ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting India - Tourist visa vs Entry visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vohram
Newly Registered

Visiting India - Tourist visa vs Entry visa

Post by Vohram » Tue May 24, 2022 9:24 pm

Hi
I am a British Citizen and have an OCI. I am looking to apply for my minor son's visa to india. I am confused between a tourist visa and entry visa. What is the difference?
The purpose of my visit is to visit family and friends.
Appreciate your help.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Visiting India - Tourist visa vs Entry visa

Post by dontringthebell » Fri May 27, 2022 8:15 pm

Vohram wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:24 pm
Hi
I am a British Citizen and have an OCI. I am looking to apply for my minor son's visa to india. I am confused between a tourist visa and entry visa. What is the difference? Tourist visa is for staying with family and relatives. Entry visa requires an invitation as stated. I travelled & stayed with family & got tourist visa.
The purpose of my visit is to visit family and friends.
Appreciate your help.

Both the categories are explained very well on the vfs website. Please choose the category to know more.
https://services.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/ind/apply-visa
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

mat_oxy
Newly Registered

Post by mat_oxy » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:50 pm

I had the same query - got answer finally.
Apply entry visa if you are Indian origin and can stay for 180days
As you are from Indian origin ,you need to apply Entry visa for your child .
I had submitted tourist visa application for my child and had booked appointment , then realised it should be entry visa application , called HCI and they advised to submit new entry visa application on same appointment .Did that today

Documents they took at VFS- Edinburgh

Child’s passport original

Application form -I signed below the pic on application and on second page- you need one more photo and they will attach it on second page

Child birth certificate copy - attested by both parents

Both parents British passport copy-self attested

Both parents Oci (front and back page)- self attested( if no oci they need surrender certificate of both parents - self attested)

Marriage certificate copy - both parents need to sign

Address proof - council tax letter - both parents sign

Declaration form - both parents need to sign
Minor consent form - I made the letter myself and both parents signed - you can find the form at VFS , you can fill there

Visa duration - 1 year
Fees 148£

Hope this is helpful for any body confused with entry visa

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:54 pm

You may apply for entry or tourist visa, both are applicable to people of Indian Origin. I have travelled twice on Tourist visa (e-Visa) after naturalization as a British Citizen with my family and no question was raised.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI