ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

claiming maternity allowance while on student tier 4 visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ravikiran16
Newly Registered

claiming maternity allowance while on student tier 4 visa

Post by ravikiran16 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:04 pm

My wife is currently on student visa and i am on pbs dependent visa. My wife student visa duration from September 2020 to till September 2022.next my wife will going to apply post study work visa in September 2022.

We blessed with baby girl on 10th May 2022. Is it my wife is eligible to apply maternity allowance and it should not impact on her post study work permit visa which she will going to apply on September 2022? is it maternity allowance will come under public funds? Please let us know.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate for your inputs.

secret.simon

Re: claiming maternity allowance while on student tier 4 visa

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 22, 2022 10:15 pm

Has your wife worked in the UK on her student visa?
Gov.UK : Maternity Allowance - Eligibility wrote:You can get Maternity Allowance for 39 weeks if in the 66 weeks before your baby’s due, you’ve been:

employed or registered as self-employed for at least 26 weeks
earning (or classed as earning) £30 a week or more in at least 13 weeks - the weeks do not have to be together
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:41 am

ravikiran16 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:04 pm
Is it my wife is eligible to apply maternity allowance and it should not impact on her post study work permit visa which she will going to apply on September 2022? is it maternity allowance will come under public funds?
The official list of what is a public fund is easily found online. If you Google search for "Public funds" it is the first return.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sam550

Post by sam550 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:02 am

ravikiran16 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:04 pm
My wife is currently on student visa and i am on pbs dependent visa. My wife student visa duration from September 2020 to till September 2022.next my wife will going to apply post study work visa in September 2022.

We blessed with baby girl on 10th May 2022. Is it my wife is eligible to apply maternity allowance and it should not impact on her post study work permit visa which she will going to apply on September 2022? is it maternity allowance will come under public funds? Please let us know.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate for your inputs.

Congratulations to you both - to answer your question, Work-related benefits such as Statutory Maternity Pay, Maternity Allowance, Statutory Paternity Pay and Statutory Sick Pay are not affected by your immigration status and are not classed as public funds.