ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harvey010
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

Moving to UK

Post by harvey010 » Wed May 25, 2022 4:26 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice of what route me and my partner need to follow.
I'm a British citizen now living in Czech Republic since October 2020 with my partner who is a Czech Citizen I myself now have 10 years temporary residence over here. Things here recently are getting a bit dull and we would like to move back to the UK together, I've been looking at many methods however getting so confused with all these visa types and even if EU settlement is still possible looks like we just missed one of the deadlines for Surinder Singh method that were not aware off. We would both like to move back to the UK hopefully by the end of this year. We are looking to go down any route possible we are not married / engaged at this time and have been living together since October 2020 when we moved to Czech Republic she was with me in the UK before this date for around 2 months and then we moved over here. Any advice at all would be appreciated so caught up in what methods we can take as at the moment it's not looking promising with work sponsoring her, also I have been working here in Czechia as well since my moving date.

Is EU Settlement Scheme still possible or EU Settlement Family Scheme (Surinder Singh)

harvey010
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

Re: Moving to UK

Post by harvey010 » Wed May 25, 2022 4:32 pm

Missed some details, we would like to move there and she would also like to work and eventually apply for settle status.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu May 26, 2022 8:46 pm

harvey010 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:26 pm
Is EU Settlement Scheme still possible or EU Settlement Family Scheme (Surinder Singh)
I'm afraid it doesn't look like Surinder Singh is a suitable route for your case. While there are provisions for late applications, these are subject to valid reasons, and not being aware of the route isn't really one of them (see this article for some discussion on the matter).

Not all is lost, there is a route for you: the traditional family member route for family members of UK citizens and settled persons (where EU immigrants are in the same bag as everyone else), although it is much more restrictive and expensive than the EU Settlement Scheme. Post your questions regarding that route in the relevant section here: immigration-for-family-members/
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu May 26, 2022 8:54 pm

Forgot to give you the actual link of the route: https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

harvey010
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by harvey010 » Sat May 28, 2022 10:43 am

Thanks for the response, appreciate the help. 19th March 2022 we did both test positive for covid and have proof of this. Is this a valid reason at all for late application? Otherwise we will have to start looking into the family permit thank you again! :)

harvey010
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by harvey010 » Sat May 28, 2022 11:11 am

Also if we attempted to apply down the surinder singh route with covid being a reason, would if being rejected affect future applications for family permit.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat May 28, 2022 1:40 pm

harvey010 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 10:43 am
Thanks for the response, appreciate the help. 19th March 2022 we did both test positive for covid and have proof of this. Is this a valid reason at all for late application? Otherwise we will have to start looking into the family permit thank you again! :)
I am unfamiliar as to how accommodating the Home Office is edge cases like these. What I do know is that EU Settlement Scheme applications have been experiencing considerable delays (applications taking several months). If time is an issue, it would not be unwise to start looking at the spouse/parter visa straight away. (BTW a "family permit" usually describes the permit under EEA/EU rules, I suppose you mean spouse/partner visa under UK rules.)

Rejection from any UK immigration application has an impact on future tourist visas, but not on other immigration applications, so a rejection from the EU Settlement Scheme has no impact on an application for a spouse visa under UK rules.