ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emergency Indian Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier2013

Emergency Indian Passport

Post by tier2013 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:11 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this question.

I need an emergency indian passport to travel back to India to attend to my mother who is seriously unwell. She has no other relatives there.
My Indian passport expired couple of years ago during lockdown.

Does anyone know the procedure for applying for emergency passport or emergency travel document so I can travel to India and be with my mother?

Please advise, as I have tried calling HCI London but there is no response! :(

secret.simon

Re: Emergency Indian Passport

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 01, 2022 8:27 am

From a quick Google search, it appears that the Indian High Commission does issue an Emergency Certificate for Indian citizens to travel back to India, but (a) the type of proof required is the same as that for a full Indian passport and (b) an Emergency certificate is only valid for one journey to India and to return to the UK, you would need to apply for another Indian passport while in India.

Wait for others to advise on whether it is possible to get an Indian passport on an expedited basis. And of course try contacting the relevant Indian diplomatic body (Consulate General/High Commission) depending on where you are based.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kbthebear
India

Post by kbthebear » Mon May 02, 2022 9:51 am

note this is India, do not expect anything to be processed in a fast or timely manner. truelly no such thing as high priority or emergency. They do not even pick up the phone.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri May 27, 2022 8:49 pm

tier2013 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:11 pm
Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this question.

I need an emergency indian passport to travel back to India to attend to my mother who is seriously unwell. She has no other relatives there.
My Indian passport expired couple of years ago during lockdown.

Does anyone know the procedure for applying for emergency passport or emergency travel document so I can travel to India and be with my mother?

Please advise, as I have tried calling HCI London but there is no response! :(
I hope its been sorted for you by now, if it hasnt yes indian high commission could take up your application on priority basis and issue a passport under "tatkal" service (charges extra than regular application).

Emergency travel document is issued mostly under situations whereby a pssort has expired and the customer has severe medical conditions, or if someone lost their passport and needs urgent travel.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI