ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender Indian Passport-Urgent Query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

itmanager
Mood:
India

Surrender Indian Passport-Urgent Query

Post by itmanager » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:00 pm

Hi All,

I have an appointment with VFS to Surrender Indian Passport on 21st March 2022.

I have received my British passport just today and HMPO saying my supporting documents ( Indian Passport + Naturalisation) will be sent in few days.

Is there a process to goahead with submitting my application without INDIAN PASSPORT.

Thank you

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Surrender Indian Passport-Urgent Query

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:47 pm

itmanager wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:00 pm
Hi All,

I have an appointment with VFS to Surrender Indian Passport on 21st March 2022.

I have received my British passport just today and HMPO saying my supporting documents ( Indian Passport + Naturalisation) will be sent in few days.

Is there a process to goahead with submitting my application without INDIAN PASSPORT.

Thank you
No, you would be better of getting another appointment.

You can't go ahead with surrender of passport application without the passport itself. It is submitted, stamped, clipped and returned back in due course of time.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

itmanager
Mood:
India

Post by itmanager » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:29 pm

I thought so! Thank You dontringthebell

I have Passport Surrender Appointment for 21st March .
I have OCI appointment Appointment for 31st March.

Unfortunately appointments are not available till 2nd week of MAY 2022 for Passport Surrender.

I need to travel as soon as possible

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:08 pm

Buddy get a visa and travel, once back you may continue with these applications.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

itmanager
Mood:
India

Post by itmanager » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:01 pm

Thanks Buddy

Can I still go for OCI without Surrender Certificate/ Indian Passport surrender

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:00 pm

itmanager wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:01 pm
Thanks Buddy

Can I still go for OCI without Surrender Certificate/ Indian Passport surrender
Surrender Certificate is a must for OCI

itmanager
Mood:
India

Post by itmanager » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:54 am

Thanks Buddy

How can I cancel my appointment, i dont see any procedure to cancel the requests

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:31 am

You cant actually. Only book another one.

itmanager
Mood:
India

Post by itmanager » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:57 pm

Thanks dontringthebell

I was at VFS today and upon explaining the situation and requesting for alternate date at same VFS they somehow managed to cancel my both appointments and gave an alternate date next month .

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:46 pm

itmanager wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:57 pm
Thanks dontringthebell

I was at VFS today and upon explaining the situation and requesting for alternate date at same VFS they somehow managed to cancel my both appointments and gave an alternate date next month .
Lucky you

chavachows2
Newly Registered

Post by chavachows2 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:02 pm

Hi Guys,

Quick help please!

My wife got her naturalisation done and applied for British Passport. It is approved and will receive it in few days.

I am trying to apply for Surrender of Indian Passport. I got confused whether to fill the downloaded form or fill it online on 'https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/On ... pplyScForm'

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks
Praveen

itmanager
Mood:
India

Post by itmanager » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:30 pm

Hi chavachows2,

Creater user login and then you need to fill the form online https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html

just to let you know
I have received my British Passport on 19th March and not received the supporting documents (Indian Passport and naturalisation certificate) from HMPO till date. I have to cancel my VFS appointment twice.

consider the time gap and book your surrender Certificate appointment

chavachows2
Newly Registered

Post by chavachows2 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:04 pm

Thanks itmanager!

It is very helpful.

tharmia81
India

Post by tharmia81 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:36 am

Is it ok to surrender the Indian Passport first and then apply for the British passport using the cancelled Indian passport?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:15 pm

tharmia81 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:36 am
Is it ok to surrender the Indian Passport first and then apply for the British passport using the cancelled Indian passport?
Yes after naturalisation you can surrender indian passport and then obtain british passport, though its always handy to have one live passport. You would have to attach a letter stating that you have acquired foreign nationality and yet to acquire foreign passport or that your application is in the process.

tharmia81
India

Post by tharmia81 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:34 pm

dontringthebell wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:15 pm
tharmia81 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:36 am
Yes after naturalisation you can surrender indian passport and then obtain british passport, though its always handy to have one live passport. You would have to attach a letter stating that you have acquired foreign nationality and yet to acquire foreign passport or that your application is in the process.
Thanks a lot

itmanager
Mood:
India

Post by itmanager » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:30 pm

dontringthebell wrote:
If I know this before I would had done the same. it has been 8 weeks since my application and I have not received my supporting documents from HMPO.

Whenever I call HMPO they wanted to help me and transfer my calls. after transferring the calls the call gets disconnected and sometimes I wait for 3 hours but no response.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:50 am

itmanager wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:30 pm
If I know this before I would had done the same. it has been 8 weeks since my application and I have not received my supporting documents from HMPO.

Whenever I call HMPO they wanted to help me and transfer my calls. after transferring the calls the call gets disconnected and sometimes I wait for 3 hours but no response.

Write to them via email or post using the information given in Passport Booklet. I hope it is resolved sooner for you.

itmanager
Mood:
India

Post by itmanager » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:08 am

Sure will do that today. Thank you dontringthebell

chavachows3
Newly Registered

Post by chavachows3 » Wed May 04, 2022 3:03 pm

itmanager wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:30 pm
dontringthebell wrote:

@dontringthebell - I am in the same position. Tired of speaking to Passport office and it goes on every day but supporting documents not received yet. Any progress on your side?

chetan8118
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by chetan8118 » Sat May 07, 2022 8:58 pm

I am also waiting for my Indian passport to receive back from HMPO. I had got my British passport on 7th April, 2022.

chavachows3
Newly Registered

Post by chavachows3 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:04 am

Hi Guys,

Finally after a crazy time laps of 5 and half weeks (from the time receiving the British Passport) and after a great deal of chasing them, I received email today saying they are delivering it tomorrow.

quick question, please help!

I got Surrender of Indian Passport appointment today but I will get the doc tomorrow. Would the VFS Bradford allow us to get in tomorrow if I explain them the situation. I don't have next appointment for a month.

Any experience anyone gone through this scenario would help me, thanks.

Much appreciated

chavachows3
Newly Registered

Post by chavachows3 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:04 am

Hi Guys,

Finally after a crazy time laps of 5 and half weeks (from the time receiving the British Passport) and after a great deal of chasing them, I received email today saying they are delivering it tomorrow.

quick question, please help!

I got Surrender of Indian Passport appointment today but I will get the doc tomorrow. Would the VFS Bradford allow us to get in tomorrow if I explain them the situation. I don't have next appointment for a month.

Any experience anyone gone through this scenario would help me, thanks.

Much appreciated

itmanager
Mood:
India

Post by itmanager » Tue May 17, 2022 10:55 am