ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS SETTLLED STATUS AND WIFE VISA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

EUSS SETTLLED STATUS AND WIFE VISA

Post by jafferdeen » Fri May 27, 2022 3:49 pm

HI

My brother is French national. He is holding EUSS Status .He got married on 20.05.2022 and wants to bring his wife in the UK

What will be the requirements ?
J Khan

kamoe

Re: EUSS SETTLLED STATUS AND WIFE VISA

Post by kamoe » Sat May 28, 2022 9:40 am

jafferdeen wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:49 pm
My brother is French national. He is holding EUSS Status .He got married on 20.05.2022 and wants to bring his wife in the UK
His wife is not eligible as spouse under the EU Settlement Scheme, since the marriage took place after 31st December 2020, which was the deadline for the family relationship to be formed.

She could be eligible on the basis of durable partnership, if they were on a durable relationship for at least two years by 31st December 2020. Is that the case?

If not, then their route is outside the EU Settlement Scheme, through the traditional family member of UK or Settled Person route (more restrictive and expensive than the EU Settlement Scheme).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Post by jafferdeen » Sun May 29, 2022 9:26 am

No durable relationship of two years before marriage. SO it means he will need to meet all requirements of a partner of a British national .Need to show financial requirement of £18,600 and other requirements
J Khan

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun May 29, 2022 10:58 am

jafferdeen wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 9:26 am
No durable relationship of two years before marriage. SO it means he will need to meet all requirements of a partner of a British national .Need to show financial requirement of £18,600 and other requirements
Correct.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.