ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

European Work Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

irfangme
Newly Registered
India

European Work Visa

Post by irfangme » Mon May 23, 2022 5:39 am

Hello All,

As a overseas aspirant, i want to move to European countries and work permanently from any European location.

What i actually want to know is how do we differentiate between a work provided for a food delivery person and an IT professional? I mean what different would they have and how can we differentiate them?

I wanted to understand what would be visa name for a construction worker and what would be the visa name for a IT professional?

Is it that the Visa is same but the work they do would be different?

Or When the Visa is provided does it mention that i am not eligible for any work other than what has been provided in the Visa?

Or Will i have the opportunity work anywhere with a work visa for any job in any field?

meself2
Ireland

Re: European Work Visa

Post by meself2 » Mon May 23, 2022 7:07 am

From what I know, there is a work visa which is usually accompanied with an employment permit, where it's stated what kind of work it is for (your role in the firm) and the firm itself. If you would want to change your workplace before a certain time (e.g. two years if you have a CSEP in Ireland), you'd have to apply for a new permit.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: European Work Visa

Post by ALKB » Mon May 23, 2022 1:34 pm

irfangme wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:39 am
Hello All,

As a overseas aspirant, i want to move to European countries and work permanently from any European location.

What i actually want to know is how do we differentiate between a work provided for a food delivery person and an IT professional? I mean what different would they have and how can we differentiate them?

I wanted to understand what would be visa name for a construction worker and what would be the visa name for a IT professional?

Is it that the Visa is same but the work they do would be different?

Or When the Visa is provided does it mention that i am not eligible for any work other than what has been provided in the Visa?

Or Will i have the opportunity work anywhere with a work visa for any job in any field?
Every European country has its own rules and visa types.

Generelly, there are no employment visas for third country nationals who are unskilled. An exception can be seasonal visas for harvesting crops. There would be no visa for food delivery and usually also not for construction work. But do check the labor shortage occupation lists of the countries you are interested in, every country has different requirements.

As far as I know, there are no open work permits in Europe, but since there are so many countries I´d be happy to be corrected if such a thing does exist.

At least in the bigger/stronger economies within Europe, an employer has to sponsor a third country national (to be a sponsor also comes with requirements for the type of company can do so) and often has to prove that no European person could do the job/could be found for the job. The work visa/work permit is then issued for this specific job. Any change in employment requires new sponsorship and a new visa/permit.

There are usually also minimum salary requirements.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.