ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Discussion 2022

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ncponyboy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Passport Application Discussion 2022

Post by ncponyboy » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:55 pm

I am seeing several posts with passports being printed and they started later than I did. Hope that doesn't mean something is wrong but the representative said nothing was flagged. I don't know if it's the luck of the draw or if I fell to the back but it would have been nice to have it by my trip on June 22. Guess that is fading away.

Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by 11070 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:19 am

My application is being processed as of today, however...

Estimated Issue Date: November 1, 2023

I'm assuming this gets updated, and I won't be waiting over a year now? :lol:

ncponyboy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ncponyboy » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:12 pm

Don't be so sure

Gocho77
Columbia

Post by Gocho77 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:59 pm

I start my application online today and in the first time passport documents section of the consent form it says:
(4) Citizenship through naturalisation
Naturalisation Certificate; AND
Original passport from country of birth (if you have one)

This specific words about the passport make me think about my case (that is not too commun I suppose)
What I understand form this is that if the passport that you are using is not from your country of birth, you do not need to send it.

In my case, my passport issue from my country of birth has expired and I am using a passport from my second nationality. Hence I only need to send my expired passport (from my birth country) and not my current passport.

is anybody else in a similar situation?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:31 am

Gocho77 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:59 pm
I start my application online today and in the first time passport documents section of the consent form it says:

This specific words about the passport make me think about my case (that is not too commun I suppose)
What I understand form this is that if the passport that you are using is not from your country of birth, you do not need to send it.

In my case, my passport issue from my country of birth has expired and I am using a passport from my second nationality. Hence I only need to send my expired passport (from my birth country) and not my current passport.

I'd say it's more of a case for refugees or other cases where people don't have original passport. Not sure what's the way to go for you, but if you stay here in your second passport, that might be what they expect.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

brainiacghost

Post by brainiacghost » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:28 am

My estimated issue date was yesterday and I'm still on processing. I spoke to webchat and they've not been able to give me any further information.

Gocho77
Columbia

Post by Gocho77 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:37 am

meself2 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:31 am
Gocho77 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:59 pm

I'd say it's more of a case for refugees or other cases where people don't have original passport. Not sure what's the way to go for you, but if you stay here in your second passport, that might be what they expect.
Now that you mentioned that could be the intention of that. But again, if you read it literally they are asking for the passport of the country where you were born, is very specific about that. If they want the passport you are using they would only said your current passport, or just passport.

Now, because in my case that I have two passports. I probably will send my Country of birth passport (expired) and a certify copy of the biometric page of my current passport, and add a explanation of my circumstance.

ncponyboy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ncponyboy » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:52 am

brainiacghost wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:28 am
My estimated issue date was yesterday and I'm still on processing. I spoke to webchat and they've not been able to give me any further information.
Mines past due by 2 weeks now and same, they can't tell me any information other than wait longer. The estimated dates seem to be worthless. What upsets me is I see people that have submitted later get approved already. Not sure what their criteria is for looking at an application.

Muscat

Post by Muscat » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:53 pm

ncponyboy wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:52 am
brainiacghost wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:28 am
Mines past due by 2 weeks now and same, they can't tell me any information other than wait longer. The estimated dates seem to be worthless. What upsets me is I see people that have submitted later get approved already. Not sure what their criteria is for looking at an application.

My estimated date was 16th May. “Processing” started on 30th March.

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:19 pm

What is the current consensus on if they will accept a certified copy of original country passport instead of sending original when making first passport application as naturalised citizen?

How about birth certificate? Can it be certified copy?

Gocho77
Columbia

Post by Gocho77 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:08 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:19 pm
What is the current consensus on if they will accept a certified copy of original country passport instead of sending original when making first passport application as naturalised citizen?

How about birth certificate? Can it be certified copy?
In my Case I took the risk and sent I certify copy of the biometric page of my passport. About the birth certificate in my case the original one is in the registry archive in my country and I only can get a certify copy. There is no way I can get the original. Hence I send that copy with a translation to English.

I will update if the certify copy of my passport was enough.

ncponyboy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ncponyboy » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:12 pm

I sent a certified copy as well. We'll see if it was ok with them but with the current wait times for processing, I wasn't going to be without my valid passport for that long.

manny24
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by manny24 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:04 pm

amolbawate wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:12 pm
SamH wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:55 pm
amolbawate wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:58 pm
NF13 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:00 pm
meself2 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:46 am
_pikachu wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:27 am

Born citizens of Ireland can move to another country and not inform the State of this. Naturalised citizens have to inform the State if they move abroad, not sure if it's forever or for the first 7 years of naturalisation. Seems bias, but that's the way it goes.
If they're out of the country for more than 7 years, they have to submit a declaration that they want to keep their citizenship annually, so it's the first way.

I was referring to the passport application. If its ok for people outside Ireland to send certified copies of their passport then it should apply the same to people within Ireland to send in certified copies of their passport so we can hold on to our original passport.
I have applied for my first passport in March 2022 and I didn't submitted my original passport only certified copies for front and last page. I am based in Dublin and was in Dublin when I applied for passport.

My application has passed the document verification stage two weeks back. So far they haven't asked me my original passport.

I spoke to customer support on Friday 15th April and was confirmed that my application is with entitlement team and next stage will be printing.

@Zancolfry and amolbawate:

Could you please let us know if you've been successful with your passport applications by including certified copies of your home country passports?

I've submitted my online passport application, and now have to send in my supporting documentation - I was also under the impression from the guide received with my naturalisation certificate, and the passport application itself, that I didn't have to send in my original home passport. It was only when I downloaded the application printout (Cover Page, Identity Verificaiton, etc.) that I discovered that it requests my original home country passport.

I have to travel for work in the next couple of weeks so can't be without my own passport!

PS. I have a PSC card - the application process tells me this is the best way for them to verify my identity

Thanks very much!
My application is in Processing stage for last 3 weeks, the verification stage was passed successfully. The expected date of passport is 04 May 2022.

Following documents were sent for first time passport:
Application form
Original Psc card
Copy of front and back of Psc card
Certified copy of first and last page of Indian passport
Original Bank statement -- Proof of name
Original letter I received from NDLS for renewing my license -- Proof of address
Original letter I received with my naturalization certificate (which was signed by Helen McEntee) -- Proof of address
Naturalization Certificate
Original birth certificate (non laminated)

Haven't received any communication yet from passport office but I spoke to customer support and everything seems to be fine and on track.

Will keep posted as soon as I hear anything from passport office.

@amolbawate - Just wondering, was your application completed successful with certified copy of passport?
I am about to send the supporting docs for my application and I am planning to send the certified copy of my passport.
Anyone else who was successfully after sending the certified copy of passport? Thanks.

yomariano05
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yomariano05 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:45 am

littlerr wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:55 pm
A certified copy of passport is also accepted.
PSC cannot be accepted without either the original or certified copy of passport.
What pages should be certified in case I submit a certified copy of my passport instead of my original passport? Thanks

SamH
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by SamH » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:01 pm

SamH wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:55 pm
amolbawate wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:58 pm
NF13 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:00 pm
meself2 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:46 am
_pikachu wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:27 am
NF13 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:27 am
Notarized documents if accepted by applicants outside Ireland then should be accepted within Ireland also. Otherwise, it is biased to give special treatment isnt it?
Born citizens of Ireland can move to another country and not inform the State of this. Naturalised citizens have to inform the State if they move abroad, not sure if it's forever or for the first 7 years of naturalisation. Seems bias, but that's the way it goes.
If they're out of the country for more than 7 years, they have to submit a declaration that they want to keep their citizenship annually, so it's the first way.

I was referring to the passport application. If its ok for people outside Ireland to send certified copies of their passport then it should apply the same to people within Ireland to send in certified copies of their passport so we can hold on to our original passport.
I have applied for my first passport in March 2022 and I didn't submitted my original passport only certified copies for front and last page. I am based in Dublin and was in Dublin when I applied for passport.

My application has passed the document verification stage two weeks back. So far they haven't asked me my original passport.

I spoke to customer support on Friday 15th April and was confirmed that my application is with entitlement team and next stage will be printing.

@Zancolfry and amolbawate:

Could you please let us know if you've been successful with your passport applications by including certified copies of your home country passports?

I've submitted my online passport application, and now have to send in my supporting documentation - I was also under the impression from the guide received with my naturalisation certificate, and the passport application itself, that I didn't have to send in my original home passport. It was only when I downloaded the application printout (Cover Page, Identity Verification, etc.) that I discovered that it requests my original home country passport.

I have to travel for work in the next couple of weeks so can't be without my own passport!

PS. I have a PSC card - the application process tells me this is the best way for them to verify my identity

Thanks very much!
Hi all - just wanted to update you with my experience, which fortunately hasn't been as tortuous as some of yours...

I've just received my new Irish passport (ExpressPost) - less than two weeks after my tracker status going from "Processing application - We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents." to "Processing application - Your application is being processed". My passport was then both printed and dispatched yesterday.

So I can confirm that certified copies of your home country passport are acceptable, but in my case I included a copy of my PSC.

I'll put all this in the timeline thread.

Thanks for everyone's help during this process - 25 months from go to whoa!

Cheers,
Sam

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:07 pm

SamH wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:01 pm
Hi all - just wanted to update you with my experience, which fortunately hasn't been as tortuous as some of yours...

I've just received my new Irish passport (ExpressPost) - less than two weeks after my tracker status going from "Processing application - We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents." to "Processing application - Your application is being processed". My passport was then both printed and dispatched yesterday.

So I can confirm that certified copies of your home country passport are acceptable, but in my case I included a copy of my PSC.

Cheers,
Sam
Hey Sam, just a question, can you send either copy of your Public Service Card or passport or is it both? I am not in the process yet but just wondering if sending PSC copy is also acceptable or not.

ncponyboy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ncponyboy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:09 pm

Congrats to you. I'm at 3 1/2 months past Application Received and still counting

SamH
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by SamH » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:22 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:07 pm
SamH wrote:

Cheers,
Sam
Hey Sam, just a question, can you send either copy of your Public Service Card or passport or is it both? I am not in the process yet but just wondering if sending PSC copy is also acceptable or not.
Hi mentalmind,

I think Littlerr says it the best:

Post by littlerr » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:55 pm

PSC cannot be accepted without either the original or certified copy of passport.

yomariano05
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yomariano05 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:08 pm

SamH wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:22 pm
mentalmind wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:07 pm
SamH wrote:

Cheers,
Sam
Hi mentalmind,

I think Littlerr says it the best:

Post by littlerr » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:55 pm

What pages of the passport should be certified? Thanks

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:28 pm

Biometric page and signature page

baqa
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by baqa » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:35 am

The absurdity of this - and then the department has the audacity to go in front of parliament and act like it's the people submitting who are in the wrong in submitting "incomplete" applications. The guidance is very clear on the DFA website:
If you are a naturalised Irish citizen and are now resident in Ireland, please submit the following original documents.
  • Photographic identification
    • The Public Services Card is the most efficient way for you to verify your identify. This ensures that your application can be processed quickly. We only need a photocopy of your PSC card.
    • If you do not have a Public Services Card, you must submit an original government issued photographic identification. This could be an original passport from another country or a certified copy of your driver’s licence (certified by a solicitor or notary public).
    • If you do not have any suitable documents, you will have to arrange an interview with staff at our Passport Office in Dublin or Cork. Contact us to arrange this.
This unambiguously states that a copy of the PSC card is sufficient, and only if you don't have that do you need the passport (or copy of certified driver's license). The fact that I need to come to immigration boards to find the actual truth is unbelievable.

I'll be submitting a certified copy of my passport (all pages, just like the process for citizenship applications), certified copy of my drivers license, and certified copy of my PSC. Better to be too much than not enough, I guess. Will let y'all know how it goes.

yomariano05
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yomariano05 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:07 pm

Regarding to the Bank Statement, how many months before the application should be printed?

NPLC
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NPLC » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:41 pm

yomariano05 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:07 pm
Regarding to the Bank Statement, how many months before the application should be printed?
6 months bank statements will be enough!

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:09 am

Hi guys how long does it take to print passport card? ..I got the passport book on on 3rd June.. and passport card is on printing status since 2nd June...

Estimate date was 10/6/22

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:52 pm

Hi guys, looking to see if someone has similar experience with passport application tracker.
My tracker was updating every 2 hours starting 9:20 am to 19:20
But for last few days it stops updating during the day and then time change etc at 19:20.
Is there an explanation for that?