ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion about travelling

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jonser

Confusion about travelling

Post by jonser » Sat May 07, 2022 11:38 pm

Hi All,
My citizenship ceremony is next week. However, I applied for a visa for an important trip which I cannot miss. The visa should be out soon and the trip is 3rd week of June. My plan all this while is to return with my ILR and existing passport if my British passport doesn't come out before then. Just wondering if there would be any problems with this.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Confusion about travelling

Post by AmazonianX » Sun May 08, 2022 2:31 am

jonser wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 11:38 pm
Hi All,
My citizenship ceremony is next week. However, I applied for a visa for an important trip which I cannot miss. The visa should be out soon and the trip is 3rd week of June. My plan all this while is to return with my ILR and existing passport if my British passport doesn't come out before then. Just wondering if there would be any problems with this.
There won't be any problem you still hold passport with ILR and your BRP.

jonser

Post by jonser » Sun May 08, 2022 10:35 am

Thank you

Brazos
Mood:

Post by Brazos » Sun May 08, 2022 7:32 pm

Only if you don't attend the citizenship ceremony. Because if you do then your ILR will become invalid as you'd be a British citizen. And by law you have to return your BRP within 5 days of attending the citizenship ceremony.

jonser

Post by jonser » Sun May 08, 2022 9:08 pm

Oh no!