ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa sponsorship amount

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Visitor visa sponsorship amount

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:04 am

Divu wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:48 am
Hello!
Please can someone help me with this question? I am getting my mum's jewels valued for her visitor visa.

Someone suggested that we can open a fixed deposit by applying for a jewel loan instead. I am worried if it will be an issue if we do a fixed deposit a week or 2 before the visa process? Please note, that I am still going to be the financial sponsor for my mum's visa. This is just to strengthen her financials as her bank balance is not that great at the moment.

Any advice will be much appreciated!
I'd advise against that. 2 weeks to the time is way too close. Heck 2 months to the application is close. One thing they hate the most is sudden money. It just feels wrong.
Your mum has been here before and left. Trust established. You want to sponsor you mum to come over and see you, nothing wrong with that either.
She starts valuing her jewels, maybe selling land, re-mortgaging her property etc. Not so good.
Your mum is probably retired, not too many retirees have access to tons of cash.

Your income and savings should be enough to show that she'd be taken care of.

State in her invite letter, that you would be responsible for her ticket, accommodation and general up keep whilst she's here in the UK. Say where you and your spouse work. It's nice to know that there's enough income in your family to sustain the lot of you.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Divu

Post by Divu » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:36 pm

Hello Everyone,

Please can someone guide me on what I can show as evidence of the relationship between myself and my mother?! Seems like that is one of the required documents and I am unsure what to show. Her name is on the back of my passport. Is that sufficient proof?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:10 pm

Divu wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:36 pm
Please can someone guide me on what I can show as evidence of the relationship between myself and my mother?
Birth certificate.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Divu

Post by Divu » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:07 am

Unfortunately, I do not hold the birth certificate and applying for it is going to take longer. The appointment is on Friday :-( Given we had already gone through this process, will this be an issue? My mum has a ration card which has my name on it. I can somehow get that translated. And I am also the nominee on my mum's bank account. Will any of these work?

Divu

Post by Divu » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:19 pm

Hello Experts! I am helping my mum to write her cover letter for her appointment. I am currently financially supporting my mum and my question is, should we explicitly mention this? I have read a few rejection messages and it sounded like the visa officer did not know where the funds are coming from and that it didn't give them a clear picture. So I am wondering if it is better if we are being honest and give them an accurate picture?

damWills1984
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by damWills1984 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:12 pm

The application form asks how much income your mum gets.
So if you have put she receives X then you have to show where this X came from.

Be it from her pension, rental income, or in this case money coming from you. Then don't like seeing money in her account without a valid reason.