ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dublin IRP renew timeline please

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shawerma
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Re: Dublin IRP renew timeline please

Post by Shawerma » Tue May 24, 2022 1:36 pm

Hey Guys,

I am wondering if someone can help me with my situation, My IRP is due to expire on 14th of August, I have travel plans on 19th of August, I am a bit concerned as it looks like I won't be able to get my IRP card in time. What options do I have ? can I apply a bit earlier than a month to make it in time ? can I still travel with an expired IRP [ possibly expired for a week or less ] also have supporting documents for my stay in Ireland and enter back normally ?

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Tue May 24, 2022 1:57 pm

Shawerma wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 1:36 pm
Hey Guys,

I am wondering if someone can help me with my situation, My IRP is due to expire on 14th of August, I have travel plans on 19th of August, I am a bit concerned as it looks like I won't be able to get my IRP card in time. What options do I have ? can I apply a bit earlier than a month to make it in time ? can I still travel with an expired IRP [ possibly expired for a week or less ] also have supporting documents for my stay in Ireland and enter back normally ?
No you can't travel with expired IRP. Here are your options

1-) Apple earliest as you can. I don't know how early you can apply but expect to get your cards in 12 weeks so you can plan accordingly
2-) Apply for re-entry visa by visiting Quay office and fill the form (don't know how soon you can do this)
3-) Postpone your travel date.

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Tue May 24, 2022 6:56 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 1:57 pm
Shawerma wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 1:36 pm
Hey Guys,

No you can't travel with expired IRP. Here are your options

1-) Apple earliest as you can. I don't know how early you can apply but expect to get your cards in 12 weeks so you can plan accordingly
2-) Apply for re-entry visa by visiting Quay office and fill the form (don't know how soon you can do this)
3-) Postpone your travel date.
You advise for the re-entry visa application, but they only issue visas for the period of IRP/stamps.
There were periods of extension by the Minister, but the very last one is only till 31 May 2022.
Do you think the re-entry visa department allowed to extend the permission by themself?
I think the only option is to apply for the IRP and ask somebody to re-send it by post.

Alijasim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Alijasim » Thu May 26, 2022 11:04 pm

Kbhattik wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 7:47 pm
Hi,

I applied for stamp4 renewal on 25/03/22. Got acknowledgment email same day.

Still waiting for approval email and IRP.
Hi any update?
Thanx

Kbhattik
Ireland

Post by Kbhattik » Fri May 27, 2022 2:00 am

No. Still waiting.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Fri May 27, 2022 1:16 pm

Check this one: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/stateme ... -may-2022/

They extended 30 day rule for renewal to 12 weeks: The requirement to wait until the final four weeks before renewing the permission has been amended. Customers may now apply to renew their permission up to 12 weeks in advance of the permission expiring.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:54 pm

I feel like starting today timeline will go off the charts as tons of people will apply for a new card/renewal.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Fri May 27, 2022 8:15 pm

This is crazy.
For many different reasons, people may have their IRP expiry for less than a year.
It can be dependent on the family driver's IRP, it can depend on WP dates, it can depend on "stamp 4" letter rules, and it can depend on the passport validity.
In some cases, it ever can be only for 1-3 months' validity.
Then it's totally unacceptable that the renewal of IRP will take 12 weeks while the existing one will expire anyway.

Shawerma
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Shawerma » Fri May 27, 2022 9:54 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 1:16 pm
Check this one: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/stateme ... -may-2022/

They extended 30 day rule for renewal to 12 weeks: The requirement to wait until the final four weeks before renewing the permission has been amended. Customers may now apply to renew their permission up to 12 weeks in advance of the permission expiring.
That's a very good point, but I think it's still risky for me to assume that I would get my new IRP card before mid August, right ?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat May 28, 2022 10:50 am

My application from March 10th was finally responded to. Looks like they try to clear all the backlog before 31st, working on weekends
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Shawerma
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Shawerma » Sat May 28, 2022 4:36 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 10:50 am
My application from March 10th was finally responded to. Looks like they try to clear all the backlog before 31st, working on weekends

When was your IRP due to expire ? .... that's really bad, that's almost 3 months time to respond

tdawg101
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by tdawg101 » Mon May 30, 2022 10:01 pm

yuki_vm wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:31 am
Kbhattik wrote:
Hi,

I called the immigration office today, the officer told me that they are working on the application in March time frame. I assume you should receive the card soon? Could you provide an update once you get the confirmation e-mail of the irp being processed? My application is on 22/04/2022, hoping to get an idea of when i will be able to receive it. thanks
What number did you call?

yuki_vm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yuki_vm » Tue May 31, 2022 8:46 am

tdawg101 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 10:01 pm
yuki_vm wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:31 am
Kbhattik wrote:
Hi,

I called the immigration office today, the officer told me that they are working on the application in March time frame. I assume you should receive the card soon? Could you provide an update once you get the confirmation e-mail of the irp being processed? My application is on 22/04/2022, hoping to get an idea of when i will be able to receive it. thanks
What number did you call?
Phone: (01) 616 7700
This is only for general inquiry. They won't be able to help you check the status of the IRP renewal.

Alijasim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Alijasim » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:48 am

Applied 22/03/22
Same day Acknowledgement
Still waiting

haburetabure
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by haburetabure » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:10 am

Just to give you sense of the timeline for my application, I've applied on 21/03/2022 and received the approval email 02/06/2022. It took me a little bit longer than 10 weeks.

raoniu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by raoniu » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:46 pm

I just got my approval this morning. applied 18/03, received 5/6.
Took a little over 11 weeks for me. Seems like they're even working on Sundays to clear their backlog

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:29 pm

If youse are getting response on sundays than they must have hired part timers to work from home so they can clear the backlog. I wonder if the naturalisation and passport office can do the same :x

Alijasim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Alijasim » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:43 pm

Applied 22-03-22
Stamp4 based on irish citizen child

Today I received application refused 😢😢
Immigration Service Delivery has refused your application for the reason set out below:-

The permission letter you have provided is not a renewable letter. You need to return to Unit 4 for further permission. I have processed a refund for this application. You will receive your funds back within 10 working days.
Any idea please? How do i contact th unit4?

Kbhattik
Ireland

Post by Kbhattik » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:28 pm

Hi.

They give 1 year permission on zambrano basis for first time.

then you have to re apply for further extention. So send all documents and any new changes in your circumstances jobs etc .

This time if satisfied, you will be given another extention letter for 1 year which will be renewable with gnib.

Adress to send your application is same as before. It should also be on your existing letter.

Alijasim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Alijasim » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:35 pm

Hi
Thanx for information
Do u know how long going to take
Thank you

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:54 pm

Alijasim wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:35 pm
Hi
Thanx for information
Do u know how long going to take
Thank you
This is what the department normally answer for such questions:
"We aim to deal with applications within six months of receipt of all required documentation"

yuki_vm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yuki_vm » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:03 pm

Just an update about my IRP renewal - applied on 22/04/2022 and received the acknowledgment e-mail on the same day. Received an email today - my application has been processed. It takes around 6 weeks.

Will update once I get the IRP card.

Alijasim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Alijasim » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:21 pm

Kbhattik wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:28 pm
Hi.

They give 1 year permission on zambrano basis for first time.

then you have to re apply for further extention. So send all documents and any new changes in your circumstances jobs etc .

This time if satisfied, you will be given another extention letter for 1 year which will be renewable with gnib.

Adress to send your application is same as before. It should also be on your existing letter.
Hi
Do I need Solicitor for it?
Or just to send all documents with new form rs3?
Can anyhelp me please because the Solicitors ask me for big amount of money 😢

Kbhattik
Ireland

Post by Kbhattik » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:32 pm

Hi
Do I need Solicitor for it?
Or just to send all documents with new form rs3?
Can anyhelp me please because the Solicitors ask me for big amount of money 😢
[/quote]

Hi.
Its simple and streight forward case as you already got approval from department.

Just send all same documents plus new changes in circumstances like job letter, payslips etc.

Also include a cover letter asking for extention.

I did it myself . It took 2 months but it was 4 years ago. These days it might take longer as everything is slow.

Regards

Kbhattik
Ireland

Post by Kbhattik » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:51 am

Alijasim wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:04 pm
Kbhattik wrote:
Hi,

Hi any update?
Thanx
Hi all.
Just to update you guys, I received my IRP processed and approval email today. It took 11 weeks. Now waoting for card.