ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling while waiting for British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cssprashant
India

Travelling while waiting for British Passport

Post by cssprashant » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:41 am

Please could I check if there is any way to travel in and out of the UK while waiting for the British Passport?

I have an Indian Passport at the moment and will be taking oath next week and applying for the British Passport. Considering the current processing time of 10 weeks, currently, it looks like I cant travel in and out of the country for 10 weeks.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Travelling while waiting for British Passport

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:20 pm

cssprashant wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:41 am
Please could I check if there is any way to travel in and out of the UK while waiting for the British Passport?

I have an Indian Passport at the moment and will be taking oath next week and applying for the British Passport. Considering the current processing time of 10 weeks, currently, it looks like I cant travel in and out of the country for 10 weeks.
In order for you to process your British passport, you current (Indian) passport would be required to be submitted to the HMPO. Not sure how you intend to travel without a passport.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

cssprashant
India

Post by cssprashant » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:37 am

Sorry, I wasnt aware of this though I just need to send the naturalisation letter so based on what you said my Q doesn't make sense.

Also I would assume I would get the British passport along with the documents I submitted together so I cant really travel before I have the passport.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:01 am

cssprashant wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:37 am
Sorry, I wasnt aware of this though I just need to send the naturalisation letter so based on what you said my Q doesn't make sense.

Also I would assume I would get the British passport along with the documents I submitted together so I cant really travel before I have the passport.
Once you fill the online form, the system then sends a mail to your referee to confirm knowing you. After that is done, you get an email from HMPO to send your naturalisation cert and all uncancelled passports to them at a certain address. If you have 5 different nationalities, you have to send all 5 passports :lol: .

You would get your British passport 1st. Your naturalisation certs and other supporting docs would be sent to you at a later date.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:13 pm