ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Miscellaneous services to update BOTH new passport details and addition of middle name

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

elmsfirs
Newly Registered

OCI Miscellaneous services to update BOTH new passport details and addition of middle name

Post by elmsfirs » Sat May 28, 2022 7:34 am

This mail is regarding my 8 year old daughter. I would be grateful for your advice how best to update the new British passport details and addition of the middle name at the same time (previously she did not have a middle name, but this was added when we got her new British passport). The online OCI services website (https://ociservices.gov.in) lets me do only one thing at a time (either GRATIS Services for Passport particulars updation or paid service for change of name). We plan to visit India in August and hence do not have sufficient time to complete this as a 2 step process (I guess it would take around 6+6= 12 weeks if done as 2 step process). Some guidance to about how to do an application to cover both these aspects at the same time would be appreciated
a) updation of new British passport details (Gratis service)
and
b) addition of middle name (paid service)

Happy to provide more information as required.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: OCI Miscellaneous services to update BOTH new passport details and addition of middle name

Post by dontringthebell » Sat May 28, 2022 2:14 pm

elmsfirs wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 7:34 am
This mail is regarding my 8 year old daughter. I would be grateful for your advice how best to update the new British passport details and addition of the middle name at the same time (previously she did not have a middle name, but this was added when we got her new British passport). The online OCI services website (https://ociservices.gov.in) lets me do only one thing at a time (either GRATIS Services for Passport particulars updation or paid service for change of name). We plan to visit India in August and hence do not have sufficient time to complete this as a 2 step process (I guess it would take around 6+6= 12 weeks if done as 2 step process). Some guidance to about how to do an application to cover both these aspects at the same time would be appreciated
a) updation of new British passport details (Gratis service)
and
b) addition of middle name (paid service)

Happy to provide more information as required.
You should simply go ahead with Change of Name application and also update new British Passport details simultaneously.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

elmsfirs
Newly Registered

Re: OCI Miscellaneous services to update BOTH new passport details and addition of middle name

Post by elmsfirs » Sat May 28, 2022 4:16 pm

Thanks. Is the deed poll sufficient for proof of change in name or do I have to provide "Affidavit" for change of Name?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Sun May 29, 2022 7:36 pm

elmsfirs wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:16 pm
by elmsfirs » Sat May 28, 2022 4:16 pm

Thanks. Is the deed poll sufficient for proof of change in
Deed poll is sufficient
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI