ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help 12 years in uk

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dean0002
Newly Registered

Need help 12 years in uk

Post by dean0002 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:06 am

Hi,
I stumbled by accident on this brilliant forum and i would appreciate some help please
I came 12 years ago to the uk as a student and got a visa for 5 years, but i overstayed for another 7 years illegaly hoping for a better life i was about to leave due to the pressure am under at the moment before a friend of mine told me i may get ilr after 14years on human rights grounds, my question is what can i do now to improve my chances, would you give me advice on wha documents i must have or otherwise, and can i submit my application early, i mean after 13 years for example. another thing, i heard from hear say that someone submited his application early (13 years i think) just in case he get caught and he has some kind of a letter from the home office stating that they are dealing with his case is there any grounds to that. please help me out, just to let you know that i have never applied for asylum and idon't have a lawyer, something else why should i do in case i get caught. please help

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:34 am

See also Chapter 18 - Long residence. Do you have grounds for Asylum?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Need help 12 years in uk

Post by sakura » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:21 am

dean0002 wrote:Hi,
I stumbled by accident on this brilliant forum and i would appreciate some help please
I came 12 years ago to the uk as a student and got a visa for 5 years, but i overstayed for another 7 years illegaly hoping for a better life i was about to leave due to the pressure am under at the moment before a friend of mine told me i may get ilr after 14years on human rights grounds, my question is what can i do now to improve my chances, would you give me advice on wha documents i must have or otherwise, and can i submit my application early, i mean after 13 years for example. another thing, i heard from hear say that someone submited his application early (13 years i think) just in case he get caught and he has some kind of a letter from the home office stating that they are dealing with his case is there any grounds to that. please help me out, just to let you know that i have never applied for asylum and idon't have a lawyer, something else why should i do in case i get caught. please help
Just because an application is under consideration doesn't mean it will be successful. It simply means that the HO have it on their waiting list. 14 Year long residency applications can take a very long time - 2 to 3 years is not uncommon. If you apply early, you run the risk of waiting 2-3 years just for a refusal, because you haven't clocked up 14 years.

As for your chances - are you in a relationship with the British or EU/EEA national, or have children? Are you in employment? Highly Skilled?

dean0002
Newly Registered

Re: Need help 12 years in uk

Post by dean0002 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:06 pm

sakura wrote:
dean0002 wrote:Hi,
Just because an application is under consideration doesn't mean it will be successful. It simply means that the HO have it on their waiting list. 14 Year long residency applications can take a very long time - 2 to 3 years is not uncommon. If you apply early, you run the risk of waiting 2-3 years just for a refusal, because you haven't clocked up 14 years.

As for your chances - are you in a relationship with the British or EU/EEA national, or have children? Are you in employment? Highly Skilled?
thanks for replying, I have a job at the moment, am not in a relationship and i have a bsc in aeronautics

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:06 am

Does your employer know you are an illegal?

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:12 pm

Have you made any further applications to the Home Office since your student visa expired?
Oh, the drama...!

berkshire1987

Post by berkshire1987 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:26 pm

Are you currently working in line with your qualifications?