ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for One Parent and Child

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shridhar26
India

OCI for One Parent and Child

Post by Shridhar26 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:56 pm

Father : British Citizen, Have received Indian Passport Surrender Certificate
Mother : PBS Dependent Visa, Indian Passport
Child : British Citizen by Birth

I am planning to Apply OCI for myself and child together and only i will be attending the appointment.

Based on other discussion threads, since we are in married relationship , i don't think i need to provide any consent letter from wife. Can someone please confirm if this right. As i don't have any status with India at the moment(Need to apply for OCI as stated above), Can i still represent child or do i need to get any consent letter from wife since she holds Indian Passport?
Is there any other specific document i need to provide from wife apart from Indian Passport and Visa?

Also one more query, can we apply OCI from india, just in case we decide to travel on tourist visa and apply OCI from India.
Is it quicker this way?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: OCI for One Parent and Child

Post by dontringthebell » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:09 am

Shridhar26 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:56 pm
Father : British Citizen, Have received Indian Passport Surrender Certificate
Mother : PBS Dependent Visa, Indian Passport
Child : British Citizen by Birth

I am planning to Apply OCI for myself and child together and only i will be attending the appointment.

Based on other discussion threads, since we are in married relationship , i don't think i need to provide any consent letter from wife. Can someone please confirm if this right. As i don't have any status with India at the moment(Need to apply for OCI as stated above), Can i still represent child or do i need to get any consent letter from wife since she holds Indian Passport? yes you can represent the child, though consent letter is required.
Is there any other specific document i need to provide from wife apart from Indian Passport and Visa?No

Also one more query, can we apply OCI from india, just in case we decide to travel on tourist visa and apply OCI from India. yes you can through the concerned FRRO,
Is it quicker this way? a month, though costly in the end, cost of visa + cost of oci applied india (less compared to cost in UK)

https://www.mea.gov.in/images/pdf/oci-faq.pdf
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

Shridhar26
India

Post by Shridhar26 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:01 pm

Thank you, just to confirm Since I have renounced indian passport, now do we need to apply child oci on basis of mother indian passport?
If above is true, is consent letter from mother enough for me to attend the appointment? Or does the mother and child need to be present during appointment?

What should be the content of consent letter. Is it some thing like "I am happy for my spouse to represent for child oci appointment in my absence?"

I am planning to travel VFS belfast since there are no near appointments in Birmingham. So I just wanted to ensure everything right.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:01 pm

Shridhar26 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:01 pm
Thank you, just to confirm Since I have renounced indian passport, now do we need to apply child oci on basis of mother indian passport? Your child if registered as indian begore registering as british, can apply as direct claim. If child was registered directlyas british can claim on the basis of either of the parents since even you were indian citizenat some point in time.
If above is true, is consent letter from mother enough for me to attend the appointment? Consent letter is required irrespective of above, its basically a consent that one parent would represent both, and both parents are sure of consent to making an application. Or does the mother and child need to be present during appointment? Not required

What should be the content of consent letter. Is it some thing like "I am happy for my spouse to represent for child oci appointment in my absence?" Yes

I am planning to travel VFS belfast since there are no near appointments in Birmingham. So I just wanted to ensure everything right. Thats fine, you're good.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

Shridhar26
India

Post by Shridhar26 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:57 am

Thank you, One more question, Can we apply for Visitor visa while OCI is still in progress. I am thinking if OCI gets delayed or rejected for any reason, can we apply for visitor visa in parallel?
I saw couple of other threads related to this but those seem to be outdated.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:55 am

Shridhar26 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:57 am
Thank you, One more question, Can we apply for Visitor visa while OCI is still in progress. I am thinking if OCI gets delayed or rejected for any reason, can we apply for visitor visa in parallel?
I saw couple of other threads related to this but those seem to be outdated.
Yes, there is nothing that stops from progressing with concurrent applications.