ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Domestic Violence, ILR and fraud

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DavidGoliath20
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Domestic Violence, ILR and fraud

Post by DavidGoliath20 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:06 am

Hi all,
I have been on the receiving end of domestic violence from my partner. I currently have ILR status (granted on this year under unmarried partner route). She keeps blackmailing me that if don't listen to her or try to break the relation, she will report me to HO for deception. Here's my immigration history.

2007 - student visa
2010 - post study visa.
2011 - Tier 1 - employment and self-employment
2013 - Tier 1 extension.
2015 - Spouse visa (unmarried partner) under her as she had become British at this point.
2018 - Spouse visa extension
2022 - ILR under spouse route,

Since I have wrapped up all activities for the self employment activities and she has read about people being deported due to 'deception in previous applications', she has copies of all my paperwork and is threatening to present evidence in a way to report me to HO and ban me from the UK.

Can you please advise of the following?
1. Will HO consider and review this kind of report sent? What is the likely hood they will take this seriously?
2. Can my ILR be revoked for perceived deception in 2013?
3. I have reported her threats to the police. Would HO take this inconsideration if they decide to revoke my ILR?
4. If they don't take any action now, can this affect my Naturalization application next year?

vinny

Re: Domestic Violence, ILR and fraud

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:16 am

1. Probably depends on her credibility and evidence?

2. If there was deception, then they may revoke your ILR. However, if she was also a party to the deception, then she would incriminate herself? Blackmail is also a criminal office.

3. If substantiated, then probably yes.

4. If there is sufficient proof of deception, then they may also revoke your British citizenship.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.