ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Islamabad Embassy Closed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alisha
Newly Registered

Islamabad Embassy Closed

Post by alisha » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:28 pm

Hi,

My husband is from pakistan and I'm from United Kingdom. I had a court hearing on the 19th of September and thank god we were sucessful, issue now is that Islamabad embassy is only dealing with new applications, they are not dealing with Appeal visa's due to the Consulate department being closed, my husband called them today and a woman in the embassy confirmed that the embassy is closed for 3 or 4 months and they are not even sure if the department will be opening after 3-4 months all depending on the situation in Islamabad so therefore they will not be dealing with appeal won visa's
Is there anyone else in the same situation :?: or does anyone know if thats the case or not :?:

This has made me very depressed.. :(

Look forward to a reply
Alisha

Good luck to everyone out there..

John

Post by John » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:28 pm

Alisha, if you have not already done so, suggest you contact your MP as son as possible.

The British Mission clearly still have some staff in place and cannot simply ignore the successful appeal.
John

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:22 pm

hey does that mean the people dat submitted them on the 11th Sept what are they not dealing with them either. cuz i still havnt heard anything from the embassy regarding my app which we submitted on the 11 sept

hoping_for_HSMP

Post by hoping_for_HSMP » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:43 am

the BHC in islamabad is not closed... the visa application centre is closed but the VAC in lahore and karachi are open... BHC is open and is accepting applications and passports after appeal... where did your husband call??? 8865 or the BHC itself...

www.ukvacpk.com

====================
Anyone wishing to apply for a UK visa or seeking to re-submit their passport following an allowed appeal at our Visa Application Centres (VAC), should contact our call-centre (0900 10411 from a landline or 8865 from a mobile) in order to make an appointment at their nearest VAC. Access to the VACs is restricted to those with appointments only, and anyone arriving without an appointment will be turned away.
====================

please do not spread false rumours...

A

alisha
Newly Registered

Whats the best number to call?

Post by alisha » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Hi,

I'm not spreading false rumours that is what the lady in the embassy said, can anyone advise what the best number is to call in Islamabad embassy who would confirm the status of appeal won visa's?. It's like banging my head against a brick wall.

I am so concerned as there may be lots of other people as well.
Look forward to a reply.

Thanks
Alisha

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:49 pm

Appeals.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk

You are likely to get a response if you email them at the above address

Also worth reading this. It may help you to understand the appeal procedure

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/aplforposts#6311185

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:52 am

hoping_for_HSMP wrote:the BHC in islamabad is not closed... the visa application centre is closed but the VAC in lahore and karachi are open... BHC is open and is accepting applications and passports after appeal... where did your husband call??? 8865 or the BHC itself...

www.ukvacpk.com

====================
Anyone wishing to apply for a UK visa or seeking to re-submit their passport following an allowed appeal at our Visa Application Centres (VAC), should contact our call-centre (0900 10411 from a landline or 8865 from a mobile) in order to make an appointment at their nearest VAC. Access to the VACs is restricted to those with appointments only, and anyone arriving without an appointment will be turned away.
====================

please do not spread false rumours...

A

These phone numbers are for Gerry's International, who are a courier service for the BHC and nothing else. There is no point calling Gerry's or any other VAC for an appeal made directly in the UK and heard in the UK. This information can only be get from the BHC itself, but there doesnt seem to be a contact in place who would address appeal enquiries to appellants.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:55 am

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus/ne ... id=8027437

This link is from the VAC website if this website is the most authentic information source available. It says clearly that applications submitted or under process before 9th October, 2008 are delayed. All applications submitted after 9th Oct are processed as normal.

So since my appeal promulgation was sent out on the 30th of Sept, it might be delayed as per the announcement.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:04 am

batleykhan wrote:Appeals.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk

You are likely to get a response if you email them at the above address

Also worth reading this. It may help you to understand the appeal procedure

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/aplforposts#6311185

Thanks for the advice but here is proof of the efficiency of the emailing system.

First email sent after appeal allowed: 1st October, 2008
Reply received: 3rd November, 2008 asking me to confirm my appeal number and passport number which I think was a ridiculous reply in the first place. Sounded like a stalling tactic
Confirmation email sent: 3rd November, 2008
NO REPLY TO DATE.

The way their email service seems to work, I am not hopeful for a reply until the end of November r even later.

You know guys, I am not bothered really about WHATS happening. What really gets to me is this uncertainty and open-endedness of the situation. Nobody answers the phone properly, nobody replies to the emails on time.

All I am asking for is at least a target line of stamping, so that I can focus. I cant commit to work openings in the UK as I dont know anything yet. Very frustrated at the way the BHC works in Pakistan.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:44 am

OK, here is another question. When I applied initially I had to undergo a TB examination. That was an ordeal in itself as it took 2 weeks for me to just get an appointment.

Anyhow, the certificate is issued for 6 months only and expired in September. Now, since my appeal is already allowed and i am waiting for the BHC to call me ad infinitum, would i need to take the test again? or would the previous certificate do?
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:50 am

John wrote:Alisha, if you have not already done so, suggest you contact your MP as son as possible.

The British Mission clearly still have some staff in place and cannot simply ignore the successful appeal.
Thanks for the advice John, really appreciated.
She has already done that quite a few times and two MP's, Mr. Stringer and Mr. Karim, have sent emails and had-written letters on our behalf, but it really feels like hitting our heads against a brick wall.

No replies. In fact, Lucy Pickles, assistant to Mr. Kari, said, she doesnt know what more to do. :cry:
Skeptic