ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRISH CITIZENSHIP PAYMENT IF NORTHERN IRELAND RESIDENT

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

rabwee
Newly Registered
Ireland

IRISH CITIZENSHIP PAYMENT IF NORTHERN IRELAND RESIDENT

Post by rabwee » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:05 pm

Hello, My wife has just been granted Irish Citizenship through marriage and living in Northern Ireland the required time. The letter arrived today informing her she has been granted but the letter asks her to go to the INIS ONLINE to Pay the 950euros fee and upload some documents and passport etc. HOWEVER It also asks to upload a IRP/GNIB CARD. My wife doesnt live in Republic of Ireland and never had these, She has only ever been resident in Northern Ireland. She has the UK residence card instead and full Uk residency under the EU settlement scheme. I have tried to put in those details and the application wont let me or allow me to go forward with the application. I have left it blank and it wont allow me to submit the application without an IRP/GNIB.... Does ANYBODY KNOW WHAT TO DO. Anybody from the North with any experience of this. Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: IRISH CITIZENSHIP PAYMENT IF NORTHERN IRELAND RESIDENT

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:24 pm

Might be a bit to specific as I think that's the first ceremony in a while where they ask you to pay online.
Send them an email? Ask them in a postal letter (the latter helped me to get a response)?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

rabwee
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rabwee » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:28 pm

OK.. Worked it out. I used the UK residence card instead and ONLY PUT in the numbers of the residence card and not the first few letters.

toby2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by toby2020 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:47 pm

rabwee wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:05 pm
Hello, My wife has just been granted Irish Citizenship through marriage and living in Northern Ireland the required time. The letter arrived today informing her she has been granted but the letter asks her to go to the INIS ONLINE to Pay the 950euros fee and upload some documents and passport etc. HOWEVER It also asks to upload a IRP/GNIB CARD. My wife doesnt live in Republic of Ireland and never had these, She has only ever been resident in Northern Ireland. She has the UK residence card instead and full Uk residency under the EU settlement scheme. I have tried to put in those details and the application wont let me or allow me to go forward with the application. I have left it blank and it wont allow me to submit the application without an IRP/GNIB.... Does ANYBODY KNOW WHAT TO DO. Anybody from the North with any experience of this. Thanks
Congrats to your wife

Can i ask when did your wife apply? did she have to send a PSNI check?

Just wondering what the time frame is for apllications from N.Ireland. My wife has sent off her application so just wondering.

Thanks