ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application for spouse & Children’s togather

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kysaeedi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Naturalization Application for spouse & Children’s togather

Post by kysaeedi » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:16 pm

Dear All

i was searching allot for a Naturalization application if anyone has applied together with their children's, then kindly update me as we have completed 5 years and i have applied for naturalization but i was advise for children’s, i have to wait until i will get mine approval as one of the parents must be Irish to apply for children’s. please if any one has applied naturalization (Citizenship) with their children’s (Mother+ Children’s or Father + children together) then please share some update or advise how it went and if it is possible to apply together.
Thanks

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Naturalization Application for spouse & Children’s togather

Post by mentalmind » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:20 pm

Your post already have the answer:
but i was advise for children’s, i have to wait until i will get mine approval as one of the parents must be Irish to apply for children’s
If you or your wife (children's mom) is not Irish by naturalisation yet, then your child can't be Irish

So as you were advised, just wait till you or your wife get your citizenship then apply for your child. At the moment you are not Irish (you just applied for it) and this doesn't give any entitlement for your child right now

kysaeedi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kysaeedi » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:25 pm

Thanks for your reply but under the law of Ireland any one legally spend 5 years in country is eligible to apply for naturalization which support the case therefore I'm searching for option as i have some other forum where mother applied together with children's and mother reply came and children still in process but that was only one forum where only one reply i found

HannahNkunga12
Ireland

Post by HannahNkunga12 » Mon May 30, 2022 9:03 am

If your children were born in the state but did not qualify for citizenship then you are able to apply for them using form 11. If they were born out if the state then you wait till you get your own citizenship.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon May 30, 2022 9:31 am

kysaeedi wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:16 pm
Dear All

i was searching allot for a Naturalization application if anyone has applied together with their children's, then kindly update me as we have completed 5 years and i have applied for naturalization but i was advise for children’s, i have to wait until i will get mine approval as one of the parents must be Irish to apply for children’s. please if any one has applied naturalization (Citizenship) with their children’s (Mother+ Children’s or Father + children together) then please share some update or advise how it went and if it is possible to apply together.
Thanks
I and my children applied at the same time because we both qualified at the same time having spent 5 years on stamp 4. However, my children were born in Ireland but not automatic Irish citizen at the time of birth, hence their applications were made after 5 years at the same time i applied. We all recently got out approval and just received my Irish passport, my children are awaiting their Irish passport by post. I hope this helps.

HannahNkunga12
Ireland

Post by HannahNkunga12 » Mon May 30, 2022 9:52 am

Johnpromise1
When did you apply for your citizenship? Am still waiting for the children's approval. 2 years 8 months of waiting. So frustrating

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Mon May 30, 2022 10:43 am

kysaeedi wrote:
Dear All

Thanks
Hello, I have asked same question at another thread weeks ago, and answer is no, unfortunately, since we are living over 5 years in Ireland, and as parents applied on the citizenship (with no any feedback yet, over 7 months), we could not apply for our child, until someone from us gets certificate of naturalisation.
this is the link: ireland/children-naturalization-applica ... 0.html#top, scroll down a little, there is my question and answers on it

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Mon May 30, 2022 10:54 am

kysaeedi wrote:
Dear All

Thanks
It is some kind of unfair, I would agree, since most of the children are living with parents and they deserve to have an option to apply as well, I don't know the story why it is not allowed, probably restrict EU parents to apply on behalf of their children for Irish citizenship even if they dont live in Ireland, that could be common since in EU there is no border controls and it was hard to prove if child lives in Ireland or not, however from Jan 2022, new score system was introduced, and I think it should be reviewed (well, that my preference, but not of the Department of Justice) and allow children to be able to apply (by their parents) because of every applicant (even child) should provide real proof of residence in during last 5 years: scores

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon May 30, 2022 11:11 am

HannahNkunga12 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 9:52 am
Johnpromise1
When did you apply for your citizenship? Am still waiting for the children's approval. 2 years 8 months of waiting. So frustrating
I and my children applied in Feb 2020. My solicitor sent them JR Warning Letter when our application was almost 2 years like 1 years and 7 months without decision, my solicitor told them if they don't make decision at 2 years we will have no option than to go to court. They wrote back and said "don't go to court we will issue you decision in 12 weeks". We got approval even before 12 weeks.

HannahNkunga12
Ireland

Post by HannahNkunga12 » Mon May 30, 2022 11:56 am

That was great for you. I probably have to go to a solicitor myself. But the costs... eish

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:57 pm

Minister is answering on the topic starter question here https://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/P ... -2022-585

johndonut
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by johndonut » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:27 pm

My situation is as follows. I am a naturalised Irish citizen with a dependent child who was born outside the state. I have applied for my child to naturalize, but I have a caregiving responsibility for a parent that will require at least a year outside the country. My child has been enrolled in school continuously, this year included, and I will retain a residence and small business in Ireland. Will this impact my child's naturalization application or is a lengthy absence like this as a dependent understandable and able to be accommodated?

kysaeedi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kysaeedi » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:39 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 9:31 am
kysaeedi wrote:
Dear All

Thanks
I and my children applied at the same time because we both qualified at the same time having spent 5 years on stamp 4. However, my children were born in Ireland but not automatic Irish citizen at the time of birth, hence their applications were made after 5 years at the same time i applied. We all recently got out approval and just received my Irish passport, my children are awaiting their Irish passport by post. I hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply it helps a lot as until now waiting time is 2 years and after this applying for kids is to much please advice what you write for kids application the parent citizenship number have you left this blank

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:03 pm

kysaeedi wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:39 pm
johnpromise01 wrote:
kysaeedi wrote:
Dear All

Thanks
Thanks for your reply it helps a lot as until now waiting time is 2 years and after this applying for kids is to much please advice what you write for kids application the parent citizenship number have you left this blank
For children born in Ireland and not qualified for Irish citizenship by birth - 5 years need to use form 11(no special requirements with scorecard system) :
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... ion-forms/
For children born outside of Ireland - 5 years at least + naturalisation certificate from one of the naturised parents and form 9 (from same link as above), calculated with scores as for any since 1st Jan 22

james2005
Mood:
Croatia

Post by james2005 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:41 am

jesonnn wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:03 pm
kysaeedi wrote:
johnpromise01 wrote:
kysaeedi wrote:
Dear All

Thanks
For children born in Ireland and not qualified for Irish citizenship by birth - 5 years need to use form 11(no special requirements with scorecard system) :
For children born outside of Ireland - 5 years at least + naturalisation certificate from one of the naturised parents and form 9 (from same link as above), calculated with scores as for any since 1st Jan 22
Think they've reduced it to 3 years isn't?

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:58 pm

james2005 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:41 am
jesonnn wrote:
kysaeedi wrote:
johnpromise01 wrote:
kysaeedi wrote:
Dear All

Thanks
Well, after 2005, if child was born for non-Irish parent and they legally living in the State of 3 or more years, that child is eligible to apply on Irish citizenship:

Code: Select all

Parent from outside Ireland and UK
If you were born in Ireland on or after 1 January 2005 and neither of your parents were Irish or UK citizens, your entitlement to Irish citizenship by birth depends on your parents’ residence status and history.

One of your parents must have:

Lived in Ireland or Northern Ireland for 3 out of the 4 years before you were born or
Have the right to live in Ireland or Northern Ireland without any restriction on their period of residence
from https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... alisation.

baqa
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by baqa » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:00 am

james2005 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:41 am
jesonnn wrote:
kysaeedi wrote:
johnpromise01 wrote:
kysaeedi wrote:
Dear All

Thanks
They've talked about reducing the requirement for children born in Ireland from 5 years to 3 years, but the bill which would make this change has not yet been passed (or - as far as I know unless it has happened in the last month or so - even been written/introduced).