ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for Schengen France visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gpm468

Timeline for Schengen France visa

Post by gpm468 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:57 am

I realise a rather specific question, anyone know how long is it currently taking French embassy to issue short stay visas? (from date of submission at the visa centre) I'm wondering if we need to reschedule our trip later.

Might be interesting to know about other countries embassies too and also where people can get appointments, I know it's horribly long waiting times to get an appointment in London for France, luckily we originally planned to travel in April so we could move our trip to June when I realised how long we had to wait.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Timeline for Schengen France visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:11 pm

Hello,

A relative applied 3 weeks ago. The visa was ready for collection within 8 to 10 days.

It was a straightforward application with many expired Schengen visas in the passport and visas for US and Canada.

Hope this helps

gpm468

Post by gpm468 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:09 pm

Thanks for reply. I should have posted my outcome, which was 6 month multiple entry visa given in just over a week from the TLS centre appointment date, that was end of May. Although it took a long time at visa centre. Crazy process.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:17 pm

Appointments are crazy these days.

A friend of mine is trying to get an appoint for a US visa, they told him next date is in January 2023!!!

For EU countries, the wait time is in months these days.