ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple entry Schengen visa from India

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rahulgill
Newly Registered

Multiple entry Schengen visa from India

Post by rahulgill » Sun May 01, 2022 5:13 pm

Hi to all helpful people,

I am looking for a bit of an advise really.

My brother and his family are visiting us in the UK this summer, whilst he will be here, he is also thinking about applying for a Schengen visa to visit some European countries (mainly France, Belgium, Spain and Italy) from India.

He will be applying for a multiple entry visa from France embassy through VFS. He has already booked a flight ticket from UK to France and hotel booking. He hasn’t made any further booking yet.

I have a few questions, if someone can take time to answer these please:

- Does he need to produce complete itinerary for all countries that he has in mind or flight and hotel booking of France will be okay
- If he is granted with multiple entries, how many days would that be valid for, I mean is it based on the travel itinerary or flat for a month or two
- Does he need to first enter the country through which he was granted Schengen visa

Many thanks :)

ywlgy

Re: Multiple entry Schengen visa from India

Post by ywlgy » Sun May 01, 2022 10:31 pm

rahulgill wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:13 pm
Hi to all helpful people,

I am looking for a bit of an advise really.

My brother and his family are visiting us in the UK this summer, whilst he will be here, he is also thinking about applying for a Schengen visa to visit some European countries (mainly France, Belgium, Spain and Italy) from India.

He will be applying for a multiple entry visa from France embassy through VFS. He has already booked a flight ticket from UK to France and hotel booking. He hasn’t made any further booking yet.
This is only doable if France is his main destination where he will spend more days than others

I have a few questions, if someone can take time to answer these please:

- Does he need to produce complete itinerary for all countries that he has in mind or flight and hotel booking of France will be okay
Tickets entering and exiting Schengen zone, hotel reservations for all nights and a brief itinerary are needed
- If he is granted with multiple entries, how many days would that be valid for, I mean is it based on the travel itinerary or flat for a month or two
It will at least cover the proposed itinerary. Past visa history (US, UK, Europe) and abundant bank account balance can help to get longer validity.
- Does he need to first enter the country through which he was granted Schengen visa
Not necessary. But he needs to make sure France is the main destination, and it's best to stick with the original plan submitted

Many thanks :)
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

rahulgill
Newly Registered

Post by rahulgill » Wed May 18, 2022 9:38 pm

@ywlgy - Sorry I didn't get chance to thank you. Appreciate you took time to answer my queries.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat May 28, 2022 2:16 pm

rahulgill wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:13 pm
I have multiple experiences with French visas, and I can say that you can book a full itinerary with multiple visits and get a single entry visa valid for 4 days; and book a simple itinerary with one visit and get a multiple entry visa valid for 6 months.

At the end of the day what matters is how much money is in your bank account. There is a minimum daily amount (like 60 € a day or so?). They take your bank account balance and divide it by that amount. The result is the maximum number of days they can give you, capped at 6 months maximum for ordinary people (I know they issue 1 year visas, but again, that will only happens if you have sufficient funds).
As previous poster say, France needs to be the country he plans to spend the most time in, not necessarily the first one.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.