ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4EUFAM questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dlima
Newly Registered
Brazil

Temporarily living abroad while working in Ireland

Post by dlima » Thu May 19, 2022 9:35 am

Hello!

I'm currently working on Ireland with a stamp 1, but I'm also the spouse and father of EEA (Croatian) nationals. My wife recently received an offer to work temporarily (2 years) in Canada, and we're trying to figure out if we can make things work. I do most of my work remotely and my company would be OK with me being 100% remotely for these 2 years as long as I can remain a legal Irish resident.

Is there any way to do this? Should I apply for a stamp 4 in this case? We can maintain our address in Ireland during this time, but I'm not sure if I'd run into trouble when I have to renew my stamp.

avta
Ireland

Re: Temporarily living abroad while working in Ireland

Post by avta » Thu May 19, 2022 10:10 am

Hey,

There is no legal way to be absent from the State for residency purposes, even if the practice way exists.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu May 19, 2022 12:21 pm

You need to in the state for at least half a year every year for tax purposes. Your Stamp 1 requires you to be in the state for at least 9 months in a year. The best you could do is to get a Stamp 4EUFAM as that would allow you to be absent for 6 months every year, but for the remaining 6 months you must reside in Ireland.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Fri May 20, 2022 6:27 am

If you then will think about citizenship application, that period will be excluded from calculations, or even ignored whole year, especially if you be absent over 6 weeks in the year prior to application, remember about 1826 days overall being at State

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Fri May 20, 2022 9:07 am

Hey,
I just want to recommend you to recheck you remote working contract/agreement conditions.
Just in example, my company offering such long term remote contracts with the restrictions that you have to be resident in Ireland for all kind of purpose, including tax residence, and you must have/maintain the permission to work in Ireland.

dlima
Newly Registered
Brazil

Stamp 4EUFAM questions

Post by dlima » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:09 pm

Hello,

I'm currently in Ireland on a stamp 1 (work permit) that expires in march 2023, and I'm married to a EU national (Croatian). I'm considering applying for a stamp 4EUFAM and I have some questions about this:

- Can I apply at any point or do I have to wait until my current stamp is about to expire?
- Does my wife have to stay in the country until the stamp is granted or can she travel after the application?
- How long does it take for them to approve a stamp 4EUFAM?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4EUFAM questions

Post by meself2 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:19 pm

You can apply whenever, as it's a change of conditions. Not sure about traveling, most likely she's free to travel, but let's wait for other members to make sure.
Takes a while, see this thread as an example - post2075978.html#p2075978
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.