ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen entry

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

swordfish
Bangladesh

Schengen entry

Post by swordfish » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:25 am

hi all, first time got 3 month Schengen multi visa as previously travel with EU family member card. i would like to know, My visa issued from latvia but i do not have plan to go this time thr. is it possible to travel spain or other country? my wife who is latvian if that help to give advise.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Schengen entry

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:21 pm

It's legally possible - Schengen visa is valid for all member states unless specified otherwise. However, next time you apply for a Schengen visa processing people may have questions about it as to why did you apply for a Latvian visa and went to Spain, when you needed to apply for a Spanish (for example) visa, so best to avoid.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:29 pm

When you apply for a visa from an embassy, you are expected that will be your first point of entry/main destination where you spend the most time, so you might want to at least try and get to Latvia. However, not sure if you being an EU citizen spouse will have any effect on that, so other members may possibly give their input.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

swordfish
Bangladesh

Post by swordfish » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:05 pm

thanks. been thr lots of time, only reason i’ve applied and paid because it’s the only embassy has appointment on vfs.

when they mean “MAIN” destination, do they mean in same trip or any longest trip during the visa valid?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:54 pm

https://www.eeas.europa.eu/sites/defaul ... ons_en.pdf
Where do I submit my visa application?
You must lodge the application for a Schengen visa at the Consulate of the country that
you intend to visit, or – if you intend to visit more than one Schengen State, the
Consulate of the country of your primary destination (i.e. main purpose of stay or
longest stay).
If you intend to visit several Schengen States and the stays will be of equal length, you
must apply at the Consulate of the country whose external borders you will cross first
when entering the Schengen area.
Not sure what's the right answer, but doubt you plan to visit too far in the future to use multiple visits, while you can.

swordfish
Bangladesh

Post by swordfish » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:51 am

thanks. we do have plan to go thr in October tho.

smah

Post by smah » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:23 pm

Hi, did you travel to Spain as planned and have you had any issues? I have the visa from Italy consulate as only appointment available from there but I need to go Portugal due to family member in Italy have covid . Tha ks for your feedback.