ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee Travel Document

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Igbowifey
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Refugee Travel Document

Post by Igbowifey » Mon May 09, 2022 9:18 pm

Hello,

I was just looking for some advice on applying for a B2 visitor visa to the States for someone who has indefinite leave to remain in the UK (previous 5 years limited leave to remain) and holds a Refugee Travel Document.

I know that my husband requires this visa and cannot travel on the visa waiver like myself. I just wanted to know if anyone has been approved for this visa and travelled with this travel document.

I am confident that the visa should be approved as my husband has very strong ties to the UK. We own our house (have a mortgage in his name jointly with me), full time job in the tech industry, been living in the UK since 2011 and has not returned to Nigeria (home country) since then. He also had credit cards, car finance in his name and supports my family with gardening and household tasks on a regular basis.

My main question is around peoples experiences of travelling with this travel document (colour blue, 1951 Geneva convention) and how long it was valid for after being awarded for it and also when you applied (months before travel took place).

Hope to hear back from you all soon.

nihad
Mood:
Iraq

Re: Refugee Travel Document

Post by nihad » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:44 pm

Hi

Has he applied for visa yet?
I'm planning to play for visitor visa as well so just wonder how was his experience if he has applied for a visa
Kind regards