ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa for my baby(Urgent Please)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

narsi_swathi
Newly Registered

visa for my baby(Urgent Please)

Post by narsi_swathi » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:58 pm

we r here in uk on work permit,my husband works here & i'm on dependent visa.4 months back my baby girl was born here in uk manchester.we r planning to go for vacation to india for a month & come back.want to know abt visa details what i have to do .can some one help me.should i take a visa for her to go to india with connecting flights .should i take visa for her to come back to uk.Please tell me what i can do.

berkshire1987

Post by berkshire1987 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:11 pm

Hi there,

Are you an Indian National?

If so the following is quoted from the High Commission of India. Assuming your infant has not got a passport.
Children's name cannot be entered on their parents’ passport. For a child to be given an Indian passport the birth must have been registered with the Consular Section of the High Commission within one year of birth. For procedure regarding registration of children/birth, please refer to the Consular Services section of this website. To apply for issue of a new passport to a child, you must fill up the application form for a new passport along with four latest identical passport-size photographs. You also need to enclose passports of both parents and the child's birth certificate (full version), along with a photocopy. The fee for this service is £17.00. Both the parents are required to sign on the passport application form of the child.

Not a citizen of India.

Please refer to your relevant embassy to seek passport information. Again on the assumption that your infant has not got a passport. As for travel to India, foreign nationals require a visa to enter India regardless of age. However, when the child is under 16 the parent is required to sign the application form.

Returning to the UK.

You will need to apply for a dependant visa for your infant after you have aquired his/her passport. This will allow him/her to enter the UK on your return from India. In most cases it is not a requirement that you apply straight away. However, in this case leave to enter (visa) is needed as admission for him/her will be sought on your return.

Regards

ishuyell
Newly Registered

Post by ishuyell » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi,

You first need to make an Indian Passport .It usually takes a couple of days.Then you must complete Form FLR (O). In my experience, you must make an appointment to a Public Enquiry Office {PEO} and get the visa at the same day. It will cost £ 595/-.but is worth to apply in person .

If you apply by post, it costs £395 but it will take awfully long time.
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... s/flr/flro

I was in the same situation,and i applied by post 7 weeks ago. Now i have to go next week, so i had to withdraw my application and even after that i had to wait more than a week to get the documents back.

I am going to apply in India now but it might not be that easy to get a visa there.

All the best!

pankajmittal2004

Post by pankajmittal2004 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:31 pm

Hi

In any case you have to apply for Indian passport first. Then you have got 2 options. Either to apply for visa as mentioned by other person below or just fly to India without having visa on baby's passport. Immediately in India apply at any VFS centre apply for your baby's visa and should be with you in a week as it's very good service. For our baby we took second option. Good luck
PM2009

ishuyell
Newly Registered

Post by ishuyell » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:54 pm

Hi Pankaj,

Can you please let me know more about how to apply for visa in VFS ? I am going to apply in mumbai.It will be big help if you can provide us with any info you can.

Many thanks.

virgo75_in
Newly Registered

Child Passport for new born baby

Post by virgo75_in » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi,
My baby is 2 weeks old. The link http://www.hcilondon.net/consular-services/index.html is not working. I got the child registered in the local council but the website states that i need to register in the consular section of the high commission for Indian passport.

Also, does the child needs to affix its thumb impression on the application form?

Any help on the above queries will be highly appreciated.

Regards
virgo75

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:26 pm

I got the child registered in the local council but the website states that i need to register in the consular section of the high commission for Indian passport.
download the registrarion and passport forms from the website and prepare a postal order worth 32 GBP( 17 +15) and send it to High commision of India by post. It takes maximum 7 -8 working days for them to process.
Also, does the child needs to affix its thumb impression on the application form?
yes

[/quote]
:-)

arnie365

Post by arnie365 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 pm

download the registrarion and passport forms from the website and prepare a postal order worth 32 GBP( 17 +15) and send it to High commision of India by post. It takes maximum 7 -8 working days for them to process.
I have never been to the high commission in london.
http://hcilondon.in/passport.php states that "For a child to be given an Indian passport, the birth must be registered with the Consular Section of the High Commission". If I visit in person can both (birth registration + submit application for newborn passport) be done on the same day using the same token?

harshil223

Post by harshil223 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:05 pm

arnie365 wrote:
I have never been to the high commission in london.
http://hcilondon.in/passport.php states that "For a child to be given an Indian passport, the birth must be registered with the Consular Section of the High Commission". If I visit in person can both (birth registration + submit application for newborn passport) be done on the same day using the same token?
no, for consular section, it is separate token. get two tokens one for consular service and another for passport service.