ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Tourist Visa Requirements - Netherlands - UK BRP Holder

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

notenoughmiles
Newly Registered

Schengen Tourist Visa Requirements - Netherlands - UK BRP Holder

Post by notenoughmiles » Tue May 17, 2022 12:20 am

Hi all,

I'm planning on taking a flight from Amsterdam to the Middle East later this year as there is a significant difference in air fare.

I'm a UK citizen and my wife has a UK BRP. I'll be flying on a separate carrier from the UK to AMS and may stay in Amsterdam for a day before flying out to the Middle East so a transit visa wouldn't suffice and I need a Tourist Visa.

I have an Indian Marriage certificate translated to English. I've read various (albeit few year old) reports on the forums that the marriage certificates need to be apostilled but the official checklist on the Netherlands VFS website (https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/ne ... cklist.pdf) doesn't state this - is this required?

It seems the marriage certificate is only required to prove that the applicant has enough money for the intended stay so if I have traveller's cheques for the required amount, is a mention of myself or being married even required?

Any help would be really appreciated.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Schengen Tourist Visa Requirements - Netherlands - UK BRP Holder

Post by ALKB » Tue May 17, 2022 4:54 pm

notenoughmiles wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:20 am
Hi all,

I'm planning on taking a flight from Amsterdam to the Middle East later this year as there is a significant difference in air fare.

I'm a UK citizen and my wife has a UK BRP. I'll be flying on a separate carrier from the UK to AMS and may stay in Amsterdam for a day before flying out to the Middle East so a transit visa wouldn't suffice and I need a Tourist Visa.

I have an Indian Marriage certificate translated to English. I've read various (albeit few year old) reports on the forums that the marriage certificates need to be apostilled but the official checklist on the Netherlands VFS website (https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/ne ... cklist.pdf) doesn't state this - is this required?

It seems the marriage certificate is only required to prove that the applicant has enough money for the intended stay so if I have traveller's cheques for the required amount, is a mention of myself or being married even required?

Any help would be really appreciated.
The Apostille is a typical requirement for family members of EU nationals under EU Freedom of Movement. You as British citizen are no longer an EU national, so regular visitor visa/Schengen visa rules apply to all of your non-EEA family members.

If the visa application form asks about marital status, it should be answered truthfully.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.