ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trouble sponsoring my mother on a visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Trouble sponsoring my mother on a visit visa

Post by benjamintrevor » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:14 pm

I tried to sponsor my parents for a visit visa to the UK from Bangladesh. But she has been refused on the ground that she doesn't have an income ( as she is a housewife, I'll be paying for her travel expenses a-z), so they don't accept that she has strong ties to go back to country of origin. Now, I want to retry. Could you guys suggest how I should tweak the application, Please?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Trouble sponsoring my mother on a visit visa

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:33 am

benjamintrevor wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:14 pm
I tried to sponsor my parents for a visit visa to the UK from Bangladesh. But she has been refused on the ground that she doesn't have an income ( as she is a housewife, I'll be paying for her travel expenses a-z), so they don't accept that she has strong ties to go back to country of origin. Now, I want to retry. Could you guys suggest how I should tweak the application, Please?
The thing about visiting visa rejection is that you can rush them. You have to sit down, analyse and re-strategize. Look at the major issues raised and try to build an income for her in the next 7-8 months. It might be trading or some sort of business. Whoever her case lands on their table next would look at the reason for the previous refusal.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by benjamintrevor » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:20 am

she is 60+, retired. Even If I create a synthetic income source out of the blue. they'll refer to the previous application and find out that she is retired. right?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:28 am

benjamintrevor wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:20 am
she is 60+, retired. Even If I create a synthetic income source out of the blue. they'll refer to the previous application and find out that she is retired. right?
Retired people still do other stuff for income. Even here in the UK. No one would question that.

blondesafari

Post by blondesafari » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:27 am

Ticktack wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:28 am
benjamintrevor wrote:
Retired people still do other stuff for income. Even here in the UK. No one would question that.
Are you seriously suggesting the OP lie by manufacturing an income?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:28 am

blondesafari wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:27 am
Ticktack wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:28 am
benjamintrevor wrote:
Are you seriously suggesting the OP lie by manufacturing an income?
Lie?? Is creating an income for you parents a lie? Not sure what you're on about?
Maybe you'd want to research the definition of Income first.
What is the official definition of income?
income. n. money, goods or other economic benefit received.

Not all income is going to work everyday. You can sit at home, with your feet on the coffee table watching Netflix day in day out and still have a guaranteed regular income.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:43 am

benjamintrevor wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:14 pm
she has been refused on the ground that she doesn't have an income ( as she is a housewife, I'll be paying for her travel expenses a-z), so they don't accept that she has strong ties to go back to country of origin.
Having an income is not so much the issue as the fact that she does not appear to have stronger ties to her country of origin than to the UK (via you).

So the solution is not to give her an income, but to show that she has a stronger reason to return to her country of origin than to stay back with you.

Indeed, if you are the source of her income, that will make the situation worse, as she will have an even stronger reason to stay back with you (as not only her son, but also the source of her income).

Essentially she needs a job that requires her to be in the country of origin that she needs to return to or some other strong ties (other children and grandchildren, etc).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.