ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Remote Work / Freelance Visas in Europe

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MJ82
Newly Registered

Remote Work / Freelance Visas in Europe

Post by MJ82 » Wed May 18, 2022 6:43 am

Hello,

I am a UK and US (dual) citizen and am currently working remotely for an institution in the UAE. I am looking to move to Europe but keep reading that freelance or remote work visas (where they exist) are only given to people who can demonstrate a connection to that country or in what way their work contributes to the local economy.

However, I often read of people in a similar situation who seem to find a way of staying in Europe over a longer duration, while working for a foreign company.

Does one always need a local client or contract?

If anyone can shed some light on options or specific places in Europe where this might be possible, I would be grateful for any information you can provide.

Best,
MJ

vinny

Re: Remote Work / Freelance Visas in Europe

Post by vinny » Wed May 18, 2022 6:54 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.