ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eburnie27
Cote D-Ivoire

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Eburnie27 » Sun May 29, 2022 1:46 am

Greetings to everyone

I have come across this platform while looking for answers on EUSS ZAMBRANO
I first made an application online in July 2021 which I got my fingerprints taken in August 21, just for me to be told that I needed to send a paper application as I was applying under Zambrano in November
I sent the latter in January 22 and I received my COA both post and digital in March.
My FLR under 10 year route (I am on my first set) ends soon on 04/06/22. My question is: while the EUSS application is being considered, can I renew my FLR residence or shall just wait for SSHD take a decision?
I don't want to stay in limbo again as I have previously waited 6 years for HO to decide on ILR (back in 2008, which they refused on numerous occasions and just converted that on derivative right to reside) and rather have a leg to stand on well in advance

Thanks so much for your help

snooky

Post by snooky » Sun May 29, 2022 2:09 pm

Eburnie27 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 1:46 am
Greetings to everyone

I first made an application online in July 2021 which I got my fingerprints taken in August 21, just for me to be told that I needed to send a paper application as I was applying under Zambrano in November
I sent the latter in January 22 and I received my COA both post and digital in March.
My FLR under 10 year route (I am on my first set) ends soon on 04/06/22. My question is: while the EUSS application is being considered, can I renew my FLR residence or shall just wait for SSHD take a decision?
I don't want to stay in limbo again as I have previously waited 6 years for HO to decide on ILR (back in 2008, which they refused on numerous occasions and just converted that on derivative right to reside) and rather have a leg to stand on well in advance

Remember all that since the consent order was issued by judge Mostyn and the akinsanya Court of appeal ruling, these two application don't vary each other.

So holding Zambrano under defunct reg 16 or new Zambrano EUSS and Leave under Appendix FM 2.5 because of your child as British is taken as the same leave.

What I want to say is that please go and reapply for your leave under Appendix FM.

Whyworry
Nigeria

Post by Whyworry » Sun May 29, 2022 3:49 pm

Eburnie27 wrote:
Greetings to everyone

I would strongly advise you to renew your 2.5yeard leave to remain. What of you need to travel abroad for anything or need to apply for new job as we don’t know when all this drama or champions league from UKVi is going to end it might leads to penalty as they get on using VAR check .

My little understanding is that most applicants that could have qualified for this scheme ( National cake) would have extended there leave before they eventually do the needful.

UKVi ( Ref to James Bond movies) doesn’t grant leave easily particularly when you defeated them in the Court they would makes you hyper before they concur as I am talking from my previous experience with them 2015.

Hope this helps

Shara111

Post by Shara111 » Sun May 29, 2022 10:35 pm

You must apply your flrp extension.

Eburnie27
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Eburnie27 » Mon May 30, 2022 9:58 am

@WhyWorry, @Snooky, @Shara111

Thanks for your reply

Down below is what I have received from the EUSS resolution centre

"Regarding applying under another route at the same time.  We can advise that in most cases, any outstanding immigration application will not be considered if you apply for the EU Settlement Scheme."

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Mon May 30, 2022 10:04 am

Eburnie27 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 9:58 am
@WhyWorry, @Snooky, @Shara111

Thanks for your reply

Down below is what I have received from the EUSS resolution centre

"Regarding applying under another route at the same time.  We can advise that in most cases, any outstanding immigration application will not be considered if you apply for the EU Settlement Scheme."

Really... when? This one has now become a game

KRES
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by KRES » Mon May 30, 2022 11:33 am

Lagosbos wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:18 am
That was the response i received following my email to their Director. For the highlighted reason no one understands what angle they will be taking in the forthcoming changes in Appendix EU. They are also refusing few people where the other parent (carer) has a settled status in light of the Velaj case which is due to be heard at the appeal court sometime in June, but that is arguable in court as its not in accordance with Paragraph 16 (8&9) of the EEA reg nor appendix EU. We are waiting to see what happens on the 25th April.

For those who might have been refused based on the afore mentioned reason you need include the following in your argument. The words “both primary carers” have been added to reg 16 (5) to reflect the effect of reg 16 (9) and the words in italics in (8) (b)(ii) were deleted by operation of the Immigration (EEA) (amendment) Regulations 2018 SI2018/801. Prior to that amendment, the appellant would not have been entitled to a derivative right of residence as his wife is an exempt person.
13. The explanatory memorandum to SI 2018/801 provides:
Paragraph 10 of the Schedule to these Regulations amends the 2016 Regulations so as to give effect to the judgment of the CJEU in the case of C—133/15 Chavez-Vilchez and others. It does so by amending regulation 16(8)(b) of the 2016 Regulations to allow a person to be recognised as a "primary carer" if they are the sole carer or if they share equally the care with another person, regardless of whether that person is an "exempt person" within the meaning of regulation 16(7)(c).

Hello Lagosbos,

Hope you are well. I am in the process of applying for Zambrano EU Settlement Scheme. I had FLR fp but has expired in 2020. I've submitted PSS application but was denied. I am married to British guy and we have a British child. He works full time and I am a full time mom.

I have done some research about the potential issue of my application as a Zambrano carer as I am sharing responsibility with my husband.

Do you think Regulations 16(5) would help strengthen my application? Can you help me understand this regulation? My apology but my comprehension on laws and regulations is really limited.

Thank you in advance.

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Mon May 30, 2022 1:34 pm

Whyworry wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 3:49 pm
Eburnie27 wrote:
Greetings to everyone

I would strongly advise you to renew your 2.5yeard leave to remain. What of you need to travel abroad for anything or need to apply for new job as we don’t know when all this drama or champions league from UKVi is going to end it might leads to penalty as they get on using VAR check .

My little understanding is that most applicants that could have qualified for this scheme ( National cake) would have extended there leave before they eventually do the needful.

UKVi ( Ref to James Bond movies) doesn’t grant leave easily particularly when you defeated them in the Court they would makes you hyper before they concur as I am talking from my previous experience with them 2015.

Hope this helps
Re travelling i thought the COA mentions we can travel with it and is valid for 6 months? Is the COA not valid document for work etc ?

KRES
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by KRES » Mon May 30, 2022 8:15 pm

KSplendide wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:24 am
KRES wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:31 pm
abuken wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 2:38 pm
to be free wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:14 am
abuken wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:02 pm
Hello,
Its good news
I am a silent member,
2014 applied for Zambrano got refused and appealed
2015 applied for leave to remain 2.5 and was granted
End of 2015 granted Zambrano and visa was on my passport it was not on a card
2018 renewed my leave to remain andķ was granted
2020 put in EUSS
2021 Feb EUSS was refused but i appealed
April 2021 renewed my leave to remain the 3rd time ( pending)
Feb 2022 appeal date came and it was allowed
May 2022 EUSS SETTLEMENT GRANTED
I just want to thank God because it has been a long journey.
To those still waiting for a decision, you shall hear good news very soon. Amen

Congratulations...finally!

Please on what basis did you get your settlement?
Are you non EU

Primary carer of British child?
2.5 based on parent? Or spouse
Thanks
I got it with Zambrano, primary carer of British child.
Non EU
But I also had 2.5 on parent route.
Hello Abuken,

First of all congratulations! Can I ask you some questions? I was refused RC, applied for FLR-fp and was granted but expired few years ago, applied for EU PSS but denied so I am going to apply for Zambrano. I am a primary carer of a British child, full time mom.

What documents did you use to prove you are the primary carer? Photos?

Thanks!
Hello @KRES,
In terms of documents required for your Zambrano application as the primary carer of your BC child - Feel free to refer to page 137 on here. @Snooky listed some examples which may be useful i.e: GP letter, school letters, letter from religious bodies etc. You can also refer to the application guidance document. Hope it helps. Best wishes 🙏🏾
Thank you!

timinis2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by timinis2 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:29 pm

timinis2 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 7:59 pm
timinis2 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:46 pm
I have Leave to remain on 10 year route
I applied Zambrano case 2021 june
Received acknowledgment August 2021
Received fingerprints invitation Feb 2022
Logged fingerprints 14th March 2022
Waiting for decision.
I still have valid Leave to remain expiring in Feb 2024.
I don’t know if we will get positive outcome for Zambrano application.
If any one received any positive for similar applications?
Update
Home office request post original possport or BRP cards
I am just wondering why they requested original when they already have our all record also we have valid leave to remain.
I am not sure if it’s positive sign?
Thank you

Update**********
Received passport back today by recoded delivery for all family ,
I can check my online status saying

You can work in the UK until you receive a
decision on your application or the outcome of
any appeal on your application to the EU
Settlement Scheme. This includes where you
have chosen to make an appeal after an
administrative review.
Details
You can work in any job.
You will need to prove your right to work again in 6
months, or if you change jobs.
I hope it will be positive decision.

rai75

Post by rai75 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:10 pm

timinis2 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:29 pm
timinis2 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 7:59 pm
timinis2 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:46 pm
I have Leave to remain on 10 year route
I applied Zambrano case 2021 june
Received acknowledgment August 2021
Received fingerprints invitation Feb 2022
Logged fingerprints 14th March 2022
Waiting for decision.
I still have valid Leave to remain expiring in Feb 2024.
I don’t know if we will get positive outcome for Zambrano application.
If any one received any positive for similar applications?
Update
Home office request post original possport or BRP cards
I am just wondering why they requested original when they already have our all record also we have valid leave to remain.
I am not sure if it’s positive sign?
Thank you

Update**********
Received passport back today by recoded delivery for all family ,
I can check my online status saying

You can work in the UK until you receive a
decision on your application or the outcome of
any appeal on your application to the EU
Settlement Scheme. This includes where you
have chosen to make an appeal after an
administrative review.
Details
You can work in any job.
You will need to prove your right to work again in 6
months, or if you change jobs.
I hope it will be positive decision.
After you finger prints were taken how long after were you passports requested by home office?

How long did they then keep them for, before returning them back to you (after fingers)?

While a decision is being made on your case, as you have the passports can you fly aboard?

Can you please advise

timinis2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by timinis2 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:51 pm

I was requested by Ho for passports after 3 weeks after submitting fingerprints and after sending passports was returned with in 10 days. Also on letter says I can travel and I can work. I got already valid FLR fp leave to remain and when I put the Brp number online status is changed .
I am hoping they will issue ILR soon.

rai75

Post by rai75 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:51 pm

timinis2 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:51 pm
I was requested by Ho for passports after 3 weeks after submitting fingerprints and after sending passports was returned with in 10 days. Also on letter says I can travel and I can work. I got already valid FLR fp leave to remain and when I put the Brp number online status is changed .
Can you advise where you are checking your status? do you have a link to the page?
please advise

timinis2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by timinis2 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:16 pm

rai75 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:51 pm
timinis2 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:51 pm
Can you advise where you are checking your status? do you have a link to the page?
please advise
Just use application reference number or passport number or brp card number . My solicitor said highly likely they will issue me ILR soon.

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Mary1986
Mood:

Post by Mary1986 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:30 pm

Hello,

I’ve only just found out about Zambrano paper application and contacted resolution centre to request a form.

Is the 5 year settled status for parent of British child who have been residing here for 5 years or 5 years with Residence permit?

Thanks

rai75

Post by rai75 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:41 am

Mary1986 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:30 pm
Hello,

I’ve only just found out about Zambrano paper application and contacted resolution centre to request a form.

Is the 5 year settled status for parent of British child who have been residing here for 5 years or 5 years with Residence permit?

Thanks
Have a read of this:
https://rightsofwomen.org.uk/legal-upda ... -children/

Mary1986
Mood:

Post by Mary1986 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:29 pm

rai75 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:41 am
Mary1986 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks
Have a read of this:

Thank you

rai75

Post by rai75 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:23 pm

Mary1986 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:29 pm
rai75 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:41 am
Mary1986 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks
Have a read of this:

Thank you
Home Office currently plans to announce the outcome by 13th June 2022. Unless they delays it again (first it was 25th April then 16th May) - now it is 13th June 2022.

Kmt2014
Nigeria

Post by Kmt2014 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:37 am

Hi everyone

Good afternoon.
Please kindly advice.
I renewed my 10 year parent route last year July 2021. I then made an application for EUSS in March and I have been sent COA which says entitled to benefit. Now this morning I get an email that I have been granted 5 year leave which I never applied for 5 years and no recourse to public funds. My child is British and eventhough I never claimed benefit I just got the child benefit( just did not need ). Is this not an error. Cause I don't understand.

Thank you

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:27 am

Kmt2014 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:37 am
Hi everyone

Good afternoon.
Please kindly advice.
I renewed my 10 year parent route last year July 2021. I then made an application for EUSS in March and I have been sent COA which says entitled to benefit. Now this morning I get an email that I have been granted 5 year leave which I never applied for 5 years and no recourse to public funds. My child is British and eventhough I never claimed benefit I just got the child benefit( just did not need ). Is this not an error. Cause I don't understand.

Thank you

After the 5 years, will you qualify to apply for indefinate? If so wait and see what happens with Zambarano. Pray for good health and peace of mind and forget about homeoffice... meanwhile, workout how much indefinate will cost and start saving.

The 5years will give you peace of mind from the drama

Just asking, are you a single parent? If so then you might be luck to apply for early indefinite after 1 year
It could be a blessing...

Kmt2014
Nigeria

Post by Kmt2014 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:30 am

Eheheh. You made me laugh with this reply. Thank you. Yes I am a single parent. Please how do I apply for 10 year route after 1 year . Thank you

Kmt2014
Nigeria

Post by Kmt2014 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:32 am

Sorry yes it states that after 5 years I get indefinite. Thank you.

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:47 am

Kmt2014 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:30 am
Eheheh. You made me laugh with this reply. Thank you. Yes I am a single parent. Please how do I apply for 10 year route after 1 year . Thank you
Have a look at your online EUSS profile. See what it says. The HO will never cease to amaze me . Roll on Monday 13th

Kmt2014
Nigeria

Post by Kmt2014 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:53 am

Sorry i meant after 4 years. I submitted a paper application. Can't see anything online relating to this. Thank you

Lagosbos

Post by Lagosbos » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:55 am

Kmt2014 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:37 am
Hi everyone

Good afternoon.
Please kindly advice.

Thank you
From the analysis you have given. It appears you have been granted pre-settled status as a result of the application you made back in March. If so, you should be able to apply for settled status when your British child turns 5! Ordinarily, pre-settled status wouldn't give you access to mainstream benefits unlike settled status. You can also post a copy of the email redacting all personal information if you are still not clear about it.
Last edited by Lagosbos on Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.