ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kimmy480
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Kimmy480 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:29 pm

Yashraal07 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:13 pm
For those asking for an update.
I received a email from the BRP courier on 21/4/22 that my BRP card should arrive within 48 hours! But I haven’t Received a tracking number at the min! Didn’t even receive a Decision email 🤷🏿‍♂️ We shall see how it plays out
Congratulations Yashraal07! I'm in the exact same position whereby I came to the UK as a child and I'm now over 25. I've had 5 years of leave to remain, applied for my 2nd further leave to remain in August 2021 and have yet to receive a decision. I suspect it won't be for another few months until I'll actually hear something back.

After reading through the new concession document I think I do meet the criteria! May I ask if you requested to be considered for ILR using the online complaint form or the public.enquiries @ homeoffice.gov.uk email address?

Thanks in advance!

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:46 am

Hello Kamsi,

Wow, that was fast. People are waiting 10 months and over. What's the magic?

When you emailed them, which email did you use? Did you have to escalate?

I also applied for a fee waiver in January which was fully accepted. Then I have submitted the application on 25th February and had biometrics taken a week later. I haven't heard anything since then.

The lady at HO centre in Croydon said decisions are delayed by 11 months so I am really surprised you got your one so fast.

Congratulations

kamsi wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:39 pm
Update to help those still waiting:

Applied for fee waiver: 18/01/22
Email sent to UKVI to chase up fee waiver application: 21/03/22
UKVI sent fee waiver decision via email on 22/3/22. Fee waiver application partially accepted. Waiver granted for IHS due to working for the NHS.
FLR(FP) application submitted: 23/3/22
Biometric enrolled on: 31/3/22
Received email from UKVI on 25/4/22 requesting for signed and completed copy of Part Two of the consent form and also A2 English language certificate. Mistake on my part I didn’t include Part Two of the consent form. On the same day 25/4/22 I emailed a signed copy of Part Two of the consent form. In the same email I informed them that the application is based on Article 8 of ECtHR and therefore it’s not subject to meeting an English language requirement. However I still attached copy of a A1 English language certificate I had previously used in other immigration applications in the past.

Received an email from the UKVI on 26/4/22 which reads in part:

“You applied for leave to remain on under the Appendix FM 5-year partner route.
However, we have decided that you meet the requirements of the 10-year partner route under paragraphs R-LTRP.1.1.(a), (b) and (d) of Appendix FM. Due to your genuine and subsisting parental relationship with a British child under the age of 18, you meet the requirements under paragraph EX1a.

Accordingly you have been granted a period of 30 months limited leave to remain on the 10-year partner route under paragraph D-LTRP.1.2. of Appendix FM.”

The email stated that the BRP will arrive within 7 days.

I’ll be eligible for ILR in June 2023 based on long residence, so it’ll be of no benefit to me if they consider the application under the 5-year route as they suggested in the email.

Thanks all!

Yashraal
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Yashraal » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:15 am

Kimmy480 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:29 pm
Yashraal07 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:13 pm
For those asking for an update.
I received a email from the BRP courier on 21/4/22 that my BRP card should arrive within 48 hours! But I haven’t Received a tracking number at the min! Didn’t even receive a Decision email 🤷🏿‍♂️ We shall see how it plays out
Congratulations Yashraal07! I'm in the exact same position whereby I came to the UK as a child and I'm now over 25. I've had 5 years of leave to remain, applied for my 2nd further leave to remain in August 2021 and have yet to receive a decision. I suspect it won't be for another few months until I'll actually hear something back.

After reading through the new concession document I think I do meet the criteria! May I ask if you requested to be considered for ILR using the online complaint form or the public.enquiries @ homeoffice.gov.uk email address?

Thanks in advance!
Send it to both! They take 20 working m days to reply. If you do meet the requirements.. you should be granted ILR

Yashraal
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Yashraal » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:17 am

Zainali511 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:33 am
Yashraal07 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:07 am
Yes it was!!!
Congrats! thats amazing I have also emailed and sent a letter fingers crossed now, Di u just randomly get the health surcharge back? or did they write to you?
Yes randomly! I was waiting for 11 months tho

Buggy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Buggy » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:22 pm

Applied May 10/2021
Biometrics 1 July 2021
Visa approval email - 27/04/2022
Awaiting BRP

Wiki7
Newly Registered

Post by Wiki7 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:41 am

Buggy wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:22 pm
Applied May 10/2021
Biometrics 1 July 2021
Visa approval email - 27/04/2022
Awaiting BRP
Congratulations, was it extension or first time application?

temif22
Newly Registered

Post by temif22 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:44 pm

Good afternoon and thanks for all the information available for some of us that are silence follower. Please I need an urgent clarification. I am about to apply for FLR FP first extension. My over seven year son apply separately on the basis of his private life in the UK and was granted visa on Private Life. Afterward both parent got their application approved on Partner Route based on our relationship with the child. It stated there are exceptional circumstances in your case which would render refusal a breach of Article 8 since the child has been in the UK for more than 7 years.
Now that I need to extend the parent visa, which of the option should I select - Partner; Parent; or Private Life? Your suggestion will be appreciated. The whole family lives together.

Wiki7
Newly Registered

Post by Wiki7 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:54 am

temif22 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:44 pm
Good afternoon and thanks for all the information available for some of us that are silence follower. Please I need an urgent clarification. I am about to apply for FLR FP first extension. My over seven year son apply separately on the basis of his private life in the UK and was granted visa on Private Life. Afterward both parent got their application approved on Partner Route based on our relationship with the child. It stated there are exceptional circumstances in your case which would render refusal a breach of Article 8 since the child has been in the UK for more than 7 years.
Now that I need to extend the parent visa, which of the option should I select - Partner; Parent; or Private Life? Your suggestion will be appreciated. The whole family lives together.
I think immigration lawyer can answer best and accurately or you can call H.O and could ask as I did several times in past but in my opinion it’s “Private Life”. I can be wrong 😑 or maybe right 😀

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:23 am

Hello,

You don't need a solicitor for this one. I believe you should select Private Life.

I have just applied in the same circumstances as yours and have done biometrics about 3 weeks ago at the Croydon centre. The Home Office lady checked my application and everything was absolutely fine.

If you applied because your child qualified for the 7 year residency, you've been granted under Private life human rights grounds.

This is my first extension too and I applied for fee waiver before I submitted the extension application myself.

Hope this helps.

temif22 wrote:

dr.me
Newly Registered

Post by dr.me » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:00 am

Good day house, pls I just need help. My family(myself,wife and second child) was granted base on 7yrs rule recently but I still have my eldest child in Ghana and I don't know if I can use flrfp application for dependants outside uk and also book the appointment here? I want to do it myself due to lack of money

temif22
Newly Registered

Post by temif22 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:21 am

Thank you Wiki7 and God bless.
Wiki7 wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:54 am
temif22 wrote:
I think immigration lawyer can answer best and accurately or you can call H.O and could ask as I did several times in past but in my opinion it’s “Private Life”. I can be wrong 😑 or maybe right 😀

temif22
Newly Registered

Post by temif22 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:22 am

Your response is really appreciated Vin81 and God bless.

Vini81 wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:23 am
Hello,

You don't need a solicitor for this one. I believe you should select Private Life.

I have just applied in the same circumstances as yours and have done biometrics about 3 weeks ago at the Croydon centre. The Home Office lady checked my application and everything was absolutely fine.

If you applied because your child qualified for the 7 year residency, you've been granted under Private life human rights grounds.

This is my first extension too and I applied for fee waiver before I submitted the extension application myself.

Hope this helps.

temif22 wrote:

temif22
Newly Registered

Post by temif22 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:33 pm

Hi Vin81,

Can I select sole responsibility on the child or need to include the other parent's name? The reason for the question is the evidence they are requesting such as court access etc. Also, I need to fill the children's name again under my applying partner section. I whole family live together.

Thanks
temif22 wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:22 am

Vini81 wrote:
Hello,

Hope this helps.

temif22 wrote:

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Sun May 01, 2022 8:26 pm

Hello,

Yes, if you live as a family unit and I would guess that you both have parental responsibility for your child then yes, you must enter your your partners details as the form asks.

If you both have responsibility for the child then you shouldn't select sole responsibility for yourself. I don't quite remember which options are there but there must be something else you can select to include your partners (something like shared responsibility or something)?

I have printed my whole form and will have a look and get back to you if you need more info.

I found the form quite repetitive but just fill it in as they ask and you'll be fine.

Please hit me back if you have more questions. I'm not a solicitor but didn't find it too complicated to submit the application. It's trying and annoyingly repetitive though 😁

Best

quote=temif22 post_id=2067750 time=1651325588 user_id=261239]
Hi Vin81,

Can I select sole responsibility on the child or need to include the other parent's name? The reason for the question is the evidence they are requesting such as court access etc. Also, I need to fill the children's name again under my applying partner section. I whole family live together.

Thanks
temif22 wrote:

Vini81 wrote:
Hello,

Hope this helps.

temif22 wrote:
[/quote]

kamsi
Mood:

Post by kamsi » Tue May 03, 2022 1:44 am

Vini81 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:46 am
Hello Kamsi,

I also applied for a fee waiver in January which was fully accepted. Then I have submitted the application on 25th February and had biometrics taken a week later. I haven't heard anything since then.

The lady at HO centre in Croydon said decisions are delayed by 11 months so I am really surprised you got your one so fast.

Congratulations

kamsi wrote:

UKVI sent fee waiver decision via email on 22/3/22. Fee waiver application partially accepted. Waiver granted for IHS due to working for the NHS.
Received email from UKVI on 25/4/22 requesting for signed and completed copy of Part Two of the consent form and also A2 English language certificate. Mistake on my part I didn’t include Part Two of the consent form. On the same day 25/4/22 I emailed a signed copy of Part Two of the consent form. In the same email I informed them that the application is based on Article 8 of ECtHR and therefore it’s not subject to meeting an English language requirement. However I still attached copy of a A1 English language certificate I had previously used in other immigration applications in the past.

However, we have decided that you meet the requirements of the 10-year partner route under paragraphs R-LTRP.1.1.(a), (b) and (d) of Appendix FM. Due to your genuine and subsisting parental relationship with a British child under the age of 18, you meet the requirements under paragraph EX1a.

Accordingly you have been granted a period of 30 months limited leave to remain on the 10-year partner route under paragraph D-LTRP.1.2. of Appendix FM.”

I’ll be eligible for ILR in June 2023 based on long residence, so it’ll be of no benefit to me if they consider the application under the 5-year route as they suggested in the email.

Thanks all!
Hi, I only emailed them to chase up the fee waiver application and they responded to me the next day. My nephew applied for visa renewal in March 2022 and his took 2 weeks after biometric enrolment. I am not sure in which order the applications are decided.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Tue May 03, 2022 8:28 am

Can you provide the email address you used to contact them please?

Thanks

kamsi wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:44 am
Vini81 wrote:
Hello Kamsi,

Congratulations

kamsi wrote:

Thanks all!
Hi, I only emailed them to chase up the fee waiver application and they responded to me the next day. My nephew applied for visa renewal in March 2022 and his took 2 weeks after biometric enrolment. I am not sure in which order the applications are decided.

temif22
Newly Registered

Post by temif22 » Tue May 03, 2022 12:31 pm

Thank you Vin81 and remain blessed.
Vini81 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 8:26 pm
Hello,

Yes, if you live as a family unit and I would guess that you both have parental responsibility for your child then yes, you must enter your your partners details as the form asks.

If you both have responsibility for the child then you shouldn't select sole responsibility for yourself. I don't quite remember which options are there but there must be something else you can select to include your partners (something like shared responsibility or something)?

I have printed my whole form and will have a look and get back to you if you need more info.

I found the form quite repetitive but just fill it in as they ask and you'll be fine.

Please hit me back if you have more questions. I'm not a solicitor but didn't find it too complicated to submit the application. It's trying and annoyingly repetitive though 😁

Best

quote=temif22 post_id=2067750 time=1651325588 user_id=261239]
Hi Vin81,

Thanks
temif22 wrote:

Vini81 wrote:
Hello,

Hope this helps.

temif22 wrote:
[/quote]

kamsi
Mood:

Post by kamsi » Wed May 04, 2022 2:07 am

Vini81 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 8:28 am

Thanks

kamsi wrote:
Vini81 wrote:
Hello Kamsi,

Congratulations

kamsi wrote:

Thanks all!
I sent the email to both of these email addresses:

FHR9DestitutionQueries@homeoffice.gov.uk

applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gov.uk,

Wiki7
Newly Registered

Post by Wiki7 » Wed May 04, 2022 8:06 pm

Wiki7 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:11 am
FLR (FP) First application time line

Application submitted on …………7/05/2021

Biometrics enrolment invitations email received 11/05/2021

Biometrics done in croydon………. 24/05/2021

Decision date………… 29 April 2022 (Granted)

BRP received…………..waiting
Alhamdulilah got email today.
It has been almost 1 years to received decision. Never loose hope. Rocky1234, I am very positive that it’s your turn now as our timelines are almost same.

Rocky12345
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Rocky12345 » Wed May 04, 2022 11:08 pm

Aww insha Allah my friend. Congratulations!!! Very pleased to hear and see people getting positive decisions now. 🤲

Well deserved. Enjoy life now lol.

Wiki7
Newly Registered

Post by Wiki7 » Sun May 08, 2022 9:42 pm

Wiki7 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:06 pm
Wiki7 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:11 am
FLR (FP) First application time line

Application submitted on …………7/05/2021

Biometrics enrolment invitations email received 11/05/2021

Biometrics done in croydon………. 24/05/2021

Decision date………… 29 April 2022 (Granted)

BRP received…………. 6th of May 2022
Alhamdulilah got email today.
It has been almost 1 years to received decision. Never loose hope. Rocky1234, I am very positive that it’s your turn now as our timelines are almost same.

Rmtofficial__
Newly Registered
Grenada

Post by Rmtofficial__ » Mon May 09, 2022 10:06 am

Can someone help me, I previously held leave to remain and during that time covid was really bad. I lost an uncle and also had a tribunal case with my previous employer.
I suffer with anxiety and depression my diagnosis being generalised anxiety disorder in which I get medication for. Needless to say my mental health deteriorated and I was left suicidal after everything.

During that my visa expired, I received the fee waiver on the 7th February 2022 and was granted, I enrolled my biometrics 12th march 2022 and my passport was retained I was told I’d get it back once a decision has been made.

However will I be refused and if so will the decision still take more than 6months?
What timelines has it been for everyone else?
I didn’t even receive acknowledgment to say it was received by the home office although my Mp stated that the home office said my fee waiver is open and ongoing?

Why does it take so long especially if you’ve previously held it?

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Mon May 09, 2022 6:12 pm

Thanks a lot!

kamsi wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 2:07 am
Vini81 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 8:28 am

Thanks

kamsi wrote:
Vini81 wrote:
Hello Kamsi,

Congratulations

kamsi wrote:

Thanks all!
I sent the email to both of these email addresses:

FHR9DestitutionQueries@homeoffice.gov.uk

applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gov.uk,

Wahid2022
Newly Registered

Post by Wahid2022 » Sun May 15, 2022 9:31 pm

Flr fp 10 year route family life application submitted 25 march 2022

Visa received 11 may 2022
This was my third extension on all previous ones it says no recourse to public funds but this one doesnt say that am i eligible for public funds

Thanks

kkarimov
Newly Registered

Post by kkarimov » Mon May 16, 2022 9:29 am

Hi,

Congratulations!!!

It was so quick. Did you apply with super priority?

In regards to public funds, most likely you are now eligible to claim benefits but please check the decision letter and they normally specify about public funds conditions

I have applied in January, 2022 and am still waiting since then.

Best of luck!