ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate visa issue

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Graduate visa issue

Post by jafferdeen » Sun May 15, 2022 7:03 pm

Hi

My brother is on Tier 4 visa and doing his Masters in UK. He could not complete his dissertation on time and he has recently submitted it and he will get his dissertation results by 15th July 2022.
But his visa will expire on 29th May 2022.
What is best option for him. One of friend told that he can apply now and delay his finger prints by 15th July 2022 to get some time. Once his course will completed in July he can be eligible for graduate visa
Is this the best option for him?
What other option he can use?

Regards
J Khan

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Graduate visa issue

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 16, 2022 12:59 pm

He has missed the boat for the Graduate visa. He should have requested a CAS for an extension of his Student visa when he was given a new submission deadline. It is too late now.

He will need to leave the UK by 29 May, but could look into coming back under the Skilled worker route. He would meet the post-study provisions as a "new entrant" for 2 years after graduation.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Post by jafferdeen » Wed May 18, 2022 3:26 pm

Can he apply under private life leave to remain and as soon as he will get his final result he can switch his pending application to Graduate route ??
J Khan

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:37 am

jafferdeen wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 3:26 pm
Can he apply under private life leave to remain
It depends whether he meets the criteria for that.

See https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/private-life

You must be able to prove that you’re:

*under 18 and you’ve lived in the UK continuously for at least 7 years, and it would be unreasonable to expect you to leave the UK
* between 18 and 24 and you’ve lived continuously in the UK for more than half your life
* 18 or over, have spent less than 20 years in the UK and would have very significant problems living in the country you’d have to go to - for example, you do not speak the language and could not learn it
* 25 or over and you’ve been in the UK continuously for 20 years

jafferdeen wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 3:26 pm
and as soon as he will get his final result he can switch his pending application to Graduate route ??
That's up to the university, but what would be the point? If he is eligible to apply under Private Life route anyway, surely best stick with that application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.