ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From temporary protection in Ireland to a normal visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

some_name_hi
Newly Registered
Ireland

From temporary protection in Ireland to a normal visa

Post by some_name_hi » Sun May 29, 2022 4:05 pm

Hi.

I am a Ukrainian who come to Ireland with the help of the temporary protection in Ireland. Now I would like to stay in Ireland forever.

One of the options I think is to make a transition from the protection to a normal visa. When I moved to Ireland I found a job and asked my employer for help to transition to another visa. But the employer told me that it is impossible to change the protection to any other visa.

Does anyone of you know what are Irish government plans? Will they deport me from Ireland once the war in Ukraine is over or will they allow me to move to another status and stay in Ireland?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: From temporary protection in Ireland to a normal visa

Post by Vorona » Sun May 29, 2022 5:46 pm

Temporary protection system has not been implemented for permanent immigration, it is a temporary solution and your status will eventually end, and you will be told to leave. You might want to look for an employer who will sponsor you, although that's rather unlikely.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Sun May 29, 2022 6:13 pm

some_name_hi wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 4:05 pm
Hi.

I am a Ukrainian who come to Ireland with the help of the temporary protection in Ireland. Now I would like to stay in Ireland forever.

One of the options I think is to make a transition from the protection to a normal visa. When I moved to Ireland I found a job and asked my employer for help to transition to another visa. But the employer told me that it is impossible to change the protection to any other visa.

Does anyone of you know what are Irish government plans? Will they deport me from Ireland once the war in Ukraine is over or will they allow me to move to another status and stay in Ireland?
The option I see, which might be helpful here is to find out the job(employer) which normally provides the work permit as for any other Non EU persons which I see general option, like for me and others, officially work and live in Ireland. What I know there, no plans for Ukrainian to support since Temporary protection ends immediately when war will be finished, however it does not mean you cannot apply for a job and look around to get critical skills employment permit or general work permit (they are different and provide different levels of immigration permissions, called stamp in Ireland). Once the employer is found, you (or employer) should apply on work permit, now it may take 3-5 months to provide and then register at Garda Station (or INIS) for stamp 1 (this is the one usually is provided)

some_name_hi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by some_name_hi » Sun May 29, 2022 6:26 pm

Employer tells me that they can not transition me from a temporary protection to a work permit, because it is not allowed by law. Is it true?

some_name_hi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by some_name_hi » Sun May 29, 2022 6:26 pm

Employer tells me that they can not transition me from a temporary protection to a work permit, because it is not allowed by law. Is it true?

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Sun May 29, 2022 8:20 pm

some_name_hi wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 6:26 pm
For example critical employment permit costs 1500, what does employer make sense to buy it for you if you already have permission to work? I guess to find another one could be an option or talk to current one about opportunity to have it as soon as possible and and consequenses in case of temporary protection ends

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Sun May 29, 2022 11:38 pm

some_name_hi wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 6:26 pm
The official patch to change the permission is not published or announced, that's true, it does not exist.
The ISD stamps/cards registration for the "temporary protection" is not implemented yet, that's also true.
But nobody restricts you to obtain any type of work permission from the ground like everybody else.
I think in your exceptional case you will not be requested to leave the country to apply for the usual WP,
so just find the employer who can sponsor your permit and be ready to wait for it another 5-6 months.