ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:00 am

oahmed wrote:Del Piero - Thanx alot bro :D Has your wife submitted her application???
Yeh week after yours.

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:02 am

kam1 wrote:We reapplied on the 21st October. The website was updated today 10th November (collect application). I'm hoping my wife gets the call soon. I'm just wishing we get it this time round.
Has your missus got the call yet to collect her papers?

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Congratulations to all of the successful guys and girls out there. It makes me wistful sometimes. :D I am one of the unfortunate ones, going through the original application being refused, going through the appeal process, and after 8 months, now the court has ruled the appeal in my favour, thanks God. Now i am waiting for the BHC to call me up for issuance of the visa. Pray it happens quickly.

Best of luck to every one.
Skeptic

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:30 pm

RiFF wrote:Congratulations to all of the successful guys and girls out there. It makes me wistful sometimes. :D I am one of the unfortunate ones, going through the original application being refused, going through the appeal process, and after 8 months, now the court has ruled the appeal in my favour, thanks God. Now i am waiting for the BHC to call me up for issuance of the visa. Pray it happens quickly.

so wait ur appeal has bin going on for 8 months? why didnt u just re submitt the app?

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:56 pm

wowo my status also changed yesterday, just waiting for the call now...oh man I am feeling very nervous....just spoken to missus and yet no call from them. Guys keep us in your duas....

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Del Piero - thats great news, inshallah it will be the visa !! :D They seem to be quite quick with the calls ... tell your missus to stay by the phone you gave as your contact number coz they can call you at any time up to Mignight Pakistan Time. And they wont call again in a hurry!! My missus got the call late and was told to pick the passport the next day so get her prepared for the trek & make standby arrangements.

Inshallah it will be good news :D

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Kam1 - any news ??

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:21 pm

oahmed wrote:Del Piero - thats great news, inshallah it will be the visa !! :D They seem to be quite quick with the calls ... tell your missus to stay by the phone you gave as your contact number coz they can call you at any time up to Mignight Pakistan Time. And they wont call again in a hurry!! My missus got the call late and was told to pick the passport the next day so get her prepared for the trek & make standby arrangements.

Inshallah it will be good news :D
According to missus, she gave two contact numbers on the form, one her mobile and the other house number. I've got her on guard, lets see what happens.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:52 pm

del_piero_3 - Hope it is gud news...just pray 4 those who are waiting now

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:36 pm

naz08 wrote:
RiFF wrote:Congratulations to all of the successful guys and girls out there. It makes me wistful sometimes. :D I am one of the unfortunate ones, going through the original application being refused, going through the appeal process, and after 8 months, now the court has ruled the appeal in my favour, thanks God. Now i am waiting for the BHC to call me up for issuance of the visa. Pray it happens quickly.

so wait ur appeal has bin going on for 8 months? why didnt u just re submitt the app?
Well, 8 months is the total duration. The original refusal happened on 14th April, and since then its all appeal and hearing and stuff.

I didnt reapply coz the solicitor said, appeal is a better way to go in my particular case, and after my patience ran thin, even if i wanted to, i couldnt, coz no one can reapply while going through an appeal process.

However, its all behind me now, the torture and the pain, and the anger. I have the court ruling in my favour so just sitting here twiddling my thumbs for the BHC to call me up.
Skeptic

kam1
Newly Registered

Post by kam1 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:51 pm

del_piero_3 wrote:
kam1 wrote:We reapplied on the 21st October. The website was updated today 10th November (collect application). I'm hoping my wife gets the call soon. I'm just wishing we get it this time round.
Has your missus got the call yet to collect her papers?
Not got the call yet, still waiting. My wife said she will go to the Lahore VAC on Friday. Even if they do not bother calling.

Dep_pierp_3 keep us updated.

Oahmed - When is your wife coming over? I heard getting tickets with PIA are difficult at the moment as BA have stopped flights to Paksitan?

Look at me thinking of tickets when we haven't even got the visa!

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:53 am

kam1 : She should go anyway, if the website says, the passport is ready for collection. I did not get any sort of call. The irony was that i called the VAC myself to confirm that the website says the passport is ready and should i go, and funnily, they said, its not ready. I thought what the hell, and went anyway.

The passport was there. So, from my experience, the website is more accurate than the dumb guys they have on the telephones.
Skeptic

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Still no call yet and its almost 5:30pm in Pak, status changed on 10/11/08. Am too thinking of sending my wife to Lahore VAC on this Friday.

Oahmed did your wife had to take any docs such as ID etc? I know she has to take the VAC application submission receipt. Also what time did she collect the papers on Friday?

fingerscrossed
Newly Registered

Post by fingerscrossed » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:47 pm

:D :D

YES YES YES
Finally status changed this morning and the mrs has been down to the VAC in Lahore without waiting for the call and we have got the visa.

Thanks for all the support and advice everyone. Its taken 17 working days to get the result. Papers submitted 2nd time round (refused first time) on the 21/10/08 status changed 12/11/08.

I had a letter of legal representation which was attached to the application and was very thoroughly worded. It mentioned that in the opinion of the solictor in accordance with the rules on the immigration act all requirements have been fullfilled and their is NO GROUNDS for the application to be refused.

We also purchased the airline ticket and attached this to the form allowing them 6 weeks processing time, it was also stated in the legal representation that this was a more than reasonable amount of time to process a straight forward application. So, we think having a well prepared case and a confirmed travel date does infact speed up the processing times.

The letter also stated that there is a case for an infringement of Human Rights and also facial discrimination should the visa not be granted on this occasion. This has quite clearly 'put the wind up' the enrty clearance officers responsible for the processing of the visa. Quite clearly this has made them sit up and take notice of our case. It cost me almost £900 in solicitor costs to prepare this legal representation but, you can not place a value on your wife.

Should anyone want any advice or support please do PM me or just post a reply.

Best of luck to all those who are still waiting.

Insha allah you will all receive the good news. :lol: :lol:

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:28 pm

fingerscrossed - congrats hope u n partner av a great life

oahmed - hey it is ok to email gerrys in Islamabad i found this email address on there website..help!!!!
visa-info@visadropbox.com

kam1
Newly Registered

Post by kam1 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:28 pm

del_piero_3 wrote:Still no call yet and its almost 5:30pm in Pak, status changed on 10/11/08. Am too thinking of sending my wife to Lahore VAC on this Friday.

Oahmed did your wife had to take any docs such as ID etc? I know she has to take the VAC application submission receipt. Also what time did she collect the papers on Friday?
Hello "del_piero_3" - My wife got the call this morning, about 09:30. She is going to go on Friday afternoon to collect the application. I think its between 3pm till 4pm or 3 to 5. She can't go tomorrow, if it was lahore vac was close to us she would go straight away.

dep_peiro_3, if your wife does not live far from the VAC then I think she should just go in and say that she got the call. I dought they even bother making a note of who they have called and havent!

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:06 pm

kam1 wrote:
del_piero_3 wrote: Hello "del_piero_3" - My wife got the call this morning, about 09:30. She is going to go on Friday afternoon to collect the application. I think its between 3pm till 4pm or 3 to 5. She can't go tomorrow, if it was lahore vac was close to us she would go straight away.

dep_peiro_3, if your wife does not live far from the VAC then I think she should just go in and say that she got the call. I dought they even bother making a note of who they have called and havent!
My wife is from Mirpur too and I believe they met when they submitted the application. I've sent you a pm, check it out.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:55 pm

hey guys most of you guys are getting call backs quickly i submitted mine on the 11th Sept, i havnt heard anyting it i week 9 now so.sumone help i dunt now what to do, shall i send hubbi down to islamabad to check out the situation? can i ring the home office in london to find out what the situation is? any1 help

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:38 pm

Fingerscrossed - thats great news!! Many congratulations !! :D

Del Piero - my missus collected the passport on Friday between 2-3pm. But I would advise you get there very early. Even when you get called and given a time, theres are 'ticket system'. If you get a 'sh*t' number then you'll be waiting forever & may be turned away, as there are very very few counters open & hundreds and hundreds of pple waiting. Get your missus there early.
Also get your wife to take her reciept & ID card with her - she will need it as they can get really picky !!

Kam1 - is your wife going to Lahore ??? If so, as advised to Del Piero - dont get your wife there in the evening, go first thing!! Trust me its shambolic there. My dad says its embarassing the organisation, and pple get turned away even tho ythy got the call & times!! Good Luck :D

Naz - i wouldnt bother email that address, Just stick to the visaqry2 address ... to be honest I would look to get some advice, MP or legal, coz your case has been ongoing for a long time with no news!! I pray that you get gppd news soon, I know how difficult it is & how patient you have been!! Keep Smiling!! :D

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:43 pm

Btw ...Be warned ... tickets are proving hard to get hold of!!

Im flying out to collect my missus (and a little holiday) in two wks and will bring her back to England (yipppppppeeeee) before Eid.

But Ive had to get Business class ticket .... but the expense is worth it!! :D

fingerscrossed
Newly Registered

Post by fingerscrossed » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:30 pm

Naz08 exactly how long has it been from the day of submission for you. Let us know in both total number of days and also how many working days it has been.

I can see that you use the other site as i do as well. I remenber reading on there a few people have e-mailed the BHC direct and got responses.

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:55 pm

fingerscrossed wrote::D :D

YES YES YES

Insha allah you will all receive the good news. :lol: :lol:
Congrats mate, certainly a unique way of applying for visa. Like they say you get what you pay for, your solicitor must be good.

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:02 pm

naz08 wrote:hey guys most of you guys are getting call backs quickly i submitted mine on the 11th Sept, i havnt heard anyting it i week 9 now so.sumone help i dunt now what to do, shall i send hubbi down to islamabad to check out the situation? can i ring the home office in london to find out what the situation is? any1 help
Hey has your status been changed online?

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:04 pm

Oahmed - right i have an update i rang the home offce in london fought give it a try...i gave the guy my ref number and he said they deal wiv appeals onli buh still wud check it out 4 me..right it said on his system that the app had been referred to another department as the emabssy in islamabad is DEFINANTLY moving to UAE...and are currently planning the move i fink they ARE moving it he also said it was bcuz of the political issues in pak n the bomb blast he also said dat the app is being dealt wiv to another department bcuz of the move..he also said i hasnt been rejected or issused either.he said he wud have told me if a decision had bin made..he said the apps that havnt been dealt wiv yet all have been moved to another department in the embassy..he said they are tryin to clear the backlog and not stop the process......he said there cud be a delay buh he didnt say how long...

so realli there isnt much i can do all i can do is wait patiently till the BHC finally make a decision on it....im now prayn it is dealt wiv before eid....

Fingerscrossed - hey i submitted it on the 11th sept it was on a thursday. It has been 2 months since i submitted it dunt now how many days dat makes it i tinks its 45 working days n 62 total number of days not sure..lol cant work it out....yeh i kinda everywere on all the sites....i have had replys beut they are all the same....can u hel

del_piero -no it hasnt changed online..it the same message "application forwared to "......

kam1
Newly Registered

Post by kam1 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:16 am

nazi what is the number your rang? Could you please let me know?

Thanks

Kamran[/b]