ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied For Settled Status But Had To Leave UK - Politely Requesting Advice :cry:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pamk1
Newly Registered

Applied For Settled Status But Had To Leave UK - Politely Requesting Advice :cry:

Post by pamk1 » Wed May 25, 2022 9:15 pm

Hi everyone, I have a problem I was wondering if someone could help me with?

I am a non-EU citizen with pre-settled status (Surinder Singh) and began my application for settled status back in February this year (I have 5 years continuous residence in the UK). Unfortunately, I have had to leave my husband and two children behind in the UK to go to my home country and take care of my elderly mother. She is very ill and there is no one else who can take care of her.

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from the Home Office saying I need to submit a new passport photo as the one I included was older than two years.

The email said I could upload a new photo and attach it to the email, which I did. A day or so later I checked my status online and it had changed to ‘Certificate of application’.

The problem I have is that I’ve now received a letter in the UK from the Home Office (my husband opened it for me) requesting me to provide biometric information (a photograph) and I have to do it within 30 days of the date of the letter at a UKVCAS application centre.

I am very worried now because I cannot afford to fly back to the UK just to do this as I would have to return to my mother straight after. It is just too much for us to afford at the moment and I am full-time caring for my mother. I am also worried I may lose my pre-settled status now :cry:

I had checked before I left the UK and understood that because I applied for Settled status with a valid biometric residence card, I would not have to do any further biometrics for settled status.

The letter then says if I do not enrol my biometric information my application may be rejected as invalid.

I am devastated about this and I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice of what to do?

I have already emailed the Home Office today and told them of my issue but I can’t sleep and feel sick with worry.

I would really appreciate any help or guidance.

Very kind regards, Pam :cry:

Nata2007
Newly Registered
Georgia

Re: Applied For Settled Status But Had To Leave UK - Politely Requesting Advice :cry:

Post by Nata2007 » Fri May 27, 2022 12:10 pm

You won't lose your pre-settled status - if you return within two years from the date of your departure.
To be honest, if you really want this status then you will have to find the money. A bank loan perhaps? Friends?
I really, really feel for you.
Speedy recovery to your mother!

tree12345
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Re: Applied For Settled Status But Had To Leave UK - Politely Requesting Advice :cry:

Post by tree12345 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:34 pm

If you have already completed your 5 years residence in UK and is already qualified for settled status. Theoretically, you can come back to UK before your PSS expires and make a settled-status application in UK before the expiration date of your PSS. But you need to be 100% sure that you've got enough evidence to prove your 5 years continuous residence, i.e. you have worked for more than 5 years and can simply pass the automated check or get a statement from your employer.
If I were you I would perhaps seek financial help from family or friends and complete the application on time.