ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delima: Renew Stamp 4 OR apply for Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sajkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Delima: Renew Stamp 4 OR apply for Naturalisation

Post by Sajkhan » Tue May 17, 2022 8:25 pm

Hi all,
Can someone please give advise/suggestion . My sister who is married to Irish Citizen. Her 3 years residency in Ireland is going to complete in early July and her current spouse Visa will expire at the same time. Do we need to apply for Naturalisation or extend her Visa first -Stamp 4 :?

Really appreciate you help .

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Delima: Renew Stamp 4 OR apply for Naturalisation

Post by meself2 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:29 pm

Her application for naturalization is not going to give her any legal right to stay in Ireland on its own and approximate timelines from naturalization to approval are about 2 years at this point.
She has to extend her legal residency one way or another, so Stamp 4 is the way to go. Nothing stops her from applying for naturalization as soon as she's fulfilled the requirements, though.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Sajkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sajkhan » Wed May 18, 2022 7:40 am

Thank you! :)

Sajkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sajkhan » Thu May 19, 2022 9:19 pm

One last question , how early can we apply is it 28 days before her current Stamp 4 Visa expires ?

Thanks

Sajkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sajkhan » Thu May 19, 2022 9:21 pm

Please ignore above question , just find out .

You can only renew within 30 days of the expiry date on your current IRP card.

Thanks

Sajkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sajkhan » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:42 pm

I have applied for the extension of Stamp 4 , but one of the lawyer we went to is asking to apply for the Neutralisation ASAP even though 3 years period is going to complete in 3 weeks time . Any Idea if we can do this ?

Thanks

Sajkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sajkhan » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:43 pm

I have applied for the extension of Stamp 4 , but one of the lawyer we went to is asking to apply for the Neutralisation ASAP even though 3 years period is going to complete in 3 weeks time . Any Idea if we can do this ?

Thanks

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:05 pm

Sajkhan wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:43 pm

Thanks
Did your lawyer buy his degree? Just kidding

I would not apply early.

When an applicant meets the number of days requirements, then one can apply.

Note that one has to fill the residency calculator and print the page showing that one meets the residency requirements.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/natural ... alculator/

Good luck!

Sajkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sajkhan » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:13 pm

Thanks I thought the same :D

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:51 am

Sajkhan wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:42 pm

Thanks
This is a strategy some doggy immigration solicitors love to use. It could trick some applicants into paying for extra money that they shouldn’t have paid.

Solicitors know very well that they cannot post the application one day early. But they also know that if they say they could post your application now, you may choose their service over someone else’s.

They simply sign your application form with a future date, and keep your application form with them until that date before posting it out. With the acknowledgment letter coming back anywhere between a few weeks to a few months, applicants will have no idea when the application was truly submitted.

Sajkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sajkhan » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:08 pm

Totally Agree!

Thanks

Sajkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sajkhan » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:43 pm

Also it has been almost 3 weeks since we applied for Stamp 4 extension and did not even get acknowledgment, Is this normal ?

the website I applied is https://inisonline.jahs.ie/user/login . When I look under Myforms is shows Submitted(1) .

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:35 pm

Sajkhan wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:43 pm
Also it has been almost 3 weeks since we applied for Stamp 4 extension and did not even get acknowledgment, Is this normal ?

the website I applied is https://inisonline.jahs.ie/user/login . When I look under Myforms is shows Submitted(1) .
Did you get an email with OREG number? Check your spam/junk folders.
In most cases acknowledgement email arrives almost instantly, as it's automatic.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Sajkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sajkhan » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:51 pm

unfortunately I cant find anything checked Spam/Deleted items . Does anyone what would be the Subject so i can search .

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:31 pm

Sajkhan wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:51 pm
unfortunately I cant find anything checked Spam/Deleted items . Does anyone what would be the Subject so i can search .

Thanks
ISD Online Renewal - Acknowledgement email from noreply@inisonline.jahs.ie
There were some cases reported without OREG number (like ireland/irp-renewal-no-acknowledgement- ... 26767.html) and it's usually not a good sign, unfortunately.

Sajkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sajkhan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:50 pm

What do you mean by not a good sign ?

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:48 pm

Sajkhan wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:50 pm
What do you mean by not a good sign ?

Thanks
It might mean your application kind of fell through the cracks and not really in the system, but I'm not sure.

Sajkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sajkhan » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:25 pm

I applied 2nd time and received the confirmation. Now I am applying for her Neutralisation and have a question . Do we need to wait for her Stamp 4 Visa extension or Can we apply while that Visa is in process.If we can then as a proof that She is legally staying in Ireland do we need to provide Confirmation of Stamp 4 Visa ?

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:04 pm

Sajkhan wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:25 pm
I applied 2nd time and received the confirmation. Now I am applying for her Neutralisation and have a question . Do we need to wait for her Stamp 4 Visa extension or Can we apply while that Visa is in process.If we can then as a proof that She is legally staying in Ireland do we need to provide Confirmation of Stamp 4 Visa ?

Thanks
You need to send in the copy of an IRP card with the application if not from EEA. As I assume their current IRP is not in date and not be regarded as valid, you'd have to wait for an extension.

Sajkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sajkhan » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:40 pm

Thanks and Yes , She is Non-EEA. When they renew IRP will the renewal date will be right after her IRP expiry . Reason I am asking is that we have been told that if there will be gap between expiry of IRP and new date then She has to wait another 1 year before She could apply for Naturalisation . Is this true ?

Her IRP expired 8/07/2022 , Applied for renewal 8/06/2022 .
Her 1095 days are completed .

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:45 pm

Sajkhan wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:40 pm
Thanks and Yes , She is Non-EEA. When they renew IRP will the renewal date will be right after her IRP expiry . Reason I am asking is that we have been told that if there will be gap between expiry of IRP and new date then She has to wait another 1 year before She could apply for Naturalisation . Is this true ?

Her IRP expired 8/07/2022 , Applied for renewal 8/06/2022 .
Her 1095 days are completed .
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/notice- ... -may-2022/
This temporary permission means that people who held a valid permission to be in the State in March 2020 are legally permitted to remain until 31 May 2022 even if their Irish Residence Permit (IRP) card has expired and they are awaiting a new one.
Please note that, in relation to renewals in the Dublin area, ISD is experiencing a very large volume of applications. The current processing time to renew a permission is 10 weeks. It can then take a further two weeks to receive a new IRP card. If your employee’s IRP card has expired and they are unable to obtain a valid registration card by 31 May 2022, they are still legally permitted to remain in the State provided they show proof that they have applied to renew their registration and are waiting for it to be processed. All renewals are
processed online and applicants are issued with a receipt of application and a unique application number (OREG number).
She is legally in the state and applied as early as possible. It shouldn't be held against her as long as you can explain it in the cover letter.