ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate VISA (Ghost?)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bhaagi
Newly Registered
Mood:

Graduate VISA (Ghost?)

Post by bhaagi » Wed May 18, 2022 3:28 pm

Hi,

I have applied for my graduate immigration route visa after successful completion, also previously known as PSW. However, the day I got a confirmation email from the university, within a few hours after that I applied, and pretty much everyone from my batch got it, some within a few hours, some within a few weeks.

I didn't get any response from the home office, not even an email informing me that it's being reviewed, or it's delayed. The service time is 8 weeks, but no hope until yet.

After waiting and waiting for so long... I re-asked my university and they once again confirmed that we have successfully reported your course completion to the home office.

I opted for the option to file a complaint against UK Visa and Immigration on their website regarding their negligence in failing to respond and ghost my application without any prior information/reason or any communication at all. Still no response.

It's been weeks since my current tier 4 visa has expired and I know I have this 3(c) immunity as well till it is decided and got no other option besides waiting since they are not escalating or taking any queries besides Ukraine refugees.

I am lost and have no idea what to do. It has affected my well being. No one gives a proper job to someone on undecided immigration status. Help!

wz2022
Newly Registered

Re: Graduate VISA (Ghost?)

Post by wz2022 » Wed May 18, 2022 6:02 pm

Hi bhaagi, how long have you been waiting since you submitted your application?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Graduate VISA (Ghost?)

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:47 am

You need to ask your university to check it with their account manager at the Home Office. It is likely that the answer will be that they have received your application and it is pending.

Meanwhile, you can work as per your Student visa, including full-time work but not permanent.

It is possible that the Student work conditions will be amended via a change in guidance to allow Graduate route applicants like yourself to start a permanent job. The immigration rules have already been amended, but only for new applicants, not for those who already have a Student visa. To make things easy for employers, hopefully the guidance will be amended to bring everyone under this provision, but meanwhile they are not.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.