ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issue With Online Share Code Service

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

siroc
Australia

Issue With Online Share Code Service

Post by siroc » Tue May 10, 2022 8:30 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone had an issue with generating a share code using the online 'View and prove your immigration status' service to evidence your Settled or Pre-Settled status?

My partner received Settled Status a few years ago but it seems the Home Office never properly updated her profile and as a result an error pops up whenever she tries to generate her profile (and the subsequent share code).

We're trying to move house at this time so are required to provide this as part of a mortgage application. I thought this would be a simple fix but it's been almost three weeks, and after 14 calls to the EU Service Resolution Centre and the UK Visas and Immigration service I'm no further in having this resolved, nor have I been able to obtain a concrete reason for the issue or a likely turnaround.

I've tried to see if our mortgage provider will accept an alternative method of verifying her settled status but that's a bit of a bureaucratic process itself.

I've written to our local MP who has in turn escalated it. I've also submitted an official complaint with the Home Office, but honestly there seems little accountability there.

I honestly don't know what to do at this point and I'm really worried about this creating an issue with us being able to proceed with the move (not to mention all the committed costs).

kamoe

Re: Issue With Online Share Code Service

Post by kamoe » Tue May 10, 2022 9:32 pm

My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

siroc
Australia

Post by siroc » Wed May 11, 2022 3:31 pm

Hi there, thanks for that. We hadn't, however unfortunately it isn't a standard error like the ones that list attempts to troubleshoot.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed May 11, 2022 5:10 pm

siroc wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:31 pm
Hi there, thanks for that. We hadn't, however unfortunately it isn't a standard error like the ones that list attempts to troubleshoot.
What's the error?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

siroc
Australia

Post by siroc » Wed May 11, 2022 5:14 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 5:10 pm
siroc wrote:
What's the error?
"We cannot find your current status in this service"

Bizarrely it works to generate a code and profile using her pre-settled status application number, but this isn't of any use given it expires in a short period of time (and obviously says pre-settled, not settled).

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed May 11, 2022 5:17 pm

siroc wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 5:14 pm
kamoe wrote:
siroc wrote:
What's the error?

Bizarrely it works to generate a code and profile using her pre-settled status application number, but this isn't of any use given it expires in a short period of time (and obviously says pre-settled, not settled).
Report this immediately to the3million here:
https://www.the3million.org.uk/report-it

siroc
Australia

Post by siroc » Wed May 11, 2022 6:28 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 5:17 pm
siroc wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 5:14 pm
kamoe wrote:
siroc wrote:
What's the error?

Report this immediately to the3million here:
https://www.the3million.org.uk/report-it
Submitted now, thanks

Mary1986
Mood:

Post by Mary1986 » Tue May 31, 2022 10:43 pm

Hi Siroc,

I’m have a similar issue, I’m awaiting my documents over 7 months, expected time was May according to my employer. I’ve reserved a property and submitted my mortgage application.
I wrote to my MP to chase this a week ago.

Is your issue resolved? Did the Bank gave another option?

Thanks

siroc
Australia

Post by siroc » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:07 am

Mary1986 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 10:43 pm
Hi Siroc,

I’m have a similar issue, I’m awaiting my documents over 7 months, expected time was May according to my employer. I’ve reserved a property and submitted my mortgage application.
I wrote to my MP to chase this a week ago.

Is your issue resolved? Did the Bank gave another option?

Thanks
Hi there,

We managed to resolve ours in the end, although it took just under a month and I suspect it would have been longer if not for the daily calls as well as chasing via our local MP.

We did suggest to our mortgage provider an alternative of calling the Home Office while sat with us in a branch in order to get comfort around her status (as the HO could verify it over the phone). However they had to raise an internal service request for this given it wasn't standard protocol and I never did find out if they'd permit it given the Home Office managed to rectify the code issue in the end.

I hope you manage to sort it soon.