ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documents needed from my spuse for my naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

halima1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

documents needed from my spuse for my naturalisation

Post by halima1992 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:40 pm

I have recently got my ILR via spousal route - I am currently in the process of applying for my naturalization.
i have been looking at the documents i needed. On Gov.uk website it states

"Evidence of British citizenship
Your spouse’s or civil partner’s current passport or naturalisation/registration certificate showing that he/she is a British citizen. You should provide a complete and full copy of your spouse’s or civil partner’s current passport. Every page in the passport must be copied including the blank pages, and
The marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate."

Do I have to scan my husband's passport - all the pages even the blank one? or do i just need my marriage certificate?
seems a bit weird to scan the whole passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: documents needed from my spuse for my naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Thu May 19, 2022 7:40 am

Do I have to scan my husband's passport - all the pages even the blank one? or do i just need my marriage certificate?
The instructions are quite clear so not sure why you are confused. You need the passport AND the marriage cert.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

halima1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Re: documents needed from my spuse for my naturalisation

Post by halima1992 » Sat May 21, 2022 11:29 am

i spoke to my solicitor and he said i didn't need all the pages scanned ( just the detail page) however it is clearly stated - so i got confused

Just needed clarification