ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am in Afghanistan and my family left

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rehman441
Newly Registered

I am in Afghanistan and my family left

Post by Rehman441 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:32 am

Hello Everyone,

This is my second post here, got a question if anyone would be able to help.

When American left Afghanistan and the people were leaving, my family also left Afghanistan but at third checkpoint they stopped me and didn't let me go with my family, the person in charge also spoke to my brother who is British Citizen and still didn't let me go, his 2 sons, one of them is British and 1 daughter (British) and wife (Afghan) were allowed but not me. They said I am over 18.

is there anything my brother can do? so he can invite me to UK any help would be great.

Many Thanks:)

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: I am in Afghanistan and my family left

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:09 pm

Hello,

Sorry for that :(

When you are 18+, you become an adult and you lose any immigration option through dependency.

Who is the British citizen? Your brother?

Having a British citizen brother doesn't open any immigration route for you. That's why probably you didn't get any response really. But your brother in the UK can assist you such as helping to obtain a visitor visa or to find some studies in the UK. But it's an immigration route totally independent from your brother.

I am a British citizen, my brother is non-EU, I can't do anything for him apart from inviting him to visit from time to time.