ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick Question: Passport Scan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fata1970
Newly Registered

FLR-M Help please

Post by fata1970 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:35 am

Hello All,
quick questions about my application as I need to plan summer travels.

1)
I am on spouse route and need to do my FLR-M..
Visa sticker on passport 25/11 to 25/12 - 2019
I entered UK on spouse visa 21/12/2019
Dates on BRP 19/11/2019 to 25/8/2022

Which date should I use to apply. I heard about maximum 28-day transferability rule.

My understanding is that I can apply 30 months after entry and before BRP expiry, hence apply on or after 21/6/2022 and before 25/8/2022, is my understanding correct?

2)
Cohabitation documents

In the bank statement (joint account), it has my name and address (when I login with my credentials) and down where it says account name it has both of our names. When my spouse enters the credentials the statement has the spouse name and address and account name has both our names. I hope I am making sense :)
Does this count as one joint document (1 of 6) or I have to treat it a separate and include both (2 of 12)?

Same as the gas bill, company allows one name in the address, so it says "Mr. HUSBAND & others" and address, then down it says Dear Mr. HUSBAND and Mrs. WIFE. Do I count this is joint names?

3)
What is considered the application date? The day I submit the application OR the day I do my biometrics?
In other words if my understanding is correct above and I can only apply after 21/6, can. Submit the application earlier but schedule the biometrics after?

4)
I live in Liverpool but I have to spend the summer in Cardiff, can I do my bio in Cardiff or it has to the city where I reside?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR-M Help please

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:28 am

fata1970 wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:35 am
Hello All,
quick questions about my application as I need to plan summer travels.

1)
I am on spouse route and need to do my FLR-M..
Visa sticker on passport 25/11 to 25/12 - 2019
I entered UK on spouse visa 21/12/2019
Dates on BRP 19/11/2019 to 25/8/2022

Which date should I use to apply. I heard about maximum 28-day transferability rule.

My understanding is that I can apply 30 months after entry and before BRP expiry, hence apply on or after 21/6/2022 and before 25/8/2022, is my understanding correct?
You can apply 28days before reaching 30months in UK counting from your date of entry to UK on initial Spouse visa

2)
Cohabitation documents

In the bank statement (joint account), it has my name and address (when I login with my credentials) and down where it says account name it has both of our names. When my spouse enters the credentials the statement has the spouse name and address and account name has both our names. I hope I am making sense :)
Does this count as one joint document (1 of 6) or I have to treat it a separate and include both (2 of 12)?

Same as the gas bill, company allows one name in the address, so it says "Mr. HUSBAND & others" and address, then down it says Dear Mr. HUSBAND and Mrs. WIFE. Do I count this is joint names?
Joint named, note that should be from different sources spread 3-4 months apart and covering last 2years,

3)
What is considered the application date? The day I submit the application OR the day I do my biometrics? The day of payment and online submission, biometrics appointment can be at a later date.
In other words if my understanding is correct above and I can only apply after 21/6, can. Submit the application earlier but schedule the biometrics after?

4)
I live in Liverpool but I have to spend the summer in Cardiff, can I do my bio in Cardiff or it has to the city where I reside? Can do in Cardiff if you find appointment around the date you want

Thanks

fata1970
Newly Registered

Post by fata1970 » Wed May 04, 2022 10:27 am

Another quick question, and I hope it is not a major issue.

I am using savings for financial evidence. I opened my bank account in UK long time ago (major UK Bank), way before moving to UK. It had my home country address. When I moved to UK I contacted the bank to change my address and they required few documents and visit to the bank, and pam!! Lock down.

I completely forgot about it especially that everything is electronic and also my home country address is still valid (extended family lives there) and I received nothing in the last few years.

Will that be a problem when I submit it as financial evidence (UK Bank with foreign address printed on it)?. This account is purely savings, never touched as all, I only move a pound or two every few months so that it does not go dormant.

Our day-to-day account is another bank and that obviously has our UK address, and we will use for cohabitation evidence.

I just completely forgot about it..

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 06, 2022 1:41 pm

fata1970 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:27 am
Another quick question, and I hope it is not a major issue.

I am using savings for financial evidence. I opened my bank account in UK long time ago (major UK Bank), way before moving to UK. It had my home country address. When I moved to UK I contacted the bank to change my address and they required few documents and visit to the bank, and pam!! Lock down.

I completely forgot about it especially that everything is electronic and also my home country address is still valid (extended family lives there) and I received nothing in the last few years.

Will that be a problem when I submit it as financial evidence (UK Bank with foreign address printed on it)?. This account is purely savings, never touched as all, I only move a pound or two every few months so that it does not go dormant.

Our day-to-day account is another bank and that obviously has our UK address, and we will use for cohabitation evidence.

I just completely forgot about it..
Lockdown and forgetting doesn't sound tenable at this point( not saying it will pose a problem or not)
With the BRP date still a couple of months, you do still have the time to provide what the bank requires of you in effecting change of address.
This will stand you in better stead as its not logical to be presenting a foreign address when you are domicile here and for an application requiring you to be in UK and show that you are.

fata1970
Newly Registered

FLR-M Questions

Post by fata1970 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:23 pm

Hello,
Thanks to all on this board for the valuable advices.

Quick Questions as I am finalizing the application:

1- Asked if I have Children under 18, I have one son (15yo). I answered Yes. Then is he on same application, I answered no, asked why, I answered British Citizen. Then went on and on about the son, who takes care of him, if he has extended family etc then asked for his mom (who is my wife and sponsor) proof of address and birth certificate.
Is this all OK? I was not asked these questions on my initial visa application.
When I filled out the financial part, I was asked to exclude any British citizen child.
I am wondering if I missed anything, or I should not have included his information. Just want to make sure I am doing it right.

2- letter/correspondence: it says 6 joint from 3 different sources and then lists the sources categories.
Can I list from multiple sources under same category. For example, 2 joint statements from 2 different banks, will this count as 4?
Or I must select one source from each category??

3- I requested my border entry/exit records, some travels are not listed, and the trips are not stamped on my passport as I use e-gates in various countries. Do I still need to list these trips? Since it is not showing in the system, will I be asked to provide tickets/boarding pass? DO they actually check the entry/exit databases.

4- the question asks about extended family. I have in-laws etc. but they are not supportive, don't want me to be in the UK. I listed them (names and relationship only) under my son's section as requested. Will they be contacted by UKVI?

Thanks all

fata1970
Newly Registered

Re: FLR-M Questions

Post by fata1970 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:33 pm

Any help please??

Additional Question:
I complete 30-month anniversary 25/6, my BRP expires 25/8. If I wait until closer to 25/8 say 20/8, will I be granted 30 full months from 20/8 ? or it will be prorated to 30 months from 25/6 (my arrival anniversary)?

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:52 pm

fata1970 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:23 pm
Hello,
Thanks to all on this board for the valuable advices.

Quick Questions as I am finalizing the application:

1- Asked if I have Children under 18, I have one son (15yo). I answered Yes. Then is he on same application, I answered no, asked why, I answered British Citizen. Then went on and on about the son, who takes care of him, if he has extended family etc then asked for his mom (who is my wife and sponsor) proof of address and birth certificate.
Is this all OK? I was not asked these questions on my initial visa application.
When I filled out the financial part, I was asked to exclude any British citizen child.
I am wondering if I missed anything, or I should not have included his information. Just want to make sure I am doing it right.They just need to know about your family. Your British child doesn't really count as your immigration dependant. Reason is that the child has access to public funds if needed. You on the other hand need to be self sustaining.

2- letter/correspondence: it says 6 joint from 3 different sources and then lists the sources categories.
Can I list from multiple sources under same category. For example, 2 joint statements from 2 different banks, will this count as 4?
Or I must select one source from each category??
Minimum from 3 different sources. Banks, GP, council, utility bill, official correspondences etc!
3- I requested my border entry/exit records, some travels are not listed, and the trips are not stamped on my passport as I use e-gates in various countries. Do I still need to list these trips? Since it is not showing in the system, will I be asked to provide tickets/boarding pass? DO they actually check the entry/exit databases.I'm sure you don't want to try the UK govt. they have records of what happened in 1635. Just list all the places you went to and when you went there.

4- the question asks about extended family. I have in-laws etc. but they are not supportive, don't want me to be in the UK. I listed them (names and relationship only) under my son's section as requested. Will they be contacted by UKVI? Nope they would not! My guess is that, they just like to create a spiderweb of information. The all knowing eye. Knowing who relates to whom!

Thanks all
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

fata1970
Newly Registered

Post by fata1970 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:37 pm

As a spouse applicant, will I be able to use the UKVISA ID APP instead of visiting the biometric centre?

I did my first spouse application from overseas and I submitted my biometrics to VFS in Dubai. Now this is my first extension

fata1970
Newly Registered

Post by fata1970 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:37 pm

Sorry, submitted the question too soon,
are they still offering the next day decision for spouse?

fata1970
Newly Registered

Quick Question: Passport Scan

Post by fata1970 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:44 pm

The document checklist clearly says they want the sponsor's FULL passport scan including the blank pages. I don't see that explicitly required for the applicant. It only says "The passport issued by Australia for Mr. XXX and the BRP for Mr XXX"

Then later says 'The Australia passport, identity card or official letter for Mr XX to prove the level of English language required"

Can someone confirm if the entire passport scan is needed for the applicant. It is confirmed for the sponsor to prove his/her UK immigration status. Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Quick Question: Passport Scan

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:21 pm

fata1970 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:44 pm
The document checklist clearly says they want the sponsor's FULL passport scan including the blank pages. I don't see that explicitly required for the applicant. It only says "The passport issued by Australia for Mr. XXX and the BRP for Mr XXX"

Then later says 'The Australia passport, identity card or official letter for Mr XX to prove the level of English language required"

Can someone confirm if the entire passport scan is needed for the applicant. It is confirmed for the sponsor to prove his/her UK immigration status. Thanks
Biodata page, all pages containing immigration history I.e. visa vignettes, entry and exit stamps may suffice however it cost nothing to scan all pages.

fata1970
Newly Registered

Post by fata1970 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:18 pm

I see many people talk about cover letters,

For FLR(M), do we need cover letter? If so, what to write there. I am planning just submitting the required documents. Any particular templates?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:41 pm

Cover letter is not required!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:25 pm

fata1970 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:18 pm
I see many people talk about cover letters,

For FLR(M), do we need cover letter? If so, what to write there. I am planning just submitting the required documents. Any particular templates?
If you are asking if you need it, probably an indication you don't need a cover letter. There is no template, it's contents is as it applies to your circumstances