ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finding a Sponsored Software Engineer job during the PSW Visa period

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jxhzxn
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Finding a Sponsored Software Engineer job during the PSW Visa period

Post by jxhzxn » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:57 am

Hi,

Currently I'm a Software Engineer Undergrad and planning to go to UK for Masters next year
I have read about the Visa rules that after completing the MSc I'll be getting the PSW Visa to 2 years where during that period I will have to find a Sponsored Job to convert the PSW Visa to a Tier - 2 Visa which will count towards getting the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

When I was reading articles, many people have mentioned that it is very competitive to find a Sponsored Job in the UK after completing the MSc. My doubt is, how likely is it to find a sponsored Software Engineering job in the UK during the 2 years stay in PSW? Does the UK have a solid future for Software Engineers? My ultimate goal is to settle in the UK and to become a Citizen of the country. I'm really worried that I might have to return to Sri Lanka after the 2 years of PSW if I don't find a Sponsored Job during that time.

Do UK have good demand for Software Engineers?

Please give me some advice and I want to know whether it is possible to find a Sponsored Software Engineer Job after completing my MSc so that I can get the ILR and then Apply for the Citizenship.

SarahButler
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Finding a Sponsored Software Engineer job during the PSW Visa period

Post by SarahButler » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:19 pm

Software engineer is very high demand field and with little effort you can find a good sponsor for your visa.

niamul21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: Finding a Sponsored Software Engineer job during the PSW Visa period

Post by niamul21 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:51 am

SarahButler wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:19 pm
Software engineer is very high demand field and with little effort you can find a good sponsor for your visa.
I'm pretty much agree with you here in this case.