ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - Application Form Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anub2016
Mood:

Citizenship - Referee Declaration Forms

Post by anub2016 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:43 am

Hi,

Could the Moderators and the Experts please advise if it would be acceptable by the Home Office / Caseworker if I fill in the Referee Declaration Forms (Name of applicant, Full Name and Date) myself and get my Referees to just sign the Forms against the 'Signature' field?

Is there a requirement that those Forms must be filled in the Referees' handwriting and could cause issues if they see the same handwriting (which would be mine) on both the Declaration Forms?

That way, I will be able to make sure that the details are legible to the Caseworker and no spelling mistakes are made by the Referees accidentally.

Many Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship - Referee Declaration Forms

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:28 am

As long as the referees sign/date themselves shouldn't be a problem.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:00 pm

Thank you.

Would it be fine if I just ask my Referees to sign the Forms and not Date the Forms for now as I can then fill in the Date myself closer to the date of submission of the application, so it is dated within a month of the application?

Do you know of cases where the applicants have filled in the Forms themselves and have just got the Referees to sign them and this has not impacted the application in any way?

Many Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:42 pm

The date of the referee declarations are not that critical, as long as within reasonable timeframe either before or after submission of application, Not sure where the one month requirement is from, though that's a reasonable time. As far as I can remember there have been no issues reported around referee declarations - there are no hard and fast rules covering every eventuality.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:50 pm

Thank you. I really appreciate your time in responding to my queries.

Just to be clear, would it be fine if I fill in all the details myself, including the Date, and just get the Referees to sign the Forms?

Many Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:52 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:50 pm
Thank you. I really appreciate your time in responding to my queries.

Just to be clear, would it be fine if I fill in all the details myself, including the Date, and just get the Referees to sign the Forms?

Many Thanks.
As already answered - As long as the referees sign/date themselves shouldn't be a problem.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:00 pm

"As already answered - As long as the referees sign/date themselves shouldn't be a problem."

Apologies if I am asking the same question again, but do you mean that the Referee should both sign and date the Form or would just signing the Form be fine as well?

Many Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:49 pm

A person signing something should also date the signature - this is my own personal preference having been a professional in business.
As I said the timing of the referee signatures is not critical - but it's up to you.

mediterrone
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by mediterrone » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:17 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:42 pm
The date of the referee declarations are not that critical, as long as within reasonable timeframe either before or after submission of application, Not sure where the one month requirement is from, though that's a reasonable time. As far as I can remember there have been no issues reported around referee declarations - there are no hard and fast rules covering every eventuality.
OK - I'm in a bit of an odd situation: would January be OK in your view for an applications to be submitted this week? Or to stay on the safe side should I get them to re date/sign?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:56 pm

mediterrone wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:17 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:42 pm
OK - I'm in a bit of an odd situation: would January be OK in your view for an applications to be submitted this week? Or to stay on the safe side should I get them to re date/sign?
I would get them to re-sign/date - as you say, to be on the safe side.
Also, it reminds them that they have given the declaration for your application, it is an important input, though they are unlikely to be involved any further.

anub2016
Mood:

Citizenship - Application Form Queries

Post by anub2016 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:42 am

Hi,

With regard to the question Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English, I have specified Tier 2 (General) and Settlement (ILR) visas where I had to provide my Degree and NARIC Certificates.

I have also been on T2 ICT Short Term Staff Partner and T2 ICT Long Term Staff Partner visas in 2014 and 2015 before my Tier 2 (General) visa was granted.

I cannot recollect if the Knowledge of English was required to be proven for these two Dependant visas and if these two visas should be mentioned for the above question on the Application Form.

Please could I request the Moderators to advise.

Many Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Citizenship - Application Form Queries

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:36 am

anub2016 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:42 am
Hi,

With regard to the question Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English, I have specified Tier 2 (General) and Settlement (ILR) visas where I had to provide my Degree and NARIC Certificates.

I have also been on T2 ICT Short Term Staff Partner and T2 ICT Long Term Staff Partner visas in 2014 and 2015 before my Tier 2 (General) visa was granted.

I cannot recollect if the Knowledge of English was required to be proven for these two Dependant visas and if these two visas should be mentioned for the above question on the Application Form.

Many Thanks.
The Answer will be Yes. Solely with the Tier 2 General you would have had to prove your knowledge of English so no need to be worried about the ICT dependant one.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:30 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:36 am
anub2016 wrote:
Hi,

Many Thanks.
The Answer will be Yes. Solely with the Tier 2 General you would have had to prove your knowledge of English so no need to be worried about the ICT dependant one.
Thank you. Did you answer Yes to mentioning T2 General and ILR on the Form?

As far as I can remember, I did not have to submit my Degree etc. at the time of applying for the Dependant visas. So, I think I do not need to mention the Dependant visas for this question on the Form.

Has someone else had the same immigration circumstances and not mentioned the Dependant visas for this question?
Can the Moderators/ Experts advise please?

Many Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:12 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:30 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:36 am
anub2016 wrote:
Hi,

Many Thanks.
Thank you. Did you answer Yes to mentioning T2 General and ILR on the Form? Correct.

As far as I can remember, I did not have to submit my Degree etc. at the time of applying for the Dependant visas. So, I think I do not need to mention the Dependant visas for this question on the Form.

Has someone else had the same immigration circumstances and not mentioned the Dependant visas for this question?
Can the Moderators/ Experts advise please?

Many Thanks.

anub2016
Mood:

Citizenship - Referee Declaration Forms

Post by anub2016 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:41 am

Hi,

Please could the Experts/Moderators advise if it is fine to get the Referee Forms filled in Blue ink?

Many Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:42 am

anub2016 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:41 am
Hi,

Please could the Experts/Moderators advise if it is fine to get the Referee Forms filled in Blue ink?

Many Thanks.
No issue.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:45 pm

Hi,

On the Application Form for Naturalisation, for the question Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? which asks about the Date of Application, Date fingerprints were taken etc., is it fine to use the BRP number in the Application Reference field?

Please could the Experts/Moderators advise.

Many Thanks.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:50 am

anub2016 wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:45 pm
Hi,

On the Application Form for Naturalisation, for the question Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? which asks about the Date of Application, Date fingerprints were taken etc., is it fine to use the BRP number in the Application Reference field?

Many Thanks.
Please could I request the Moderators/Experts to advise.

Many Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:42 am

anub2016 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:50 am
anub2016 wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:45 pm
Hi,

Many Thanks.
Please could I request the Moderators/Experts to advise.

Many Thanks.
Use any reference(s) you have - BRP shouldn't be an issue.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:37 pm

Hi,

Could you please advise if the ICT Dependants are required to prove knowledge of English through their Degree?

This is in regard to the question on the Application Form Tell us the previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain you had where you had to prove your knowledge of English.

I have responded Tier 2 (General), Settlement (ILR) to this question, but I have also been on T2 ICT Dependant visas in 2014 and 2015 before my General visa was issued.

Should I mention these Dependant visas for this question as well?

Please could I request the Moderators/ Experts to advise.

Many Thanks.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:38 pm

Please could I request the Moderators/ Experts to advise.

Many Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:10 pm

Not quite sure what the issue is .... as it asks "tell us the previous .... or ...." I believe it's sufficient to just mention the last time you had to prove English (normally that's ILR). The question doesn't ask for all instances of English proof.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:16 pm

Have you had any other work over the past 10 years or since you came to the UK?

I have not been in the UK for 10 years. So, do I need to specify previous employment details from my country of origin?

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:43 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:16 pm

I have not been in the UK for 10 years. So, do I need to specify previous employment details from my country of origin?
I have just noticed that the question no longer appears on the application's Check your answers page or in the downloaded Application PDF.

Is anyone aware if this question has been removed from the Application Form?

Many Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:33 am

anub2016 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:43 pm
anub2016 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:16 pm

I have just noticed that the question no longer appears on the application's Check your answers page or in the downloaded Application PDF.

Is anyone aware if this question has been removed from the Application Form?

Many Thanks.
The employment history requirement was removed with the last update to the rules. Only current employment needs to be stated. If it's not on the current form it's not required.