ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ragnar
Newly Registered

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Ragnar » Sat May 14, 2022 6:58 pm

Sen1096 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:57 pm
Hi everyone,
I wanted to know if there's anyone else in my situation.
Non Eu with settled status applying for new Eu settlement scheme card after my Uk Residence card had expired.
I done my biometrics on 26 of November and I haven't heard anything back since.
I'm surprised because now the application site says the application costs £56 but when I applied the application was free of charge.
It's making me wonder if I have done something wrong.
Is anyone else in the same situation?
Is there a way to contact UKVCAS or Home office regarding the time my application is taking because to my understanding it should be issued within 8 weeks, and it's been 2 months and a half.
Thank you
Any update????

pamzee85
Newly Registered

Post by pamzee85 » Sun May 15, 2022 7:47 pm

Have you had an update? Call them because I just applied for mine and I’m really hoping this doesn’t happen to me. Can you leave the uk without it?

pamzee85
Newly Registered

Post by pamzee85 » Sun May 15, 2022 7:52 pm

Also the application is free. Download your application form. It could be you selected BRP instead of BRC. I did that the first time. And it charged me £56. So I suspect you’ve done the same. There’s a question where you’re asked what type of application you’re doing and you’re supposed to say changing BRC issued under eea to BRC issue under eu settlement scheme. So you’ve made an error. But if you went for Biometrics surely this should have been picked up?! Call them 0300 123 7379

Ragnar
Newly Registered

Post by Ragnar » Mon May 16, 2022 2:55 pm

pamzee85 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:52 pm
Also the application is free. Download your application form. It could be you selected BRP instead of BRC. I did that the first time. And it charged me £56. So I suspect you’ve done the same. There’s a question where you’re asked what type of application you’re doing and you’re supposed to say changing BRC issued under eea to BRC issue under eu settlement scheme. So you’ve made an error. But if you went for Biometrics surely this should have been picked up?! Call them 0300 123 7379
To upgrade your BRC issued under the EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU
This is what i did and i have not paid any fee

When i call them call hangs up they dont answere calls

Ragnar
Newly Registered

Post by Ragnar » Wed May 18, 2022 1:44 pm

Ragnar wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:55 pm
pamzee85 wrote:
To upgrade your BRC issued under the EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU

This is the reply i got

Our records show that you have applied for a replacement card to reflect your new leave. Applications are being processed with in order of the expiry date of the EEA Treaty Rights card, not in order of application date.

Ragnar
Newly Registered

Post by Ragnar » Tue May 31, 2022 10:13 am

Ragnar wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 1:44 pm
Ragnar wrote:
pamzee85 wrote:

This is the reply i got

Our records show that you have applied for a replacement card to reflect your new leave. Applications are being processed with in order of the expiry date of the EEA Treaty Rights card, not in order of application date.
Application approved will receive card in 7 days

sp84

Post by sp84 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:57 pm

Ragnar wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 10:13 am
Ragnar wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 1:44 pm
Ragnar wrote:
pamzee85 wrote:

This is the reply i got

Application approved will receive card in 7 days
Hi Ragnar,

I believe this also applies to my wife ... She is a non-EU citizen (USA) and was granted settled status in June 2021. Her Residence CARD (not permit) expired in January 2022.

We applied for a replacement card through the gov.uk site and she had her biometrics taken last week.

As her card has already expired (and it is a simple renewal for someone with settled status) I am hoping the turn around time is pretty quick ... I did read on another thread that another person got their email confirming a new card coming, only 7 days after their biometrics.

I'm just wondering how long after your biometrics, did your card arrive?

Thanks!

Ragnar
Newly Registered

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:40 pm

11 Nov 2021 got settle status
11 Nov 2021 applied for brc replacement card
16 Nov 2021 Biometric provided
07 dec 2021 previous brc expired
17 May 2022 escalated with Home Office
18 May 2022 contact MP to write to Home office
31 May 2022 received email application approved
This is my timeline

sp84

Post by sp84 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:01 pm

Ragnar wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:40 pm
11 Nov 2021 got settle status
11 Nov 2021 applied for brc replacement card
16 Nov 2021 Biometric provided
07 dec 2021 previous brc expired
17 May 2022 escalated with Home Office
18 May 2022 contact MP to write to Home office
31 May 2022 received email application approved
This is my timeline
Wow! You had to wait that long and escalate it! Even though after biometrics it says within 8 weeks!

I'm also assuming that the online proof of settled status is not accepted when leaving and re-entering the UK? ... My wife and I may need to fly to the states around mid-July.

Does you know if we have any other options available e.g. using the online portal as proof? ... Paying for an emergency re-entry visa? Etc

Thanks

Ragnar
Newly Registered

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:41 pm

No idea as per knowledge you need to have biometric card to re enter UK

sp84

Post by sp84 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:11 pm

Ragnar wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:41 pm
No idea as per knowledge you need to have biometric card to re enter UK
Thanks Ragnar - going to hopefully get in touch with Irish immigration in the next few days!

Ofm
Newly Registered

Post by Ofm » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:56 am

Hi, Following is my timeline so far.

11 July 2022: Settle Status Granted
11 July 2022: BRC also expired this day.
11 July 2022: Applied for new BRP same day.
18 July 2022: Received Email from UKVCAS to book appointment for biometrics. Paid £135 for this.
21 July 2022: Biometric Submitted.
Now it’s waiting game which I really hope that I won’t have to wait long.

I must thank Kamoe who advised me to apply for BRP when I questioned after getting my settled status. It was very helpful & this forum has been always very helpful.

Post by 1878 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:06 am

Hi. I just received email today that my replacement BRC has been issued and will arrive in 7 days and because I didn’t provide my current one with the application it’s been cancelled .

However today I am travelling to Spain and will return to the UK before the new BRC issued under EUSS has arrived.

Will that be a problem upon entry to UK?

Ofm
Newly Registered

Post by Ofm » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:16 am

1878 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:06 am
Hi. I just received email today that my replacement BRC has been issued and will arrive in 7 days and because I didn’t provide my current one with the application it’s been cancelled .

However today I am travelling to Spain and will return to the UK before the new BRC issued under EUSS has arrived.

I think that you should be okay but I wouldn’t travel or make any travel plans before my application is finalised. I don’t think that you would have any problem when you come back to any UK’s airport. As far as other countries are concerned, they don’t have any system to check if it’s been cancelled or replaced. I can be wrong so let’s see what any moderator or experienced member advises.

Can you please tell us when you applied for replacement and when you submitted your biometric if you did. Thanks

justmigs
Newly Registered

Post by justmigs » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to get a sense of the average timelines these days for upgrading BRCs (from PSS to SS) via the the IDV App?

For my case, I completed the IDV step on June 6 and am still waiting to hear back, even though it’s officially been 8 weeks (as of today) since that biometric step was completed.

As always, thank you all for sharing.

Post by 1878 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:56 pm

Ofm wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:16 am
1878 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:06 am

I think that you should be okay but I wouldn’t travel or make any travel plans before my application is finalised. I don’t think that you would have any problem when you come back to any UK’s airport. As far as other countries are concerned, they don’t have any system to check if it’s been cancelled or replaced. I can be wrong so let’s see what any moderator or experienced member advises.

Can you please tell us when you applied for replacement and when you submitted your biometric if you did. Thanks
Applied 2 May 2021, biometrics via app on 11 May 2022 and arrived in post on 28 July 2022.

Ofm
Newly Registered

Post by Ofm » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:02 pm

UPDATE

18 July 2022: Received Email from UKVCAS to book appointment for biometrics. Paid £135 for this.
15 August 2022: Received email from HO that I would receive my new BRP within 7 working days.

So far, everything went quite smooth.

Ofm
Newly Registered

Post by Ofm » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:38 am

UPDATE

15 August 2022: Received email from HO that I would receive my new BRP within 7 working days.
16 August 2022: Received email from HO that I would receive my BRP in next 48 hours and my courier would contact me within 24 hours.
18 August 2022: Received email from TNT that my card is out for delivery.

I received my BRP by 1100 Hours UK time.

evuhleen
Newly Registered
India

Post by evuhleen » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:32 am

Hello,

Replying to your post because I feel like I’m in the same situation. My BRC under EEA settlement is expiring in 2 weeks and I have just been granted settled status. Do I need to wait for a Residence card to be sent to me - as that’s what I says on the decision letter (if I don’t have a valid biometric card one will be automatically sent to me) or do I have to apply for a replacement BRP under EU settlement scheme? Please advise.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:02 pm

evuhleen wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:32 am
Hello,

Replying to your post because I feel like I’m in the same situation. My BRC under EEA settlement is expiring in 2 weeks and I have just been granted settled status. Do I need to wait for a Residence card to be sent to me - as that’s what I says on the decision letter (if I don’t have a valid biometric card one will be automatically sent to me) or do I have to apply for a replacement BRP under EU settlement scheme? Please advise.
If you applied for your settled status using the app and your existing EEA card (valid at the time), then you won't automatically receive a new card since you already have a valid card. The fact that it's expiring in two weeks makes no difference. You have to apply for it separately.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

evuhleen
Newly Registered
India

Post by evuhleen » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:58 am

Thank you Kamoe. I went for my biometrics appointment yesterday. Process was a breeze. Staff were super nice. Let’s hope I get my residence card soon enough. 🤞🏽

AMA90
Newly Registered

Post by AMA90 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:27 am

Hi everyone,
Need to travel urgently and I've been stuck in the UK since June. Anyone has advices on what to do?

Background:
Non EU family member of EU citizen, have settled status, lost my BRP (which I had before before being granted settled status so did not receive a new one when settled status application approved). Applied for a BRP replacement in June (with paid biometrics appointment) received rejection email after 1 month and told that I needed to apply for a BRC and not BRP anymore since I hold settled status. Reapplied for BRC as requested with paid biometrics appointment again in July. Been waiting since then. Called HO visa services (as advised by EU settlement line) to escalate case a week ago. Still no update.

Timeline:
Lost BRP - 22 Mai 22
Application submitted to replace BRP - 7June 22
Biometrics - 17 June 22
Rejection email - 7 July 22
New application submitted for BRC - 7 July 22
Biometrics - 14 July 22
Request Progress update/escalation - 13 September 22

It's been very helpful reading all experiences. Thanks in advance for sharing any helpful tips/information.

dlxck
Newly Registered

Post by dlxck » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:39 pm

AMA90 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:27 am
Hi everyone,
Need to travel urgently and I've been stuck in the UK since June. Anyone has advices on what to do?

Background:
Non EU family member of EU citizen, have settled status, lost my BRP (which I had before before being granted settled status so did not receive a new one when settled status application approved). Applied for a BRP replacement in June (with paid biometrics appointment) received rejection email after 1 month and told that I needed to apply for a BRC and not BRP anymore since I hold settled status. Reapplied for BRC as requested with paid biometrics appointment again in July. Been waiting since then. Called HO visa services (as advised by EU settlement line) to escalate case a week ago. Still no update.

Timeline:
Lost BRP - 22 Mai 22
Application submitted to replace BRP - 7June 22
Biometrics - 17 June 22
Rejection email - 7 July 22
New application submitted for BRC - 7 July 22
Biometrics - 14 July 22
Request Progress update/escalation - 13 September 22

It's been very helpful reading all experiences. Thanks in advance for sharing any helpful tips/information.
Hi can I ask who you requested a progress update/escalation with?

evuhleen
Newly Registered
India

Post by evuhleen » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:11 pm

Hello everyone. Just received email from APAD stating that my application for a replacement Biometric Residence Card (BRC) issued under the EU Settlement Scheme is successful and will receive my card in 7 days.

I’d say it went pretty quick just not quick enough as I had to cancel my travel plans.

Timeline for BRC replacement from EEA residence card to EUSS residence card:

Received settled status - 08/09/2022
Applied for replacement BRC & booked appointment for Biometrics- 12/09/2022 (paid 132)
Biometric Appointment - 15/09/2022
Received email from APAD - 08/10/2022

Took about 4 weeks from making an application to receiving email from APAD.