ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending While Traveling

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Extending While Traveling

Post by waleed205 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:28 pm

The best time for me to apply for FLR-M is now. I’m I’m outside UK now. Can I apply, pay, book appointment while outside and then attend the biometric appointment when I return.
The reason I’m asking is I read somewhere that if I leave while waiting on decision is considered abandoning application.

As a husband, will I have the opportunity to register and upload my documents using ukvcas is app?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Extending While Traveling

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:53 pm

waleed205 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:28 pm
The best time for me to apply for FLR-M is now. I’m I’m outside UK now. Can I apply, pay, book appointment while outside and then attend the biometric appointment when I return.
The reason I’m asking is I read somewhere that if I leave while waiting on decision is considered abandoning application.

As a husband, will I have the opportunity to register and upload my documents using ukvcas is app?
Further Leave to Remain - FLR M is an application that should be made while you are in the UK not from outside.
Ensure you are in the UK when you submit the application.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:07 pm

I did on my first term spouse visa and I did my initial visa application abroad. Will I be invited to submit my photos in the app?

I see a lot of people are asking about the APP now..

it says if HO has my fingerprints but I did the initial overseas but I’m sure they were transferred to HO in UK.

Any opinions??

ukvisa123

Post by ukvisa123 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:35 am

Hi, on our initial application my partner submitted biometrics abroad, he was asked to attend biometrics moreover the requirement is to apply from within UK and prove that you lived together for 2 years

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:34 pm

ukvisa123 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:35 am
Hi, on our initial application my partner submitted biometrics abroad, he was asked to attend biometrics moreover the requirement is to apply from within UK and prove that you lived together for 2 years
Hi thanks for the reply. I assume you mean the first biometric was submitted overseas, and then he was asked to attend biometric again during extension, is this correct?

Yes I am aware of all other requirements, it would just have saved me so much time if I can finalize everything now and then just attend the biometric when I arrive and would have arranged days away from work. I would have taged it with my current off days. Now, I have to arrive in UK, then submit application and pay and hope to get the Super Priority otherwise I have to "refresh" application as I read somewhere at 1 am etc, not even sure what this means. Any help in this is appreciated..

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:00 am

waleed205 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:34 pm
ukvisa123 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:35 am
Hi thanks for the reply. I assume you mean the first biometric was submitted overseas, and then he was asked to attend biometric again during extension, is this correct?

Yes I am aware of all other requirements, it would just have saved me so much time if I can finalize everything now and then just attend the biometric when I arrive and would have arranged days away from work. I would have taged it with my current off days. Now, I have to arrive in UK, then submit application and pay and hope to get the Super Priority otherwise I have to "refresh" application as I read somewhere at 1 am etc, not even sure what this means. Any help in this is appreciated..
Pretty much everyone is originally outside trying to get in, that's why it's call "Leave to enter". The second phase is "Further Leave to Remain", you can't remain when you're outside. So you have to be in country for this to be processed.
You can fill the form from anywhere, but please don't submit the form until you're in the UK.

Super Priority isn't easy to get these days and people have reported getting new slots at that early hour of the day. You never know until you try it.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:44 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]Pretty much everyone is originally outside trying to get in, that's why it's call "Leave to enter". The second phase is "Further Leave to Remain", you can't remain when you're outside. So you have to be in country for this to be processed.
You can fill the form from anywhere, but please don't submit the form until you're in the UK.

Super Priority isn't easy to get these days and people have reported getting new slots at that early hour of the day. You never know until you try it.
[/quote]

Hi, thanks for the feedback.. I am ready, I get in tomorrow night, so I plan to jump in and submit right away. I have been saving the application, not sure if they track the IP address while saving, so I thought I will fill a fresh application and submit right away. I do have gaps in my application as I mentioned before, so I don't want this to cause a dent. I will try the super priory and report back if successful.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:34 pm

waleed205 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:44 pm

[/quote]Pretty much everyone is originally outside trying to get in, that's why it's call "Leave to enter". The second phase is "Further Leave to Remain", you can't remain when you're outside. So you have to be in country for this to be processed.

[/quote]

Hi, thanks for the feedback.. I am ready, I get in tomorrow night, so I plan to jump in and submit right away. I have been saving the application, not sure if they track the IP address while saving, so I thought I will fill a fresh application and submit right away. I do have gaps in my application as I mentioned before, so I don't want this to cause a dent. I will try the super priory and report back if No need to worry yourself on IP tracking. Submit the application you are filling up already once you are in UK.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:05 pm

I am back in the UK and all is fine. I was able to order SPV, but the problem now is no appointments until after 2 weeks at least, that defeats the purpose of paying extra for decision..

Does UKVCAS release new appoints for the coming days or only at the end of 28-day period. There seems nothing available now expect a few after at least 10 days.

The FAQ says UKVCASE release appointment at midnight and 9am everyday, is there a chance the open appoinemtns this coming week? I don't understand their repose..

If I book one for July 8 and something opens up easier, can I change appointment/. Their side does not mentions this, it only implies that I have to cancel the first and book another..

Any help in this please/

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:29 pm

waleed205 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:05 pm
I am back in the UK and all is fine. I was able to order SPV, but the problem now is no appointments until after 2 weeks at least, that defeats the purpose of paying extra for decision..

Does UKVCAS release new appoints for the coming days or only at the end of 28-day period. There seems nothing available now expect a few after at least 10 days.

The FAQ says UKVCASE release appointment at midnight and 9am everyday, is there a chance the open appoinemtns this coming week? Yes, people attested to getting appointments around midnight howevrr no one can guarantee tou securing one at your desired time. I don't understand their repose..

If I book one for July 8 and something opens up easier, can I change appointment/. Once you book appointment, you cannot view new appointments except you cancelnthe existing booking. Their side does not mentions this, it only implies that I have to cancel the first and book another..

Any help in this please/

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:52 pm

dear all
before I go any further, I want to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions and support. Your hints kept me enthusiastic and optimistic.

I kept refreshing and checking ALLLLL UK locations every half an hour and I finally got an opening. So my message to all applicants, keep trying and refreshing. I even spotted an opening tomorrow morning in London and it was opened and gone in 1 hour. I could not arrange travel there that quick..

OK,
I uploaded the documents. The arrangement is different that what they listed in the application. It seems like they are only asking for the mandatory documents specifically under mandatory tab, basically my BRP card and my spouse's UK immigration proof. I put her FULL UK passport scan, UK birth certificate, and a proof of address. Is this OK? Speaking of proof of address, it was bank's fees statement of 5 pages, I only included the first page which included all critical information, account number, name, and address. Will this suffice?

For other documents, I had to use my creativity in listing each document under each category. For example, marriage certificate under Life Events section. Bank statements and cash declaration under Finance etc. Is this good? I may have repeated some documents in some sections. For example, they asked for my son's birth certificate and his mom's proof of address, I used the same bank statement above etc.

I bought the Super Priority Service, Should I submit now or wait until the biometric appointment? I assume at that time, UKVCAS staff will submit on my behalf. if I submit now, will it expedite the decision?

Thanks again, and apologies for the long post...

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:12 pm

Any help please ☝️☝️

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:28 pm

waleed205 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:52 pm
dear all
before I go any further, I want to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions and support. Your hints kept me enthusiastic and optimistic.

I kept refreshing and checking ALLLLL UK locations every half an hour and I finally got an opening. So my message to all applicants, keep trying and refreshing. I even spotted an opening tomorrow morning in London and it was opened and gone in 1 hour. I could not arrange travel there that quick..

OK,
I uploaded the documents. The arrangement is different that what they listed in the application. It seems like they are only asking for the mandatory documents specifically under mandatory tab, basically my BRP card and my spouse's UK immigration proof. I put her FULL UK passport scan, UK birth certificate, and a proof of address. Is this OK? Speaking of proof of address, it was bank's fees statement of 5 pages, I only included the first page which included all critical information, account number, name, and address. Will this suffice?

For other documents, I had to use my creativity in listing each document under each category. For example, marriage certificate under Life Events section. Bank statements and cash declaration under Finance etc. Is this good? I may have repeated some documents in some sections. For example, they asked for my son's birth certificate and his mom's proof of address, I used the same bank statement above etc.That's OK

I bought the Super Priority Service, Should I submit now or wait until the biometric appointment? I assume at that time, UKVCAS staff will submit on my behalf. if I submit now, will it expedite the decision? There is no categorical evidence as far as I know that it makes decision faster.

Thanks again, and apologies for the long post...

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:47 pm

I attended the bio this morning at 9, still waiting. SPV

Just wondering, do they actually call the bank or council to check on us? I know they have the right and I know I gave them consent, but do they actually call to verify?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:51 pm

waleed205 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:47 pm
I attended the bio this morning at 9, still waiting. SPV

Just wondering, do they actually call the bank or council to check on us? I know they have the right and I know I gave them consent, but do they actually call to verify?
Not sure they ever do, just like referees. But only the HO can tell you that for a fact. Have you got something you're worried about?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!