ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cosbyosomo1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by cosbyosomo1 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:53 am

cosbyosomo1 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:20 pm
Hi guys:

FLR FP Parent route

Applied online: 28th September 2021
Biometrics: 11th October 2021
Escalated: 21st March 2022(Sent Mom’s death certificate)
Decision: 20th May 2022

I applied for parent route and submitted all documents for souse/partner visa as well as we live together and in relation but i was surprised i was given 10 years Partners route instead of Parent route. Does anyone know why please?

How can vary my leave now from 10 years partner route into 5 years route?

Thanks

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Tue May 24, 2022 2:02 pm

Hello, anyone seen this?

Is this a much expected game changer?

''On March 15, 2022, the Home Office published changes to immigration laws, including significant changes involving the right of abode for children. These changes will take effect on June 20, 2022.

Currently a child living in the UK continuously for 7 years can apply for a private life/human rights visa under the 10 year route. This is irrespective of whether the child was born in the UK or not.

Under the new legislation, a child who is born and lives in the UK continuously for 7 years will be able to apply directly for the Indefinite Leave to Remain, right of permanent residence in the UK.

Children who were not born in the UK but who have lived here continuously for 7 years will be able to apply for a visa under the previous legislation, but now under the 5-year route.

In both cases the children, and consequently their parents, will benefit and obtain the right of permanent residence in the UK more quickly.''

kodioaks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by kodioaks » Tue May 24, 2022 11:03 pm

FLR (FP) Timeline
Visa expired 28/02/20
Fee waiver submitted: 25/02/20
Fee waiver granted : 30/09/20
Application submitted: 01/10/20

Still awaiting a decision as of today the 24th of May 2022...More than 2 years after being granted a Fee Waiver.

Sent two complaints to HO and also a letter to the local MP during the time period but have received a letter of acknowledgement each time that the HO have received my application and are working on it.

The last correspondence from the Home Office through the Local MP read:

"As you are aware we received Mr ******** application for LTR on the basis of his family and private life on 2 October 2020.

Applications for LTR on the basis of family and private life raise issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights, which are complex in nature. All applications are subject to enquiries with other government departments and international organisations, to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied. The extent and length of time taken to complete these enquiries varies according to the particular circumstances of each application. As such, Mr ******** application falls outside of our normal service standards for deciding LTR applications and I am unable to provide a timescale for when a decision will be made.

Please be assured Mr ******** application remains under active consideration and a decision will be implemented as soon as possible. Once the decision has been made, Mr ******** will be notified in writing".

It is a long story but the Home Office are aware that I am the sole custodian to a 4 year old daughter (born to a British Caucasian Mother) and have refused to give a decision on my application - this has denied my daughter access to benefits which she is normally entitled to.

Does anyone know maybe someone in the press I could talk to regarding this please?

shade
India

Post by shade » Wed May 25, 2022 11:59 pm

Auk333 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 4:59 pm
hi its for my friend.
he was granted by the court on human rights ground flr fp. he married in pakistan few months ago and applied for his wife on spouse but as i know there is no any provision for this route, but he already applied for her does anyone know how long will it take and if anyone here on flr fp and recently applied for spouse visa from abroad please share your story
Hi, just wondering if your friend managed to sort this out? I'm in a similar situation so it would be great if you let me know whether they got entry clearance on spouse route perhaps outside the rules?

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:30 am

Have you tried your MP, Citizens Advice?
kodioaks wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:03 pm
FLR (FP) Timeline
Visa expired 28/02/20
Fee waiver submitted: 25/02/20
Fee waiver granted : 30/09/20
Application submitted: 01/10/20

Still awaiting a decision as of today the 24th of May 2022...More than 2 years after being granted a Fee Waiver.

Sent two complaints to HO and also a letter to the local MP during the time period but have received a letter of acknowledgement each time that the HO have received my application and are working on it.

The last correspondence from the Home Office through the Local MP read:

"As you are aware we received Mr ******** application for LTR on the basis of his family and private life on 2 October 2020.

Applications for LTR on the basis of family and private life raise issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights, which are complex in nature. All applications are subject to enquiries with other government departments and international organisations, to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied. The extent and length of time taken to complete these enquiries varies according to the particular circumstances of each application. As such, Mr ******** application falls outside of our normal service standards for deciding LTR applications and I am unable to provide a timescale for when a decision will be made.

Please be assured Mr ******** application remains under active consideration and a decision will be implemented as soon as possible. Once the decision has been made, Mr ******** will be notified in writing".

It is a long story but the Home Office are aware that I am the sole custodian to a 4 year old daughter (born to a British Caucasian Mother) and have refused to give a decision on my application - this has denied my daughter access to benefits which she is normally entitled to.

Does anyone know maybe someone in the press I could talk to regarding this please?

kodioaks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by kodioaks » Mon May 30, 2022 1:07 pm

I have spoken to my MP twice as well as Citizens advice all to no avail...got no criminal record either so I don't understand why the delay

Mary1986
Mood:

Post by Mary1986 » Tue May 31, 2022 11:18 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:22 pm
Yashraal wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:35 am
I need a decision as soon as possible! My Partner is 7 months pregnant and we need a larger accommodation ASAP! We are actively looking for a mortgage, which is extremely difficult without an up to date biometric card! I’ve outlined this to the Home office they simply don’t care! I ain’t looking for no hand outs or Benefits! I’ve payed my visa and NHS cost, plus saved up for a deposit on a house lol. This totally unfair and unjust! But they wanna talk about “Human rights”🤣 Home Office wanna see us failing and struggling due the Position they have placed us in! #Never

Individuals and families facing this bullsh*t gotta be mentally strong! I encourage everyone here to keep strong, never lose hope are Crumble!💪🏿
#voiceforthevoiceless!
It is unacceptable indeed.

A friend of mine had to wait 12 months for his decision last year. HO took another 3 months to send his BRPs...

Isn't anyone there for us? I mean, in Parliament, anywhere! This is just, ridiculous. It isn't a free service(one can't even call it a service but a rip off)!

Keep strong people!

How long have you been waiting? It’s over 7 months waiting and I’ve applied for a mortgage hoping that my documents will return soon, when my employer chased the expected date was 22/05/2022.

I’m praying everyday my documents return, this is so frustrating 😫

Zainali511
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zainali511 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:04 am

Mary1986 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:18 pm
Vini81 wrote:
Yashraal wrote:
I need a decision as soon as possible! My Partner is 7 months pregnant and we need a larger accommodation ASAP! We are actively looking for a mortgage, which is extremely difficult without an up to date biometric card! I’ve outlined this to the Home office they simply don’t care! I ain’t looking for no hand outs or Benefits! I’ve payed my visa and NHS cost, plus saved up for a deposit on a house lol. This totally unfair and unjust! But they wanna talk about “Human rights”🤣 Home Office wanna see us failing and struggling due the Position they have placed us in! #Never

Individuals and families facing this bullsh*t gotta be mentally strong! I encourage everyone here to keep strong, never lose hope are Crumble!💪🏿
#voiceforthevoiceless!

A friend of mine had to wait 12 months for his decision last year. HO took another 3 months to send his BRPs...

Isn't anyone there for us? I mean, in Parliament, anywhere! This is just, ridiculous. It isn't a free service(one can't even call it a service but a rip off)!

Keep strong people!

How long have you been waiting? It’s over 7 months waiting and I’ve applied for a mortgage hoping that my documents will return soon, when my employer chased the expected date was 22/05/2022.

I am waiting since october wanting to buy a house also are u able to apply mortgage without brp?

Mary1986
Mood:

Post by Mary1986 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:27 am

Hello,

I have a mortgage advisor, they have submitted my application. I’ve used the request for biometric card to chase up my documents and also wrote to my MP.

I’ve been trying to move since January an this delay is affecting me. The only option is to chase your documents when you mortgage application is submitted, otherwise all the properties you might be interested in will be reserved if you sit waiting 12 months for your Biometric. This month will be 8 months waiting and my landlord has been dragging his feet to do housing repairs.

Hope this helps

Mary1986
Mood:

Post by Mary1986 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:59 am

cosbyosomo1 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:53 am
cosbyosomo1 wrote:
Hi guys:

FLR FP Parent route

I applied for parent route and submitted all documents for souse/partner visa as well as we live together and in relation but i was surprised i was given 10 years Partners route instead of Parent route. Does anyone know why please?

Thanks

Hi,
How did you escalate your case ? Please advice
Thanks

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:40 pm

Well, the Home office lady at the Croydon Centre who checked my application said there's a 11 months wait for these to be processed. It's ridiculous!

I applied in February so not really hopeful.

Mary1986 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:18 pm
Vini81 wrote:
Yashraal wrote:

#voiceforthevoiceless!

Keep strong people!

Mary1986
Mood:

Post by Mary1986 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:25 pm

Mary1986 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:59 am
cosbyosomo1 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:53 am
cosbyosomo1 wrote:
Hi guys:

FLR FP Parent route

Thanks

Hi,
How did you escalate your case ? Please advice
Thanks
Hi,
I sent them an email an I attached the request for my BRP from the mortgage advisor. I complained on the Home Office website. I contacted my MP.

Mary1986
Mood:

Post by Mary1986 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:57 pm

Eledumare wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:39 am
Application on 25th Feb 2022
Biometric - 11th March 2022
Grant visa- 22nd April 2022

Escalated 4 times for family bereavement.
Hi,
How did you escalate it?
Thanks

rajunited03
Newly Registered

Post by rajunited03 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:22 pm

Application type FLR FP first extension
Application Submitted on : 07/2021
Postal or In Person Application : Online
Biometrics Enrolled on : 07/2021

Additional Documents Requested on (if any): Not Yet

Decision of Application : Waiting
Date of Decision : Waiting

Escalated 3 times received standard reply two times ..

Still waiting ... more then 10 months now

shade
India

Post by shade » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:42 am

Auk333 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 4:59 pm
hi its for my friend.
he was granted by the court on human rights ground flr fp. he married in pakistan few months ago and applied for his wife on spouse but as i know there is no any provision for this route, but he already applied for her does anyone know how long will it take and if anyone here on flr fp and recently applied for spouse visa from abroad please share your story
Hi, a quick follow-up on my previous question cause I think you haven't seen it. Did your friend apply for spouse visa entry clearance then? What was the outcome? I'm also looking to sponsor my foreign wife and I'm on 10 years route to settlement. Would appreicate if you let me know how your friend got it sorted. Thanks

Shahid708
Newly Registered

Post by Shahid708 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:23 pm

Jammydogger wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:33 am
Hi all,

Just wanted to post my timeline. Mine was a bit of complicated case.

Application date : 13/03/22 FLR FP partner route married with a British child (super priority) 1st application
Bio date: 04/04/22
Additional documents request: 1pm 04/04/22
Decision: Approved 05/04/22

Mine is a very long story but what was different was they asked me about a ccj I had and I had to prove proof of payment plan. I’d made two applications before that was refused and they never mentioned this part. Best of luck everyone, I’ve been lurking for years and this thread gave me hope.
Hi pal i was wondering can you please explain why your two applications was refused?how did you know you had ccj?were they refused coz of ccj?
I’m kind of same situation as I have submitted my application flrfp british wife and British child.i didn’t know i had 2 ccj which i came to know 2 months ago but i have not mentioned those in my application.will it cause trouble for me?pleas please reply please I’m worried now
Thanks

Shahid708
Newly Registered

Post by Shahid708 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:25 pm

Jammydogger wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:33 am
Hi all,

Just wanted to post my timeline. Mine was a bit of complicated case.

Application date : 13/03/22 FLR FP partner route married with a British child (super priority) 1st application
Bio date: 04/04/22
Additional documents request: 1pm 04/04/22
Decision: Approved 05/04/22

Mine is a very long story but what was different was they asked me about a ccj I had and I had to prove proof of payment plan. I’d made two applications before that was refused and they never mentioned this part. Best of luck everyone, I’ve been lurking for years and this thread gave me hope.
Hi pal i was wondering can you please explain why your two applications was refused?how did you know you had ccj?were they refused coz of ccj?
I’m kind of same situation as I have submitted my application flrfp british wife and British child.i didn’t know i had 2 ccj which i came to know 2 months ago but i have not mentioned those in my application.will it cause trouble for me?pleas please reply please I’m worried now
Thanks

Mary1986
Mood:

Post by Mary1986 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:23 pm

munirabid wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:27 pm
Zainali511 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:39 am
Hi applied oct 2021 3rd extension anyone applied around that time?
I applied my extension 8th OCT 2021 and still waiting , hope so will get reply around 6 months time till April 2022
Hello,

Have you got a decision as yet? I also applied October 2021. Thanks

Zainali511
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zainali511 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:51 pm

Mary1986 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:23 pm
munirabid wrote:
Zainali511 wrote:
I applied my extension 8th OCT 2021 and still waiting , hope so will get reply around 6 months time till April 2022
Hello,

No still waiting mp has wrote twice to escalate and i have myself and just got the generic reply so still waiting

Mary1986
Mood:

Post by Mary1986 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:37 pm

Zainali511 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:51 pm
Mary1986 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:23 pm
munirabid wrote:
Zainali511 wrote:
Hello,

No still waiting mp has wrote twice to escalate and i have myself and just got the generic reply so still waiting
I applied October 2021 still waiting, I’ve ask my mp to chase as I need a decision urgently no response as yet.
I went to a solicitor to chase. Praying we hear something this month

Mary1986
Mood:

Post by Mary1986 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:09 pm

rajunited03 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:22 pm
Application type FLR FP first extension
Application Submitted on : 07/2021
Postal or In Person Application : Online
Biometrics Enrolled on : 07/2021

Additional Documents Requested on (if any): Not Yet

Decision of Application : Waiting
Date of Decision : Waiting

Escalated 3 times received standard reply two times ..

Still waiting ... more then 10 months now
Hi

I applied online October 2021 and I’m still waiting.

How did you escalate this?
Thanks

rajunited03
Newly Registered

Post by rajunited03 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:46 pm

Via post received standard reply within 48 hours

nava7d
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by nava7d » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:35 am

My FLR FP 1st extension timeline
Applied - 16th of August 2021
Biometric- 16th of September

Still waiting…
Anyone have a similar timeline…

Thank you..

Mary1986
Mood:

Post by Mary1986 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:42 am

nava7d wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:35 am
My FLR FP 1st extension timeline
Applied - 16th of August 2021
Biometric- 16th of September

Still waiting…
Anyone have a similar timeline…

Thank you..
FLR FP 1st extension timeline
Applied - 20/10/2021
Biometric- 29/10/2021
May 2022- contacted MP ( no update)

June 2022 - Still waiting

Flyer2pk
Pakistan

Post by Flyer2pk » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:27 pm

FLR FP 3RD EXTENSION SINCE SEP-2021
BIO MATRIC DONE IN SEP-2021
SINCE THEN NO RESPONSE

HOPE HEAR FROM HM SOON
Last edited by Flyer2pk on Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.