ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Form Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Naturalisation Form Questions

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:13 am

can someone please advise on below naturalisation form questions:

1. "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"
Do I need to include all my previous visa like Visit/Business travel before I migrated to UK in 2010 for work?

2. Name in which you made the previous application?

Do I need to put my name or its asking visa category name?

3. I've got 2 PCN both of which I paid within 14 days. One of them is parking ticket and other is taking right turn on a no right turn road. Do I need to disclose them? if yes, where and how?

4. I need to travel in last week of July. if I submit my application now, do we get Biometric appointment within next 30 days?

Please advise. thanks a lot. regards

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalisation Form Questions

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:42 am

mukesh_bhatt9 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:13 am
can someone please advise on below naturalisation form questions:

1. "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"
Do I need to include all my previous visa like Visit/Business travel before I migrated to UK in 2010 for work? Those are non-immigrant visas. Anything that allows you to spend more than 6 months here is an immigrant visa.

2. Name in which you made the previous application? Full names used. Women change names from original to married names. Or you might have gone to court and changed your names.

Do I need to put my name or its asking visa category name?

3. I've got 2 PCN both of which I paid within 14 days. One of them is parking ticket and other is taking right turn on a no right turn road. Do I need to disclose them? if yes, where and how? If nay was issued by the police, then you need to declare. If it was just parking council officers, then no need.

4. I need to travel in last week of July. if I submit my application now, do we get Biometric appointment within next 30 days? Only the system would tell you that. You might want to pay for the paid for ones in that case.

Please advise. thanks a lot. regards
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:32 pm

Thanks a lot. Very helpful. Other questions I have are:

1.On gov.uk website at one place, it says, “You must apply separately for your children.” Whereas on other page, it says “In your application, you can also include family members. Each person included in the application will be assessed against the statutory requirements in their own right.”

It’s confusing to me.

2. Since I’ll be applying for all 4 of us, me, spouse and 2 children age 13 and 15 altogether as we got our 10 yr ILR together as well last year.
I hope we can apply using the online link below ?
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1656007155

Kindly help clarify. Thanks a lot again.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:21 pm

Using the online application (the link you have) at the end of adult 1 application add adult 2, for AN Naturalisation, then child 1 and child 2, for the children the system will adjust the application to MN1 Registration. It is correct that all applicants will be assessed individually against the requirements. Note that citizenship applications are not under immigration rules, they have their own basis in law and separate requirements.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:03 am

Thanks. So using same link, my and spouse application will be considered under AN and for kids it will be MN1. Correct? Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:49 am

mukesh_bhatt9 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:03 am
Thanks. So using same link, my and spouse application will be considered under AN and for kids it will be MN1. Correct? Thanks
Correct - naturalisation is for adults 18+, registration for under 18s.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:20 pm

thanks. But AN form should be used by someone else as below.

"Form AN
Application for naturalisation as a British citizen
To be used by people in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and British
overseas territories, and by people who live elsewhere and want to apply
by post."

Since I'm applying online, Should I say yes or no to question below:

Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on an AN form?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:36 pm

mukesh_bhatt9 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:20 pm
thanks. But AN form should be used by someone else as below.

"Form AN
Application for naturalisation as a British citizen
To be used by people in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and British
overseas territories, and by people who live elsewhere and want to apply
by post."
This is for the paper application only - if you apply from within the UK you are expected to use online AN application.

Since I'm applying online, Should I say yes or no to question below: Yes - clearly this is the case ...

Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on an AN form?

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:43 pm

thanks again. probably the last one

-can My referees be the refrees for my family members too? I'm using a company director - as referee on professional side and I'm answering this question. would this suffice?

Q. How does the referee know the applicant?

A. Knows personally as main applicant's son

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:29 pm

mukesh_bhatt9 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:43 pm
thanks again. probably the last one

-can My referees be the refrees for my family members too? I'm using a company director - as referee on professional side and I'm answering this question. would this suffice? For the adults yes - for children though it is stated: "One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion." If you are unable to find those referees (or they are unwilling) for children you can use your own ones and include a note that you had difficulties getting child professional referees. Caseworkers are aware that applicants sometimes have problems finding the appropriate referees for children.

Q. How does the referee know the applicant?

A. Knows personally as main applicant's son
Perhaps "Family friend" or "Father's colleague" - note that the applications may not all be processed by one caseworker so referring to another applicant may not be clear.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:33 pm

thanks a lot. we will do this accordingly. much appreciated. regards

mukesh

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:24 am

could I please check with someone - what dates the appointment for biometrics (naturalisation) are currently available? Not sure if I can get block my appointment before I finish my online application? I need to fly on 25th July so thought I can finish my application now but I want to ensure dates are available free or additional cost. please suggest. thanks

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:01 pm

Do I have to return my BRP immediately after the approval email is received or after the oath ceremony is complete?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:05 pm

After the ceremony. You are only British once the ceremony is complete.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:27 am

Thanks. In our case of 4 family members, can we not apply for parents naturalisation only for now? After we become British citizen, children won’t need to be naturalised and thus would apply for British passport directly? This will save the cost.
Please guide

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:42 am

mukesh_bhatt9 wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:27 am
Thanks. In our case of 4 family members, can we not apply for parents naturalisation only for now? After we become British citizen, children won’t need to be naturalised and thus would apply for British passport directly? This will save the cost.
Please guide
It doesn't work like this .... British citizenship isn't conferred onto children retrospectively.
Only children you may have after becoming British will be British themselves.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:14 pm

Thank you. Regarding referral, I’ve sent the scanned copy of declaration form (with photo and name) to my referee to sign , scan again and return it. Would this be acceptable? Please advise.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:35 pm

mukesh_bhatt9 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:14 pm
Thank you. Regarding referral, I’ve sent the scanned copy of declaration form (with photo and name) to my referee to sign , scan again and return it. Would this be acceptable? Please advise.
I think that's what many people do as it's uploaded anyway.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:42 pm

Thanks for quick response. After unloading the signed referral form, do we need to submit the signed forms to UKVCAS at the time of biometric ? I guess yes, otherwise who/how will someone read the name/DOB written opposite the picture on the declaration form?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:57 pm

mukesh_bhatt9 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:42 pm
Thanks for quick response. After unloading the signed referral form, do we need to submit the signed forms to UKVCAS at the time of biometric ? I guess yes, otherwise who/how will someone read the name/DOB written opposite the picture on the declaration form?
No - the biometrics appointment is for the biometrics only. UKVCAS just collect the biometrics and ensure documents have been loaded. Only UKVI nationality caseworkers will check your referee documents against their requirements.

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:32 pm

I have managed to get the school teacher as referee for my 12 year old son. However teacher can only provide school address instead of her personal home address. Would this be acceptable to Home office? My only concern is it makes the next question “have they lived at this address over 3 years?” Incorrect.

Please can you advise? Thanks

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:46 am

Can someone please advise on school address question? Teacher has provided all information
except home address. She gave the school address though. Can I use school address as address lived for 3 years ?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:55 am

mukesh_bhatt9 wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:46 am
Can someone please advise on school address question? Teacher has provided all information
except home address. She gave the school address though. Can I use school address as address lived for 3 years ?
Not sure the HO is really fussy about kids. Yes, it does make the next part of the question tricky as you rightly mentioned. Guess you can ask the teacher if he/she has been at the school for 3 years.
Teacher clearly doesn't trust you with his/her home address which is understandable. You seem to be at an impasse!

My advise would be to give it a go. If the HO don't like it, they'd ask you to provide another referee. So start looking for a backup referee to be on standby. Application can't be refused on that.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

mukesh_bhatt9
Mood:
India

Post by mukesh_bhatt9 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:47 am

thanks for the advise. Actually my first refree for child is also a professional (director/CEO of a company) who I'm using as professional referee for my and spouse's referee. so infact for child, we will have two professionals. so should be fine?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:47 pm

mukesh_bhatt9 wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:47 am
thanks for the advise. Actually my first refree for child is also a professional (director/CEO of a company) who I'm using as professional referee for my and spouse's referee. so infact for child, we will have two professionals. so should be fine? Not a problem