ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mr_Knight
Mood:

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Mr_Knight » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:08 am

Jbb718 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:56 pm
Hello all. I submitted an online application for my first child last summer. Our second child was just born and we submitted her application online last week. I am posting all required documents for both applications tomorrow. I didn’t previously send documents for the first child’s application as I need to send my own FBR certificate as one of the documents, and of course only have one of them, and the local embassy recommended that I wait and send the applications together.

Anyway, I’m wondering where the applications will fall in the FBR office’s queue. Will we get the benefit of the fact that I applied online for child #1 last summer, or is the date they receive documents dispositive? Either way is fine, I’m just curious about how their priority list works and am excited. Thanks!
I thought applications would be expedited before any children were born so as to not miss the opportunity. This is citizenship through a parent with FBR & great grandparent born in Ireland?

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:04 pm

Mr_Knight wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:08 am
Jbb718 wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:56 pm
Hello all. I submitted an online application for my first child last summer. Our second child was just born and we submitted her application online last week. I am posting all required documents for both applications tomorrow. I didn’t previously send documents for the first child’s application as I need to send my own FBR certificate as one of the documents, and of course only have one of them, and the local embassy recommended that I wait and send the applications together.

Anyway, I’m wondering where the applications will fall in the FBR office’s queue. Will we get the benefit of the fact that I applied online for child #1 last summer, or is the date they receive documents dispositive? Either way is fine, I’m just curious about how their priority list works and am excited. Thanks!
I thought applications would be expedited before any children were born so as to not miss the opportunity. This is citizenship through a parent with FBR & great grandparent born in Ireland?
You're misunderstanding I think, applications are expedited for the parent of the expected child. If the parent is not on the FBR when the child is born the children aren't entitled to Irish citizenship, thus they will expedite the parent's addition to FBR prior to the birth of the child.

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -

Post by BrexitEscapee » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:08 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:04 pm
You're misunderstanding I think, applications are expedited for the parent of the expected child. If the parent is not on the FBR when the child is born the children aren't entitled to Irish citizenship, thus they will expedite the parent's addition to FBR prior to the birth of the child.
Which is exactly what MrKnight just said.

Jbb718
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Jbb718 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:50 pm

Thanks for the replies. To clarify, the parent is already on the FBR. These are just applications for 2 children. The first reply gave me exactly what I needed. Thank you all!

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:00 pm

BrexitEscapee wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:08 pm
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:04 pm
Which is exactly what MrKnight just said.
Indeed, I didn't see it and was responding to the original question.

flaggaz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by flaggaz » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:41 am

Hi everyone! About to send in applications for FBR for both of our children at the same time, and have a question about supporting evidence and photos. I know you can send just one copy of the grandparent's and parent's birth certificates and marriage certificates, and state that it goes with both applications, but do you have to send in separate copies of everything else, even if they're all in the same packet? For example, if it says to provide four photos of the Irish citizen parent (myself) and have two of them witnessed, does that mean I would need to provide eight photos and have four of them witnessed if I'm applying for two children at the same time? The instructions online aren't really clear.

plasticpaddy20
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by plasticpaddy20 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:53 pm

Hi everyone :)
LONG time lurker, first time poster. This board has helped keep me sane over the last 2 years. I plan to move overseas when I get my passport, so the wait has been tough.

My timeline:
Online Application: June 30,2020
Application Received (supporting docs, though email doesn't say that): October 9, 2020
Confirmation of Address: n/a
Documents Received: n/a

Hoping the 2020 apps start moving quicker, and good luck to everyone 🇮🇪

JT97

Post by JT97 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:22 am

flaggaz wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:41 am
Hi everyone! About to send in applications for FBR for both of our children at the same time, and have a question about supporting evidence and photos. I know you can send just one copy of the grandparent's and parent's birth certificates and marriage certificates, and state that it goes with both applications, but do you have to send in separate copies of everything else, even if they're all in the same packet? For example, if it says to provide four photos of the Irish citizen parent (myself) and have two of them witnessed, does that mean I would need to provide eight photos and have four of them witnessed if I'm applying for two children at the same time? The instructions online aren't really clear.
Me and my brother submitted a joint application. We just did one set of everything for our grandparent and parent. So just 4 photos.

FieldsOfAthenry
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by FieldsOfAthenry » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:55 am

The date format in this forum is confusing. Are most of you posting as MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YY? It appears to be a mix of both.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:41 am

There's no one big format for the thread, each one of the people here does as they please (and as a number of posts here are from people born in the States, MM/DD is a norm for them).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

duffy1867

Post by duffy1867 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:41 pm

FieldsOfAthenry wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:55 am
The date format in this forum is confusing. Are most of you posting as MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YY? It appears to be a mix of both.
When I first came on here it was more common to use DD MM YY, however I have seen a lot more MM DD YY recently

Personally, when date writing in general, I tend to always write the month to avoid this issue - I worked in North America for several years and writing 7 June 22 seems to avoid the issue entirely :)

Apple10

Post by Apple10 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:35 pm

plasticpaddy20 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:53 pm
Hi everyone :)
LONG time lurker, first time poster. This board has helped keep me sane over the last 2 years. I plan to move overseas when I get my passport, so the wait has been tough.

My timeline:
Online Application: June 30,2020
Application Received (supporting docs, though email doesn't say that): October 9, 2020
Confirmation of Address: n/a
Documents Received: n/a

Hoping the 2020 apps start moving quicker, and good luck to everyone 🇮🇪
Hopefully not too long to wait now for you. You can be my marker for mine getting closer! I hope you don't have to wait until October of this year.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:39 pm

Seems very quiet on here again, no real announcements for the Feb 2020 applicants. Coming up on 28 months myself ...
lets hope things get moving again. I was hoping to have the cert by summer, looks like that's prob not going to happen. sigh.

JohnFBR
Mood:

Post by JohnFBR » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:39 pm

I’m in the same boat. I agree it’s gone very quiet!

Themag62
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Themag62 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:28 am

Feb.17, 2020 here, hoping beyond hope to have an Irish passport by mid August for my university student. Search my email by .ie every day.

firefighter664
Newly Registered

Post by firefighter664 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:45 pm

Lucky enough to have been added to the FBR in January after waiting over 27 months and immediately applied for my passport. Sorry to break it to you but it's been more than a further 4 month wait for that as a first time applicant. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

SrMcNix
Newly Registered
Bermuda

Post by SrMcNix » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:59 pm

firefighter664 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:45 pm
Lucky enough to have been added to the FBR in January after waiting over 27 months and immediately applied for my passport. Sorry to break it to you but it's been more than a further 4 month wait for that as a first time applicant. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Have you received your passport yet or are you still waiting?

rsw1010
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by rsw1010 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:13 pm

Hello,

Not sure if there's a passport specific forum but does anyone know if midwives can witness your first time passport application and photos?

I work within midwifery, therefore know more midwives rather than nurses so was wondering if that would be OK?

Thank you.

rsw1010
Newly Registered
Mood:

Hello,

Not sure if there's a passport specific forum but does anyone know if midwives can witness your first time passport application and photos?

I work within midwifery, therefore know more midwives rather than nurses so was wondering if that would be OK?

Thank you.

rsw1010
Newly Registered
Mood:

Hello,

Thank you.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:29 pm

Themag62 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:28 am
Feb.17, 2020 here, hoping beyond hope to have an Irish passport by mid August for my university student. Search my email by .ie every day.

I'm a Feb 14, 2020 applicant myself, and at this point seems we'll be fortunate to have the FBR cert by the end of the summer, let alone a passport. Things seem to be moving very slowly.

If you're a university student, you should be able to get a student visa and not have to wait for the Irish passport. I wish you luck, but you should prepare to not have the passport by mid August. That seems impossible at this point.

firefighter664
Newly Registered

Post by firefighter664 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:44 pm

SrMcNix wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:59 pm
firefighter664 wrote:
It's in the 'printing' stage now so I hope to have it within a week. When you come to apply for your passports online, don't be fooled by the 'estimated issue date' they provide on the online tracker once you apply. Mine still says an issue date of 28 April 22 (they started processing it on 16 Feb) and I don't have it yet!

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:35 pm

firefighter664 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:44 pm
SrMcNix wrote:
firefighter664 wrote:
It's in the 'printing' stage now so I hope to have it within a week. When you come to apply for your passports online, don't be fooled by the 'estimated issue date' they provide on the online tracker once you apply. Mine still says an issue date of 28 April 22 (they started processing it on 16 Feb) and I don't have it yet!
That is brutal. I wonder what is the plan for them and the FBR folks to ever get out from under the backlog. unless they double or triple the staff, I don't see how they could.

Alk1978
Newly Registered

Post by Alk1978 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:30 am

Sigh.

Was happy to get an email that my citizenship is about to be approved and my certificate mailed.

However that was almost a month ago now. Obvs I just want it asap so I can stick the damn thing in an envelope straight back to them for the passport wait.

Any recent advice on how long Between the “You’re about to be approved” and actual cert in hand?

Alk1978
Newly Registered

Post by Alk1978 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:34 am

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:35 pm
firefighter664 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:44 pm
SrMcNix wrote:
firefighter664 wrote:
That is brutal. I wonder what is the plan for them and the FBR folks to ever get out from under the backlog. unless they double or triple the staff, I don't see how they could.
Brutal is accurate. 4 months means I don’t think I’ll have a passport before November and I was approved in May. It’s getting ridiculous.

Question - I can use an unneeded driver license photocard in place of my British passport for the Irish passport application right? They can think again if they think I’ll miss the Berlin Marathon while my British passport sits in a pile of dust in Dublin.