ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skywall0
Newly Registered
Egypt

ILR and sickness leave

Post by skywall0 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:25 pm

Hi Everybody ,

I am on tier 2 visa , I am on long sick leave ( 4 months now ) . My payment will be cut to half next month ( and this will be less than the threshold for tier 2 visa ) and after 4 months it would be unpaid . My ILR is will be by the end of the year . My employer rules is to inform the Home office is there is a change in salary . Will this affect my application for the ILR ( I mean being sick for long periods and having pay-cut / unpaid because of that ) If I returned to work before the application for ILR .

Thanks ,

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR and sickness leave

Post by zimba » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:26 am

It has no effect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

skywall0
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by skywall0 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:28 pm

Thanks

skywall0
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by skywall0 » Sun May 15, 2022 11:35 am

Further to my question,

1-Is it possible to apply for ILR while I am on nil pay sick leave ? What about being not paying any taxes at time of not earning?
2- Any recommendations for an immigration firm/ lawyer ?
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 15, 2022 2:11 pm

1. Yes, read the guide on Skilled workers: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... r-guidance
2. We cannot recommend anything. Most people do not need their help and their usual advice just costs you a lot of money
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

skywall0
Newly Registered
Egypt

ILR : Annual leaves and sickness leave

Post by skywall0 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:14 pm

Hi Everyone ,
I will apply for ILR in 2 -3 weeks .
Couple of questions
1- Regarding the work related annual leave : I took a number of holidays where the actual holidays for example from Monday to Friday ( = 5 days annual leave ) , but I have travelled and returned in the weekends ( = 9 days outside UK ). In both scenarios my Shall I write a cover letter to explain ? will this be an issue ?

2- I have been on long sick leave ( about 4 months ) . I have travelled to my home country for about 10 days during this sick leave . I got a letter from my doctor before travelling supporting that I need it for my health ( mental health ) . My employer knew also about it and supported me travelling . Is the doctor letter + sickness notice from GP is enough or should I got a letter from the employer about what happened ( I can do it , but a little bit of hassle as I work in a big governmental organisation ) . Definitely I do not want and delay in my application processing , so I would get the letter from the employer if the doctor letter is not enough .

Thanks
Regards

Casa

Re: ILR : Annual leaves and sickness leave

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:31 pm

skywall0 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:14 pm
Hi Everyone ,
I will apply for ILR in 2 -3 weeks .
Couple of questions
1- Regarding the work related annual leave : I took a number of holidays where the actual holidays for example from Monday to Friday ( = 5 days annual leave ) , but I have travelled and returned in the weekends ( = 9 days outside UK ). In both scenarios my Shall I write a cover letter to explain ? will this be an issue ? The day of departure and the day of your return don't count as an absence from the UK.

2- I have been on long sick leave ( about 4 months ) . I have travelled to my home country for about 10 days during this sick leave . I got a letter from my doctor before travelling supporting that I need it for my health ( mental health ) . My employer knew also about it and supported me travelling . Is the doctor letter + sickness notice from GP is enough or should I got a letter from the employer about what happened ( I can do it , but a little bit of hassle as I work in a big governmental organisation ) . Definitely I do not want and delay in my application processing , so I would get the letter from the employer if the doctor letter is not enough . The GP's letter should be sufficient.

Thanks
Regards
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

skywall0
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by skywall0 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:34 am

Thank you very much . what about the days in-between . For examples , suppose I took an annual leave last week from 12 th September 2022 ( Monday ) to 16 September ( Friday ) and I travelled 10th September ( Saturday ) and returned 18 th September . Even days of travel not counted , I will still got Saturday 10 of September and Sunday 18 th September not covered . As I mentioned , It does not matter with me if they are counted outside UK as I have had very few annual leaves , I am just asking about how to give the evidence .
Thanks again

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:55 pm

skywall0 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:34 am
Thank you very much . what about the days in-between . For examples , suppose I took an annual leave last week from 12 th September 2022 ( Monday ) to 16 September ( Friday ) and I travelled 10th September ( Saturday ) and returned 18 th September . Even days of travel not counted , I will still got Saturday 10 of September and Sunday 18 th September not covered . As I mentioned , It does not matter with me if they are counted outside UK as I have had very few annual leaves , I am just asking about how to give the evidence .
Thanks again
Your passport would evidence your departures and entry. Also the system would do it own calculations when you input your departure and entry dates, and sum it up for you.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

skywall0
Newly Registered
Egypt

Changing address while processing ILR

Post by skywall0 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:36 pm

Hi ,
I am preparing to submit my ILR in 2 weeks ( tier 2 ) and I will use the superprioity service . My rent contract ends in 2 months and I want to move to a new place. If I moved address after submitting the application , would this complicate things or cause a delay in the processing ? Would I need to send updated documents with the new address proof.
Thanks ,

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Re: Changing address while processing ILR

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:19 pm

All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

skywall0
Newly Registered
Egypt

ILR leaves

Post by skywall0 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:54 pm

Hello,
I was working in a NHS training job , which included a ( personal study day) On Wednesday. This day could be used as I like ( e.g. study, read , attend a course). I am not required to go to the work place. I have travelled outside UK on a Tuesday night for a 5 days vacation. Wednesday was not an annual leave. The days following Wednesday was annual leave.
Now , in the absences letter from the employer mentioned that day ( A study leave ). I have 2 questions
1- Is there any problem in that?
2- Is this ok to submit this letter with explanation in a cover letter, or shall I ask the employer to clarify it ?
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR leaves

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:00 am

skywall0 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:54 pm
Hello,
I was working in a NHS training job , which included a ( personal study day) On Wednesday. This day could be used as I like ( e.g. study, read , attend a course). I am not required to go to the work place. I have travelled outside UK on a Tuesday night for a 5 days vacation. Wednesday was not an annual leave. The days following Wednesday was annual leave.
Now , in the absences letter from the employer mentioned that day ( A study leave ). I have 2 questions
1- Is there any problem in that?
2- Is this ok to submit this letter with explanation in a cover letter, or shall I ask the employer to clarify it ?
Thanks
In reality, the UKVI only cares about absences from the UK. Absences from work as long as they were agreed by your employer are all ok and UKVI does not care about the nitty-gritty details.

See: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-question ... l#p2090242

skywall0
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: ILR leaves

Post by skywall0 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:04 am

Much appreciated Zimba .You really very helpful

skywall0
Newly Registered
Egypt

ILR documents

Post by skywall0 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:11 pm

Happy Xmas everyone ,
I applied online for ILR . I got 2 questions
1- If I upload the documents online , do I need to take them to the biometric appointment ?
2- I am required to submit the latest bank statement ( must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of application ) .What is the date of the application , is it the time of online submission of application or the date of the biometrics ) ?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR documents

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:13 pm

Topics Merged!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
1- If I upload the documents online , do I need to take them to the biometric appointment ?
No, you only need to take your passport and BRP card. Many do take the documents, just in case there is an issue with what you have scanned and uploaded and UKCVAS need to rescan it.
2- I am required to submit the latest bank statement ( must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of application ) .What is the date of the application , is it the time of online submission of application or the date of the biometrics ) ?

As is answered multiple times daily, the date of application is the date you submit and pay online. Your biometrics appointment is irrelevant to this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skywall0
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: ILR documents

Post by skywall0 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:49 pm

Really appreciate it .Happy new year