ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we track the process of citizenship application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alan1973
Ireland

Can we track the process of citizenship application?

Post by alan1973 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:43 pm

Hi
After 7 months, I eventually got my application number. ( sent on 11/21, received application NO on 06/22)
I am wondering if we can track the process by using this number?
Thanks

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Can we track the process of citizenship application?

Post by mentalmind » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:00 pm

No. That number is reference for when getting in touch with ISD. Like providing missing document, asking status of your application (which they give a random answer) and that’s it. No online tracking, no updates.

They get in touch with you either for missing documents, eVetting or approval. Nothing more.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:52 am

alan1973 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:43 pm
Hi
After 7 months, I eventually got my application number. ( sent on 11/21, received application NO on 06/22)
Thanks
Like it was mentioned above, NO - you can't track, this is like blackbox and several stages, based on the information from each stage you can, let say track the way:
1) acknowledgement letter (when you get your reference number)
2) first letter
3) eVetting
4) second letter it is like an approve, then minister is signing, but every stage is important

alan1973
Ireland

Post by alan1973 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:53 pm

jesonnn wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:52 am
alan1973 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
Like it was mentioned above, NO - you can't track, this is like blackbox and several stages, based on the information from each stage you can, let say track the way:
2) first letter
3) eVetting
4) second letter it is like an approve, then minister is signing, but every stage is important
Thanks!
you mentioned first letter above, what is it?
for E-vetting, i guess ISD will send us an email, we signed and email it back and then ISD send us a link by email, am I right?

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:07 pm

alan1973 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:53 pm
jesonnn wrote:
alan1973 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
2) first letter
3) eVetting
Thanks!
for E-vetting, i guess ISD will send us an email, we signed and email it back and then ISD send us a link by email, am I right?
Previously first letter meant the confirmation about your case has moved out of all personal details and you are satisfied all initial requirements, it is not necessary to have it, you may not receive it and directly get the invitation to eVetting (should be email from Garda, prior that, yes it could be a letter you need to full and send by registered post), also you may not receive even second letter which confirms you are fully satisfied all requirements and your case has been transferred to minister for signature, usually minister signs all of the cases, I heard stories some 12-15 years ago minister rejected many cases, so no one can guarantee you are good until getting approval(then you need to pay 950 fee)

alan1973
Ireland

Post by alan1973 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:05 am

jesonnn wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:07 pm
alan1973 wrote:
jesonnn wrote:
alan1973 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
2) first letter
3) eVetting
Thanks!
Previously first letter meant the confirmation about your case has moved out of all personal details and you are satisfied all initial requirements, it is not necessary to have it, you may not receive it and directly get the invitation to eVetting (should be email from Garda, prior that, yes it could be a letter you need to full and send by registered post), also you may not receive even second letter which confirms you are fully satisfied all requirements and your case has been transferred to minister for signature, usually minister signs all of the cases, I heard stories some 12-15 years ago minister rejected many cases, so no one can guarantee you are good until getting approval(then you need to pay 950 fee)
that's very detailed info, thanks.

Do you know which address should we post update info to ? same address as we posted application at first time? or another address ( address showing at the bottom of letter which department of justice sent)?

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:41 am

alan1973 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:05 am
jesonnn wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:07 pm
alan1973 wrote:
jesonnn wrote:
alan1973 wrote:
Hi
Thanks
2) first letter
3) eVetting
Thanks!
that's very detailed info, thanks.

Do you know which address should we post update info to ? same address as we posted application at first time? or another address ( address showing at the bottom of letter which department of justice sent)?
Since you have your reference number, you can use email address: citizenshipinfo@justice.ie, to send your updates, state the changes your have (address for ex) and it should be OK