ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E vetting and citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ketevaness
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: E vetting and citizenship application

Post by Ketevaness » Mon May 16, 2022 9:53 pm

Saroo wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:50 pm
Hii everyone after waiting 4 years decided to file judicial review rang my solicitor today she told me she will talk with the barrister and file the judicial review in coming days hopefully by Friday the total cost for judicial review is 8k euros i wish if I could have avoided this cost but i had no other option
That's so crazy. Wishing you best of luck with it 🤞

Mycalmo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mycalmo » Mon May 16, 2022 10:56 pm

It’s strange how so many people have been vetted and their results viewed by inis.

However, there is very few approvals as per boards posts. Yes I do understand there is a massive amount of people that don’t use this board and have probably been given approvals, but when u put in context how many people on here have finished vetting yet no approvals it’s alarming and scary to see that unless, inis send out a crazy amount of approvals by end of next week latest, many people that have been vetted might not make the 20th of June ceremony.

Here is the reason why, there is only about 13 working days in June before the 20th.

What that essentially means is that, all approvals have to be done this week and May be early next week to give applicants time to pay and post back whatever documents and info inis needs to beat the 10day working grace period for payment. ( remember there is also writing back to applicants to inform them of attending the ceremony, time slots etc)

I finished my vetting on the 4th of April and I ain’t heard a word from inis.

Unless I hear from them by this week, I will just take a chill pill and wait for another 7months, that is to say Dec…!!! 🙌🙌🙌

james2005
Mood:
Croatia

Post by james2005 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:14 pm

Mycalmo wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:56 pm
It’s strange how so many people have been vetted and their results viewed by inis.

However, there is very few approvals as per boards posts. Yes I do understand there is a massive amount of people that don’t use this board and have probably been given approvals, but when u put in context how many people on here have finished vetting yet no approvals it’s alarming and scary to see that unless, inis send out a crazy amount of approvals by end of next week latest, many people that have been vetted might not make the 20th of June ceremony.

Here is the reason why, there is only about 13 working days in June before the 20th.

What that essentially means is that, all approvals have to be done this week and May be early next week to give applicants time to pay and post back whatever documents and info inis needs to beat the 10day working grace period for payment. ( remember there is also writing back to applicants to inform them of attending the ceremony, time slots etc)

I finished my vetting on the 4th of April and I ain’t heard a word from inis.

Unless I hear from them by this week, I will just take a chill pill and wait for another 7months, that is to say Dec…!!! 🙌🙌🙌

Absolutely spot on 🙌🙌🙌

Ketevaness
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ketevaness » Tue May 17, 2022 4:42 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:35 pm
Sorry, what's FOI? I see people mentioning JR too. What's that?
FOI = Freedom of Information
JR = Judicial Review
Can i request to see garda e vetting disclose off of anyone? I'm interested to see what's on it.
Members cannot post things on the forum that contain personal information. Everyone here is a complete stranger.
Huh??? I wasn't asking for members here to post it. I meant it as in, can I request it off anyone in Garda office of INIS to show me my own e vetting disclosure.

YokyN
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by YokyN » Tue May 17, 2022 6:50 am

Ketevaness wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:58 pm
Hey again,

Quick question, letter i got says i need to fill in ISD form and pay €950 within 10 days. Letter is dated 12th of May, but surely they have to mean 10 days from receiving the letter?
I assume they use registered post to know when letter is actually received by the recipient and count 10 days from there?

My pay day is 25th so I am going stir crazy in case the deadline is 22nd.
My believe with the date this letter issued, as well as 28 days E-vetting when arrived to my solicitor after 12 days from the day is issued, so ask me to be hurry to respond as 12 days already out of 28.

The 950 letter i got it in my mail box not registered btw

YokyN
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by YokyN » Tue May 17, 2022 6:50 am

Ketevaness wrote:
Hey again,

Quick question, letter i got says i need to fill in ISD form and pay €950 within 10 days. Letter is dated 12th of May, but surely they have to mean 10 days from receiving the letter?
I assume they use registered post to know when letter is actually received by the recipient and count 10 days from there?

My believe with the date this letter issued, as well as 28 days E-vetting when arrived to my solicitor after 12 days from the day is issued, so ask me to be hurry to respond as 12 days already out of 28.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue May 17, 2022 6:58 am

Ketevaness wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 4:42 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:35 pm
Sorry, what's FOI? I see people mentioning JR too. What's that?
FOI = Freedom of Information
JR = Judicial Review
Can i request to see garda e vetting disclose off of anyone? I'm interested to see what's on it.
Members cannot post things on the forum that contain personal information. Everyone here is a complete stranger.
Huh??? I wasn't asking for members here to post it. I meant it as in, can I request it off anyone in Garda office of INIS to show me my own e vetting disclosure.
you can't request an e-vetting report specifically, maybe through FOI, if it's enclosed there (need to consult other members for that)
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

yomariano05
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yomariano05 » Tue May 17, 2022 10:43 am

The Irish Travel Document is the only document asked to post back to them. I only have the IRP visa stamp 4.

I am not sure if I have to return my IRP back to them by post or not. I assume dont have to and only fill out the online form and pay the 950 euros fee.

Ketevaness
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ketevaness » Tue May 17, 2022 1:53 pm

YokyN wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:50 am
Ketevaness wrote:
Hey again,

Sorry, I didn't understand this at all...?

AAP1977
Ireland

Post by AAP1977 » Tue May 17, 2022 4:17 pm

8)
Last edited by AAP1977 on Tue May 17, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AAP1977
Ireland

Post by AAP1977 » Tue May 17, 2022 4:20 pm

Hello,

He/She is trying to explain that the clock starts from the date the letter was sent.

He/She was also trying to give an example of when his/her E Vetting was sent, Solicitor advised that the form be returned within 16days as the letter was received 12days from the original dated date.

Ketevaness
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ketevaness » Tue May 17, 2022 8:28 pm

AAP1977 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 4:20 pm
Hello,

He/She is trying to explain that the clock starts from the date the letter was sent.

He/She was also trying to give an example of when his/her E Vetting was sent, Solicitor advised that the form be returned within 16days as the letter was received 12days from the original dated date.
Ok, makes no sense though. If it takes up to 6 days for letter to be received in counties far from them, with weekend (bevause it says 10 days, not 1p working days) it leaves only 4 days, which is so unfair. Oh well 🤷‍♀️

Alibhai
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Alibhai » Wed May 18, 2022 2:50 pm

Hi guys.
I am in the same boat.

Applied oct/2020
Acknowledgement march/2021
Vetting invitation 3/5/2022
Submit 13/5/2022
Probably disclosure viewed 20th or 23rd of may.

Is thare still chances to get done for 20th june ceremony.

Letter mentioned.

i am directed by the minister of justice to refer to your application for a certificate of naturalisation.

The minister has requested an up to date garda report in respect of you application...etc

Alibhai
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Alibhai » Thu May 19, 2022 9:13 am

Sam2021 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:43 pm
NiallPP wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:31 pm
Received e-vetting invitation form today. A little confused about if they require a copy of passport or other ID documentation to be sent back with this? Letter doesnt mention it but the guidelines included state "all applicants will be required to provide documents to validate their identity. "

I'm also confused as to which address this form should be sent and is it worth doing so by recorded delivery?

Can anybody help clarify? Thanks so much
Dear sir/ madam
I did my e vetting last month and it's completed
In the letter that you received with the form it indicates the address to which you should sent cmu4 department of justice rosanna road tipperary E34 N566
You should send copy of your passport as well
Good luck if anything else I can help ask me
Could you please tell me when you applied for citizenship?
I applied citizenship application in October 2020.

Gigigi
Newly Registered

Post by Gigigi » Thu May 19, 2022 10:22 am

I know the citizenship ceremonies are back on. But is there a choice to still sign the declaration instead of waiting for a citizenship ceremony

Gigigi
Newly Registered

Post by Gigigi » Thu May 19, 2022 10:25 am

I know the citizenship ceremonies are back up and running in June then December but I still have not been given a response from inis. Does anyone know if there is still a choice between waiting for ceremony or signing the declaration. Or have they stopped the declaration form. I don’t understand why they are making us wait months for citizenship ceremony after waiting years for the application

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Thu May 19, 2022 10:35 am

Gigigi wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:25 am
I know the citizenship ceremonies are back up and running in June then December but I still have not been given a response from inis. Does anyone know if there is still a choice between waiting for ceremony or signing the declaration. Or have they stopped the declaration form. I don’t understand why they are making us wait months for citizenship ceremony after waiting years for the application
No there is no more declaration form, only option is ceremony. Form was only for covid pandemic, and the ceremony was the only option before covid also.

Ketevaness
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ketevaness » Thu May 19, 2022 1:21 pm

Gigigi wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:22 am
I know the citizenship ceremonies are back on. But is there a choice to still sign the declaration instead of waiting for a citizenship ceremony
No, ceremony attendance is the only option now.
The one in June is on 20th. Not sure what date the one in December will be. Best of luck with the application xx

baqa
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by baqa » Fri May 20, 2022 8:26 am

Ketevaness wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:21 pm
Gigigi wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:22 am
No, ceremony attendance is the only option now.
The one in June is on 20th. Not sure what date the one in December will be. Best of luck with the application xx
The December ceremonies are going to be on the 5th and 6th of December, per the statements made by the Minister of Justice via the parliamentary questions process.

Adam2217
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Adam2217 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:04 pm

gaafarelansari wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:43 pm
after I completed my vetting and my declaration is shared with citizenship, I received a letter asking me to provide a police clearance certificate from Saudi Arabia because I spent some time there :? , any similar cases?
Hi, can you please update us if you happen to get police clearance certificate from Saudi Arabia while you are not living there anymore? How this can be done? And if you already done, please update us on how long they took to review it?
I was living some years in Saudi Arabia as well, and I will apply for the naturalization journey next month, and I wonder if this be any useful to do it in advance and provide to them without asking? Any advice please ?

zwei1213
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zwei1213 » Wed May 25, 2022 1:42 pm

can someone give me a quick walk through the e vetting process ? as in how do you get an invite (email,post), how do you respond to the invite and send back etc
thanks

Lxndr
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lxndr » Wed May 25, 2022 6:10 pm

zwei1213 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:42 pm
can someone give me a quick walk through the e vetting process ? as in how do you get an invite (email,post), how do you respond to the invite and send back etc
thanks
The procedure is simple. You receive a letter by post, which contains a form you have to fill in some details about you like: name, surname, date of birth, mother's maiden name, email(a valid one) and the most important the list of all the addresses you have lived at since your birth, including zip/eir code. Then you send all the information back at the specified address on the instruction that comes with it and wait for an email from garda which contains a link to your e-vetting progress that can be tracked real time. Nothing extraordinary. Hope it was helpful :)

zwei1213
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zwei1213 » Wed May 25, 2022 7:19 pm

Perfect, Thank you Lxndr

hadriacd
Newly Registered
El Salvador

Post by hadriacd » Tue May 31, 2022 7:56 am

Hi guys! has anyone received the invitation for the June Ceremony? I paid the certificate fee 2 weeks ago (and application status appears as completed on INIS website) but I havent received the invitation yet :cry:

Rumple
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Rumple » Tue May 31, 2022 8:35 am

hadriacd wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:56 am
Hi guys! has anyone received the invitation for the June Ceremony? I paid the certificate fee 2 weeks ago (and application status appears as completed on INIS website) but I havent received the invitation yet :cry:
I'm in exactly the same situation. I also have not yet received an invitation to the ceremony.